PDA

View Full Version : Lees Razor vs Vintage Blades vs Classic Shaving

GarageBoy
07-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Any of these dealers preferred over the others?

murchmb
07-21-2008, 04:40 PM
You won't go wrong with any of them. Preference might come down to price based on what/how much you are ordering.

Hawkeye5
07-21-2008, 05:00 PM
I've had dealings with all three and they are all good. Jim and Lee may give more personal service as they are smaller.

sainttoad
07-21-2008, 05:21 PM
i've dealt positively with classic shaving and vintage blades, never ordered from lee.

vintage blades sent me a personalized thank-you note and a bunch of free Castle Forbes samples. they're top notch (vintage blades *and* CF :lol:)

Stanley
07-21-2008, 05:24 PM
I've ordered from both Lee and Jim @ Vintage Blades, had OUTSTANDING service from both vendors and will absolutely go back again. I wish all internet retailers had the integrity and promptness these two vendors have.

johnniegold
07-21-2008, 05:26 PM
All three are outstanding. :thumbup1:

DunEdinRanger
07-21-2008, 05:28 PM
I've ordered twice from Jim at Vintage blades, ordering late in the evening. It was shipped the next day, and the day after that it arrived. But I never got a CF sampler.:frown:

kongjie
07-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Avoid Vintage Blades because Jim will send you a couple of samples, you'll get hooked and then blow your shaving budget on things you hadn't even considered buying. :001_smile

Groundhog
07-21-2008, 06:08 PM
I've had positive experiences with all 3 as well.

MikeyNice
07-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Ive also ordered from Lee and Classic Shaving with no problems.

professorchaos
07-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Never ordered from Lee's but both Classic and Vintage are top-notch businesses. I would not (read: have not) hesitated to order from either.

Isaac
07-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Ordered from Classic and Lee. Great Vendors...Having actually met Lee, I can tell you hes a top notch vendor.

BroJohn
07-21-2008, 08:45 PM
All are respected merchants who offer superb service and excellent products at very fair prices. Order from them with confidence.

-- John Gehman

student101
07-21-2008, 09:02 PM
shavingessentials.net!!!

DunEdinRanger
07-21-2008, 09:21 PM
I've ordered twice from Jim at Vintage blades, ordering late in the evening. It was shipped the next day, and the day after that it arrived. But I never got a CF sampler.:frown:

shavingessentials.net!!!

I should have said as of yet. My 2nd Order with Jim will be here tomorrow, so I hope there are some CF samplers. But I'm not really expecting anything other than a beautiful royal blue barber pole.

John shipped out my order the day he received it. Talk about service!

I would recommend these guys any time, any where to anyone.

pizzaguy
07-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Quote------- I'm not really expecting anything other than a beautiful royal blue barber pole.------------
]

Can you post a picture of it when you get and I have only dealt with Lee and he was great to deal with !!!!!:biggrin:

JimmyHAD
07-21-2008, 09:44 PM
All three have been top notch for me and I would say the same for Emily of Em's Place as well.

RfD Dallas
07-21-2008, 10:16 PM
I just purchased a Merkur Progress from Jim @ Vintage Blades

I mentioned B&B and samples of Castle Forbes. Here is his reply.....

"Thank you very much for your order. I’ve been blessed to have a great relationship with my fellow members on B&B. I’d would be more than happy to include some samples of Castle Forbes creams with your order and a couple others as well.

Take care.

Jim"

I ordered it Sunday night 7/20/08 by 4:14PM today (7/21) I received my UPS Shipping Notice.

I hope that razor is as good as his service.:biggrin:

BTW. His price was the best by far.

htownmmm
07-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Avoid Vintage Blades because Jim will send you a couple of samples, you'll get hooked and then blow your shaving budget on things you hadn't even considered buying. :001_smile

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

and toi answer the OP, nope!

marty

kwk285
07-22-2008, 03:38 PM
I have only ordered from Lee. I am happy with him and see no reason to try the others.

Black Adder
07-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Out of your list, I've only ordered from Lee and Classic shaving. Both provide excellent service.

Classic shaving has a default "signature required" policy on their shipped orders, so if you want them to deliver the package without the hassle of having to go and sign for the package, e-mail them shortly after you place your order and have them waive the "signature required" bit. They'll comply with no problems.

Don

sainttoad
07-22-2008, 04:55 PM

"Thank you very much for your order. Ive been blessed to have a great relationship with my fellow members on B&B. Id would be more than happy to include some samples of Castle Forbes creams with your order and a couple others as well.

Take care.

Jim"

I ordered it Sunday night 7/20/08 by 4:14PM today (7/21) I received my UPS Shipping Notice.

Now you're in trouble. Get ready to buy some CF products!

thirdeye
07-22-2008, 05:01 PM
All three are great folks. I have not ever heard a bad word....:001_smile

Sando
07-22-2008, 07:20 PM
My experience with Lee was great. He took the time to answer my lame questions with patience. I ended up buying a Duke 3 from him based on his advice and I couldn't be happier. I'd definitely use and recommend him.

...Ray

dwestenk
07-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Any of these dealers preferred over the others?

I believe they are all fine. However, Jim at Vintage Blades is exemplary in his service to and respect for his clients!

Christoph
07-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Never heard of "Vintage Blades", but I have bought numerous items from the other two companies that you mention and they are both great.

DunEdinRanger
07-22-2008, 08:19 PM

"Thank you very much for your order. Ive been blessed to have a great relationship with my fellow members on B&B. Id would be more than happy to include some samples of Castle Forbes creams with your order and a couple others as well.

Take care.

Jim"

UPS Misrouted my order!!! :cursing::a31::a32::cursing::18:

Mainecanefan
07-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Classic is great. I was utterly shocked when my package got from CA to my home in Maine in two days. Given the discussions about the vendors you are asking about, they are all well vetted and spoken for here.

PolieCat
07-22-2008, 09:07 PM
I've ordered only from Lee's but I was so pleased. The package was delivered to my apartment building the very next day. Everything, including the glass bottles of after shave balms, was nicely protected. From what I understand, Lee's will be getting an upgraded website soon.

STINGYBRIMSandBOURBON
07-22-2008, 09:11 PM
shavingessentials.net!!!
I second that..... allthough their selection is limited their service is AMAZING!!!

vcardona
07-22-2008, 09:42 PM
I believe they are all fine. However, Jim at Vintage Blades is exemplary in his service to and respect for his clients!

I couldn't have said it better. I've ordered from Both Classic Shaving and Jim and Vintage Blades. Both provided fantastic service. Jim even sent a hand written note along with my order. It was a wonderful, classy touch; especially since it was so unexpected.

cLin
07-24-2008, 03:46 PM
I ordered a Merkur HD (34C) from Lee's Razor on Sunday and it's Thursday and I have received nothing more then the order confirmation email. Do they send out emails saying your order has been shipped?

DunEdinRanger
07-24-2008, 03:57 PM
I ordered a Merkur HD (34C) from Lee's Razor on Sunday and it's Thursday and I have received nothing more then the order confirmation email. Do they send out emails saying your order has been shipped?

I ordered from Vintage and Shaving Essentials over the weekend and received both packages on Wednesday. They would have been here one day earlier but the USPS and UPS both managed to foul up at the same time.

Lefty
07-24-2008, 04:06 PM
I have the same question about Lee's. I bought some Proraso pre/post based on the recommendation of this post actually. I ordered it last Wednesday and after a full week and a day, I only have the email conformation. Just a little concern, and no way a bad reflection on Lee's Razors.

letterk
07-24-2008, 04:46 PM

I have the same question about Lee's. I bought some Proraso pre/post based on the recommendation of this post actually. I ordered it last Wednesday and after a full week and a day, I only have the email conformation. Just a little concern, and no way a bad reflection on Lee's Razors.

That's somewhat troubling. Lee is usually very quick about getting orders shipped. I've never received a shipping email, but I usually get things within 3 days all the way from the other side of the country. Try calling him.

arcman
07-24-2008, 05:28 PM
I've only ordered from Classic out of the three, but my order was just fine.
The one thing I would improve I would say is that they ought to send a confirmation email with posted tracking number info.

DunEdinRanger
07-24-2008, 05:59 PM
I've only ordered from Classic out of the three, but my order was just fine.
The one thing I would improve I would say is that they ought to send a confirmation email with posted tracking number info.

Both Vintage and Shaving Essentials sent out confirmation emails and tracking numbers. That's how I knew there snags in the delivery process.

cLin
07-24-2008, 08:19 PM
I take back what I said. He may not give notice but the package arrived today, so probably shipped Monday and got here in 3 days. Nice service :)

daddylongstroke
07-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Lee from Leesrazors is awesome!!!!!!

New2DEShaving_Montreal
07-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Impatience sense I do. In the mail everything is young pedawan.