PDA

View Full Version : Pitralon & Floid

ponyplayer
10-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Hi all,

I posted this in another thread but decided to create a new topic in case it was being overlooked.

Does anyone have a good source for US residents to acquire the Swiss Pitralon and Floid aftershaves?

I have found them at http://www.manufactum.com/track_flas...Pr.5118.0.html but have never used this vendor.

Thanks.

Patrick

Dinder1
10-04-2006, 08:26 AM
Thats funny Patrick, I was just looking at that site yesterday. I would love to find a source for these A/S products.
Cheers, DJ.

PS. Sumatra would be a great choice, it's low in acidity with a nice heavy body.

Suzuki
10-04-2006, 08:31 AM
I'm pretty sure that this is where Tom sourced these products.

I've got both the Swiss and German versions of the Pitralon and, while both are good, I find the Swiss one to be the one I prefer. Unusual scent, but great on the skin.

joel
10-04-2006, 10:38 AM
I have some coming from that vendor.... I will update this thread with my experience once it arrives. :smile:

ponyplayer
10-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Joel,

How were the shipping charges? I am thinking of ordering the Italian Floid, Swiss Pitralon and a Gold Dachs shaving soap.

Thanks.

Patrick

joel
10-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Joel,

How were the shipping charges? I am thinking of ordering the Italian Floid, Swiss Pitralon and a Gold Dachs shaving soap.

Thanks.

Patrick

Not pretty.

LX_Emergency
10-05-2006, 01:11 AM
You actually like that stuff? I bought some pitralon in the Czech republic....when I got home and opened it I recoiled from the fumes that came out of that bottle. Man what a stink....offcourse the swiss version might be different.

crackstar
10-05-2006, 03:57 AM
LX, I also have the Swiss Pitralon aftershave, as well as the Pitralon Classic. I enjoy both of them very much.

Jeff

Stauff
10-05-2006, 06:05 AM
So what exactly is Floid then? I saw some monster bottles in my local store and am still wondering if it's any good. Is it the same as Pitralon?

Suzuki
10-05-2006, 07:12 AM
So what exactly is Floid then? I saw some monster bottles in my local store and am still wondering if it's any good. Is it the same as Pitralon?

Different stuff - the Floid also has gotten some favourable reviews.

peacefrog
10-05-2006, 08:13 AM
I have very little experience with different aftershaves, but I like Floid.

jramire2
08-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm pretty sure that this is where Tom sourced these products.

I've got both the Swiss and German versions of the Pitralon and, while both are good, I find the Swiss one to be the one I prefer. Unusual scent, but great on the skin.

Is German Pitralon the same as Pitralon Classic? I've received decants of both and find that while the Swiss performs well, I actually prefer the scent of the German kind. So I'm trying to track some down.

Also, anyone familiar w/a German aftershave, Irish Moos?

Suzuki
08-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Is German Pitralon the same as Pitralon Classic? I've received decants of both and find that while the Swiss performs well, I actually prefer the scent of the German kind. So I'm trying to track some down.

Also, anyone familiar w/a German aftershave, Irish Moos?

German Pitralon is the same as Pitralon Classic - great pine/cedar/balsam scent and a pretty good performer.

While there are German online suppliers, the shipping will likely be pretty expensive relative to the cost of the product.

I got my Swiss and German Pitralon products in a trade with a German member of the site in exchange for stuff that he couldn't get in Germany.

I would post a note asking if there are any German members who would be interested in a trade or shipping you a couple of bottles (not much more to ship two than one).