PDA

View Full Version : you know you're obsessed with wetshaving when...

gaseousclay
03-21-2009, 06:26 PM
me: you take a detour into the bathroom just so you can catch a whiff of your col conks almond soap and badger brush. now that I think about it I do this almost everyday.

what weird quirks have you picked up when you started wetshaving? do you run your thumb perpendicular to the razor just to see how it feels? time to fess up.

Ru4scuba?
03-21-2009, 06:28 PM
None that I prefer to discuss :)

erudolph
03-21-2009, 06:29 PM
You shave several times a day, until it starts to injure your skin, then you cut down to only twice a day.

Chuckaluck
03-21-2009, 08:34 PM
my weird quirk is looking at what other guys are shaving with at the gym I go to! I have yet to see a DE, and do not expect to. :bored:

OldSaw
03-21-2009, 08:53 PM
...you join a forum to talk about shaving.

GardenWeasel
03-21-2009, 08:55 PM

yep - that could be considered weird... :cool:

JonnyAngel
03-21-2009, 08:59 PM

You check said forum 5 times a day!

Luc
03-21-2009, 09:23 PM
me: you take a detour into the bathroom just so you can catch a whiff of your col conks almond soap and badger brush. now that I think about it I do this almost everyday.

what weird quirks have you picked up when you started wetshaving? do you run your thumb perpendicular to the razor just to see how it feels? time to fess up.

:001_rolle I did that... since I started wetshaving...

I sometimes get "Are you shaving? Again? Didn't you shave this morning?" All in the same conversation...

Finally, I often feel the grain of my beard while reading, it's something I never did before...

Stubblefield
03-21-2009, 09:30 PM
You check said forum 5 times a day!Only 5 times? :biggrin:

I keep a puck of Col Conks in the kitchen as hand soap, so that way I don't have to run to the bathroom to smell shave soap. I may have to start keeping a puck in the car as well.

SRock
03-21-2009, 10:36 PM
You rack up nearly 3,400 posts in less than six months on a shaving forum!

Fnord5
03-21-2009, 10:38 PM
You rack up nearly 3,400 posts in less than six months on a shaving forum!

Only 9 posts away, you can do it!

SRock
03-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Only 9 posts away, you can do it!

2 more :lol::lol::lol:

SRock
03-21-2009, 10:54 PM
Here's 3.4K :lol::lol::lol::lol:

thunderball
03-21-2009, 11:21 PM
...you find yourself purposely using too much cream just so it'll run out faster and you can buy more.

...you are actually disappointed that your shaving soaps never actually seem to get any smaller.

...you put on expensive colognes after your evening shower just before bed.

...you get 1/2 a shave out of each blade.

...companies have stopped sending samples to your various pseudonyms (who all mysteriously live at the same address).

...you risk long-standing friendships by trying to convert 'the guys' over to Speick and Superspeeds.

...your wife has actually said, "I will kill you on the spot if you ask me to smell your face one more time".

...you don't care anymore that people tell you that you smell like their grandpa.

:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

nrek619
03-21-2009, 11:37 PM
...you don't care anymore that people tell you that you smell like their grandpa.thatz tha one.........:wink:

D.Irving79
03-22-2009, 12:00 AM
i mentioned this once before: i looked at my cat once and contemplated making a brush out of some of her fur.

Freddyface
03-22-2009, 01:20 AM
One of my daughter's has an Italian boyfriend. She lives quite a way from me and, for one reason or another, I met him for the first time only yesterday.
I think you may guess what my main topic of conversation was. He said that he could only shave every other day and that he used a cartridge razor, fusion I think. I had him in my power and gave him the works. After a while I began to get "funny" looks from SWMBO who, together with my daughter, started to make comments about me needing "help" of some kind. They then went on to describe my shave den looking like a cross between a barber shop and an antique store and that I was extending out into other rooms. I said that there are lots of people like me and that we meet in our own special places. "Secure I hope" retorted my daughter. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I don't think that I convinced the boyfriend of anything but I did plant a seed. And yes, I was constanty faceturbating which he must have thought was a nervous affliction. It isn't is it? Off now to ogle my shaving regalia which I do a few times each day.

ClubmanRob
03-22-2009, 01:33 AM
One of my daughter's has an Italian boyfriend. She lives quite a way from me and, for one reason or another, I met him for the first time only yesterday.
I think you may guess what my main topic of conversation was. He said that he could only shave every other day and that he used a cartridge razor, fusion I think. I had him in my power and gave him the works. After a while I began to get "funny" looks from SWMBO who, together with my daughter, started to make comments about me needing "help" of some kind. They then went on to describe my shave den looking like a cross between a barber shop and an antique store and that I was extending out into other rooms. I said that there are lots of people like me and that we meet in our own special places. "Secure I hope" retorted my daughter. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I don't think that I convinced the boyfriend of anything but I did plant a seed. And yes, I was constanty faceturbating which he must have thought was a nervous affliction. It isn't is it? Off now to ogle my shaving regalia which I do a few times each day.

Wow, as much as I like shaving and the related discussions concerning it, that kinda creeped even me out. :biggrin:

walds11
03-22-2009, 02:47 AM
Here is one for you...

Sometimes when I am in the bathroom doing my business, brushing my teeth or whatever, I pop the cap off my Bigelow cream and take a whiff :biggrin:

Henrique
03-22-2009, 05:16 AM
...you find yourself purposely using too much cream just so it'll run out faster and you can buy more.

...you are actually disappointed that your shaving soaps never actually seem to get any smaller.

:lol::lol::lol:

gaseousclay
03-22-2009, 05:30 AM

true for me on both counts. I have one tube of proraso cream and 3 pucks of soap and it seems like my soap isn't going down fast enough. it's a weird psychological experiment I think. I want my soaps to last long but at this rate it seems like I won't go through them for at least a year. I still wanna try other soaps but avoid the clutter at the same time :frown:

Stubblefield
03-22-2009, 10:34 AM
You rack up nearly 3,400 posts in less than six months on a shaving forum!You are my inspiration! :biggrin:

1OldGI
03-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Here's one I did yesterday. You know you're obsessed when part of your Saturday routine is hitting all the local antique and thrift stores looking for old razors. And you go into local stores with no money and no intention of buying anything just to see what their selection of cool shaving stuff is.

Another one, you have an ebay search locked to notify you when a certain razor comes up for sale.

nrek619
03-22-2009, 11:14 AM
Another one, you have an ebay search locked to notify you when a certain razor comes up for sale.yup....thatz one too........compulsive E-Bay disorder.........I usually watch a bunch of razors I might like to see how the demand is......and I search different category's for the out of place find.......

walds11
03-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Here is another one for you. I don't normally shave on Sundays. I just took a shower and rubbed some Bigelow on my face while I was in the shower. Yeah baby!

xdkeys
03-22-2009, 02:07 PM
When you get bored, you go and make lather.

SavantStrike
03-22-2009, 02:18 PM
When you sniff your shaving brush to smell the VDH+mint goodness that reminds you of the morning shave...

dubby
03-22-2009, 02:25 PM
my blades are from pakistan,my razor is from the usa,my shave soap is from italy ,and i cant wait to try an egyptian blade.is this normal?

GardenWeasel
03-22-2009, 02:29 PM
my blades are from pakistan,my razor is from the usa,my shave soap is from italy ,and i cant wait to try an egyptian blade.is this normal?

which blade is egyptian? (inquiring minds!)

o bama is not irish? who knew! (purely rhetorical!)

New Orleans
03-22-2009, 02:40 PM
You approach wetshaving like a science lab, carefully chronicling the results of your various changes and technical experiments to that illusive end: the perfect shave.

dpm802
03-22-2009, 02:54 PM
... when you inject phrases like "YMMV" into everyday conversation.

... when you're in a store that carries shaving products, and every time you walk by that aisle, you take an inventory of DE blades, VDH brushes and soap, and other non-cartridge, non-goo items. When something gets sold, you wonder "Hmmmm ... who else besides ME is into wet-shaving?"

GardenWeasel
03-22-2009, 02:54 PM
You approach wetshaving like a science lab, carefully chronicling the results of your various changes and technical experiments to that illusive end: the perfect shave.

journal?

40_Caliber
03-22-2009, 03:34 PM
It's a madhouse:w00t::mad3::jump:

harleyfrog
03-22-2009, 03:50 PM
. . . when your wife asks you to peel some kiwi fruit and you pull out your straight razor. :lol:

GardenWeasel
03-22-2009, 03:53 PM
. . . when your wife asks you to peel some kiwi fruit and you pull out your straight razor. :lol:

works for me!:001_rolle