PDA

View Full Version : FS: DE Beginners stuff.

Finnigan
02-05-2008, 08:39 PM
I'll be honest; I don't have any extremely good sterilization methods at my disposal. All items received a rudimentary cleaning (alcohol, antibacterial soap, toothbrush, etc.), but should probably be cleaned further. Prices are quoted shipped in the US. If you want the items shipped outside the US we will have to discuss shipping. I accept paypal (not credit card payments though), and money orders.

Beginner's sets.

1. This set includes a G1 Fatboy in good condition. It has a slight stain on the doors and some small dings and maybe brassing on the handle, and the black in the numbers are pretty much gone. Mechanically it is sound. I have used this razor and it shaves fine, though it wasn't to my taste. Also included is a vintage Ever-Ready C40 brush (I assume it is boar) with a plastic handle (I have not used this brush, but I noticed it sheds a bit,) and a new 20 pack of Personna DE blades. I'm asking $20 shipped. -SOLD-

2. This set includes a T3 long black handled adjustable (Superadjustable?) in very good condition. I don't know much about this model and just received it as part of a package I won on eBay. I have not used this razor, but it appears to be mechanically sound. Cosmetically it has slight water spots on the doors, and there appears to be some glue residue on the bottom of the handle (not sure if there was something glued here like a sticker or cap, or not). Also included is a vintage Erskine P 100 brush (boar I think) with what I believe is a resin handle of some sort? This was my first brush (since moved on to a badger) and it lathers nicely. When it hasn't been used in a while it rattles when you shake it, but if used regularly this goes away. I'm not sure why. Lastly, this package also includes a new 20 pack of Personna DE blades. PS. Sorry about the bad picture. The razor is not bent, and the handle is nice and black. I'm asking $25 shipped.

Individual razors.

1. Three Piece Tech. The plating is all but gone, but the razor shaves nicely. This was actually my favorite and daily shaver until I started using injectors. I'm asking $7 shipped -SOLD-

2. B1 Superspeed I originally thought this had a problem with the door alignment, but looking at other razors, this seems to be okay. It is a bit stiff opening and closing. It has a good deal of brassing under the head. I have actually never shaved with this razor. I'm asking $7 shipped. -SOLD-

manav82
02-05-2008, 08:54 PM
PM sent. Thanks,

Shane27
02-05-2008, 09:11 PM
PM sent as well

Aevum
02-06-2008, 04:03 AM
remember that plating loss dosnt affect the shave, so sometimes its better to get a razor thats a bit banged up for daily used and keep the mint one on display and special occasions,

Finnigan
02-06-2008, 06:17 AM
True. I'm not much of a collector myself though. For me it can be dull as long as it works; and I really don't need more than one backup.

I bought the Fatboy because it seemed by all acounts to be the one to own, but I was cutting my teeth on the Tech. Honestly I found my Injector to be much easier to shave with before I gave the Fatboy a fair shake. The Super is in really nice shape. It was in a package deal (I was after 2 vintage Williams sticks AND their red bakelite holders :biggrin: ) and I just don't use DE's, so I figured I'd let it go to a good home, and recouperate some of my funds at the same time. Daddy wants some fancy soaps! :lol:

Finnigan
02-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Set 1 is sold.

Set 2 is pending sale.

crichton
02-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Great deals for guys starting out!!

Finnigan
02-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Set 2 is still available, as are the tech and the superspeed.

Finnigan
02-08-2008, 06:46 AM
Up.

Finnigan
02-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Set 2 is still available. All the rest are sold.