PDA

View Full Version : FS or FT: C&E Sweet Almond Oil Shaving Cream

brothers
01-12-2009, 04:45 PM
*** OFFER WITHDRAWN ***Appears to be a nearly full tub. The only reason I'm offering to sell it is that I shaved with it one time and it burns my face, and turns it red. Major bummer, gentlemen. I now know exactly why the guys are looking for it. The BK4 worked it's magic and I had a ton of lovely looking and smelling lather that was what I call world class. I got a pretty decent single pass shave. If you're a collector, here's a problem: The tub is cracked. I didn't break it, and don't know who did. See photo attached. I was going to put the cream in an empty Cella Tub I have, and shave with it every chance I got, that was my plan before it burned my face. So here's my offer: if you want to buy it, and have an Anchor Hocking bowl, or some other cream's empty tub to put it in, it's $25 shipped stateside. Elsewhere, it's $22 plus actual shipping costs. If you've got a tub of CF, or something else, maybe we can trade even. Send me a PM. If someone offers to trade for something, then I might take the trade over a straight sale. Let's talk. I'll be away from my PC for a couple of hours after I post this, so I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks.***OFFER WITHDRAWN***

(Clint, you are absolutely correct, sir. The inner tub lifts neatly out of the outer tub that is cracked, and what I had feared most, the rapid dehydration of the cream, is a non-factor. Now, if I could only immunize or somehow protect my face from the effects of whatever chemical process is causing this burning sensation, I'd just keep it and be extremely happy to shave with it for a very long time. I may withdraw my offer to sell or trade for the time being until I can do some further research into the subject. You have my gratitude for this piece of very helpful information. Thanks.) ***OFFER WITHDRAWN***

Mr. Todd
01-12-2009, 04:58 PM
It's a shave about the crack... great cream though.

Also a shave about the face... =(

brothers
01-12-2009, 06:54 PM
If I thought I could eventually become immune somehow to the burning and turning red, I'd suffer through it, but I don't see that happening! The fragrance is better than I expected. It looks like a tub of creamy butter.

brothers
01-12-2009, 08:01 PM
I have withdrawn my offer to trade or sell the C&E SAO.

(Written in response to a post by Clint: Clint, you are absolutely correct, sir. The inner tub lifts neatly out of the outer tub that is cracked, and what I had feared most, the rapid dehydration of the cream, is a non-factor. Now, if I could only immunize or somehow protect my face from the effects of whatever chemical process is causing this burning sensation, I'd just keep it and be extremely happy to shave with it for a very long time. I may withdraw my offer to sell or trade for the time being until I can do some further research into the subject. You have my gratitude for this piece of very helpful information. Thanks.)

Mr. Todd
01-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Have fun!

brothers
01-12-2009, 09:24 PM
It's going to hurt! But I'm a tough bird.