PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Proraso Green Tea Shaving Soap now at Shoppers Drug Mart.

Bill Smith
04-26-2009, 06:38 PM
I was in my local Shoppers Drug Mart here in Oakville and I noticed the Shoppers buyers listed the Proraso Green Tea and Aloe Shaving Soap in the white tub. Now if only they carried the Proraso aftershave balm.

Jonnyfive
04-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Nice, maybe they have it here in Alberta. I've looked before and didn't see the green tea one but perhaps it's new or I need to look at a couple different ones.

I am lucky enough to have a store in my city that sells the aftershave balm. I love that stuff. Although I do have some mamma bear in the mail.

RILEY
04-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Vancouver Shoppers Drug Marts are stocking it too :thumbup1:

ZZTop
04-26-2009, 08:43 PM
It's been in the Toronto stores for a while now, they also carry the Green tube and the pre/post as well as Nivea Cream and Real Shave Co.

BoonySaint88
04-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Wow Canada has got some nice products to offer in the local drug store. Little bit jealous.

RILEY
04-26-2009, 08:51 PM
True. Its funny how relative it is.
I am jealous of the UK's Erasmic, Ingrams, Palmolive or Portugal's La Toja products all readily available on a supermarket shelf
I am proud Canada carries Nivea products though. :001_smile

twoods
04-26-2009, 09:02 PM
I can find the white tub here in NB too. I hope they get the aftershave too...

ZZTop
04-26-2009, 09:27 PM
OH! I almost forgot! I found Nivea Cream on sale for $2.99 for a tube at Rexall today, it normally sells for 5.99. I grabbed the last one on the shelf, but if you have one nearby and you like Nivea...half price on a good product.

RILEY
04-26-2009, 09:44 PM
I find the rock bottom cheapest prices for Nivea is at Army & Navy. They carry Kaloderma shave cream too.
No need to shop any further regarding price shopping. Unfortunatley Army & Navy is only located in Edmonton & Vancouver I think. But if you ever visit just pop in there & load up. :001_smile

redgrandam
04-27-2009, 09:48 PM
This was the first good soap that I've purchased (after ofcourse being dissappointed by all the other crap drug store/walmart kinds), and it's amazing. I still need to experiment with some others, but it's great that this is decently priced, and readily available I think it will stay as one of my regularly used products.

Alacrity59
04-27-2009, 10:10 PM
I was in my local Shoppers Drug Mart here in Oakville and I noticed the Shoppers buyers listed the Proraso Green Tea and Aloe Shaving Soap in the white tub. Now if only they carried the Proraso aftershave balm.

I picked up some of the Proraso balm at Seacor just off Weston Road North of the 401. I bought some Thayer's Witch hazel at Whole foods in Oakville a few months ago but when I went back two weeks ago I couldn't find it anymore.

rafikz
04-27-2009, 10:36 PM

We've had this soap for more than a year here in Quebec :biggrin:

And the balm for a looong time; basically, ALL the Proraso products :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

rafikz
04-27-2009, 10:37 PM
Wow Canada has got some nice products to offer in the local drug store. Little bit jealous.

Yeah but you guys have Colonel Conk and VDH :biggrin:

Rated R Superstar
04-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Yeah but you guys have Colonel Conk and VDH :biggrin:

YES WE DO carry the CONK but not VDH LOL !!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

scooby074
04-27-2009, 11:25 PM
Now if only they carried the Proraso aftershave balm.

Another wish for the Prorasso AS at shoppers. Funny that they carry all the other products besides the AS.

RILEY
04-28-2009, 11:11 AM
Another wish for the Prorasso AS at shoppers. Funny that they carry all the other products besides the AS.

I've wondered the same thing.
I am thinking cause its retail price puts it in the $15 dollar range which basically pushes itself out of the market for the average Joe. We know that you get what you pay for with Proraso and would be willing to pay for the good stuff but the average person going in there probably just wants to ante up for a cheap $3-$5 splash just because its cheap & wouldnt even know what they would be missing by passing over the Proraso splash because they wont even think of going there to the dark side of shavedom - like its some sort of mysterious, never discussed aspect of men's grooming :a45:. Generally they might be looking at it from a cost perspective, why would you fork over $15.00 when you can grab a $3.00 splash? The Proraso Pre/Post might even be pushing it at $10.00 for most customers.

I have no problem doing it though, I think Proraso A/S splash, Balm, & Pre/Post are all the rage :w00t:

kingb71
04-29-2009, 09:34 PM
I've seen it in 2 stores now in Mississauga.
I bought some about 2 weeks ago, I've been looking for it for about a year, every time I walk into a Shopper's I go to the shaving aisle.

bluepunk18
04-29-2009, 09:39 PM
I too have seen the Green Tea Proraso in many Shoppers' around the GTA, and Vaughn. Actually, our local Dollar/Convenience store here in old Maple, which is a largely Italian-descent neighborhood, carries the Pre/Post shave. I've been meaning to pick some up...Its not a dollar, but who cares?! If its half as good as the regular tub of soap, sign me up!

RILEY
04-29-2009, 09:50 PM
I too have seen the Green Tea Proraso in many Shoppers' around the GTA, and Vaughn. Actually, our local Dollar/Convenience store here in old Maple, which is a largely Italian-descent neighborhood, carries the Pre/Post shave. I've been meaning to pick some up...Its not a dollar, but who cares?! If its half as good as the regular tub of soap, sign me up!

Jump on that Pre/Post. It is great, Soothes razor burn & clears up red irritation. :thumbup:

Jonnyfive
04-29-2009, 10:19 PM
I just found it at my local shoppers! For the first time it's there. I picked some up tonight.

Starcar
04-29-2009, 10:29 PM
If you live in the GTA, better selection ( and price ) for all Proraso products, also Omega and Kaloderma at Highland Farms stores. Just keep it our secret.

Joshua Da Silva
04-30-2009, 12:19 AM
I've seen it in 2 stores now in Mississauga.
I bought some about 2 weeks ago, I've been looking for it for about a year, every time I walk into a Shopper's I go to the shaving aisle.

Hurray for Mississauga!
:biggrin:

I went to the shaving aisles of the a shoppers for the first time the other day to kill time, and viola, as I had been told, Proraso was on the shelf! I saw the white tub as well, I wasn't aware that they didn't carry it before.

A few days later I went into the shoppers just down the street, and they also had real shaving company products! Now I'm getting excited! Hurray for locally available products!

Ken Tanaka
04-30-2009, 01:53 AM
I find the rock bottom cheapest prices for Nivea is at Army & Navy. They carry Kaloderma shave cream too.
No need to shop any further regarding price shopping. Unfortunatley Army & Navy is only located in Edmonton & Vancouver I think. But if you ever visit just pop in there & load up. :001_smile

There is an Army and Navy in NE Calgary...by the old Ikea location.

bluepunk18
04-30-2009, 05:18 AM
If you live in the GTA, better selection ( and price ) for all Proraso products, also Omega and Kaloderma at Highland Farms stores. Just keep it our secret.

:devil: I won't tell a soul....It can be our little secret. Besides, my Father-in-Law works at one, so I have an in :wink:

Pugflop
04-30-2009, 03:25 PM
I'll have to look for it here.

dubl007
04-30-2009, 04:58 PM
they have the proraso products at the jean coutu drugstores in montreal
I bought a proraso after shave last week at 16$Can a bottle.

cesium
04-30-2009, 07:26 PM
In Sackville Nova Scotia shoppers has proraso pre/post, the green tube, the green tub of soap, the aloe (white) tub of soap, and their canned foam. They've also got two types of omega boar brush! No aftershave though.

RILEY
05-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Good evening everyone,

I was at Shoppers Drug Mart today in Vancouver, all the Proraso products are on sale. Soap was $6.50, Green Tea & Aloe was $7.50, Pre/Post was $8.00

Just wanted to spread the news if anyone is planning on topping up on the Proraso

Proraso is just the best, is'nt it guys?

TLetums
05-18-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the tip!

Small adition - sale is on until May 22nd.

redgrandam
05-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Looks like 15% off all the products, and omega boar brush as well in Ontario, also till the 22nd

Good evening everyone,

I was at Shoppers Drug Mart today in Vancouver, all the Proraso products are on sale. Soap was $6.50, Green Tea & Aloe was $7.50, Pre/Post was $8.00

Just wanted to spread the news if anyone is planning on topping up on the Proraso

Proraso is just the best, is'nt it guys?

Maduro 5
05-20-2009, 06:48 AM

There is a Highland Farms in Mississauga.I know that other locations do carry it. Or try Fendrihan.com

endcycle
05-20-2009, 09:16 AM
and when in the hell are USA drugstores gonna start carrying this stuff? argh!!

RILEY
05-20-2009, 09:57 AM

What do ya mean? You guys had your chance already with Target :lol:

kingfisher
05-20-2009, 10:15 AM

They probably stopped carrying it because nobody bought it. They probably won't carry it again unless they get some kind of hint that the same thing won't happen again.:frown:

Ru4scuba?
05-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Damn the Canucks! All the good stuff at their local store. All I can find that this site talks about with any regularity is Pinaud at CVS. Other than that, I have to go to a specialty store (AoS) or buy it online!

You lucky dogs up north!

redgrandam
05-20-2009, 07:35 PM
For those that see the Proraso AS at Highland Farms, do you recall what price they are charging for them?

Jonnyfive
05-20-2009, 07:46 PM
PSA
I Just got a flyer for shoppers saying that the proraso products are 15% off!