PDA

View Full Version : Best Bar Soap

Maestro9
02-16-2013, 08:36 AM
What is the best bar soap you've tried so far?

I have my opinion, but am always looking for others to try...

For me, it's Pre De Provence in a light citrus fragrance that smells generic but nice, like an expensive hotel soap.

http://www.smallflower.com/pre-de-provence/agrumes-soap-citrus-blend-250g-bar-21965

It's a huge bar and lathers like a beast as long as you use some kind of shower sponge with it. Real winner for me.

JeffM
02-16-2013, 08:56 AM
I like Pre De Provence as well but prefer the Whole Foods Grapefruit Mint bar and Trader Joe's Ginger Almond. Can't go wrong with any of them.

mheusler
02-16-2013, 10:57 AM
Maestro, I'm doing a video on this that I'm going to post on B&B I'm the next months or so. I've tried plenty, and I've been plenty disappointed. I'll give you three suggestions.

1. For value, I recommend Bee and Flower soaps. They're a Chinese company that makes really wonderful, good smelling soaps for little money. I really like the rose scent

2. For an everyday soap I like Mitchell's Wool Fat and Dr, Castile soaps. These are inexpensive, lather wonderfully and have pretty nice scents. They're a very reliable company

3. For your splurge, I recommend Saint Maria Novella's Milk Soaps. They're triple milled and aged. I love them, they last forever and have almost niche like fragrance, quality scents. Try the the Vetiver. These are the very best in my mind.

Max.

Price
02-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Another vote for Mitchell's Wool Fat bath soap, and I do really like Queen Charlotte's bath soaps as well.

mr_economy
02-16-2013, 11:22 PM
Just an FYI for people who like the Pre de Provence bath soaps: World Market and Trader Joe's both offer the same soaps for much cheaper, just with a store brand on the label. World Market has a fairly large selection of scents but I've only found lemon verbena and lavender scents at Trader Joe's. TJ's has the best price, but even World Market's beat the going price for Pre de Provence by several dollars per bar.

cfbugsbunny
02-17-2013, 06:51 AM
Claus Porto "Deco". It's lime basis (Musgo Real) and milled 7 times. Next would be the Claus Porto "Marine". Don't be scared by the price. At $16-18 these soaps will last 6 months or more.

cfbugsbunny
02-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Lime "Basil" not basis. grrrr

jmsodpc
02-17-2013, 07:27 AM
the past week ive been using mitchells wool fat bath soap.
really like it.
i even like the round type shape to it....fits the hand nicely.

jmsodpc
02-17-2013, 07:28 AM
3. For your splurge, I recommend Saint Maria Novella's Milk Soaps.
wow...$17 bars of soap...splurge is right

urkel
02-17-2013, 08:02 AM
i was recently surprised using momma bear's blood dragon soap? not sure that's the exact name but it lathers and great and the scent is very close to their shave soap. mitchell's is also a favorite

mdevine
02-17-2013, 08:39 AM
While I had to give up on her shaving soap as it burned my face, my wife and I love Mama Bear's bath soaps. We've tried quite a few artisanal soaps, but her scent and latherability is top notch.

Mike

Bigsurprise
02-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Wow, that PdP bar is pretty big haha!

Lately I have been REALLY enjoying three different bars:

Palmolive Naturals Original

Palmolive Naturals Sensitive

Yardley Oatmeal and Almond

The Palmolives can be had from Connaught for £1.8 for four 100g bars.
The Yardley can be found at Dollar stores in the US for $1 per 120g bar.

skleice
02-17-2013, 05:14 PM
I've used some artisan soaps, but I just can't justify spending $5-7 for 1 bar. I've been totally happy with Yardley soaps for a buck. They don't dry my skin out like more commercial soaps and the value is good.

ksblazer
02-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Yardley Oatmeal and Almond

The Yardley can be found at Dollar stores in the US for $1 per 120g bar.

I use Yardley Oatmeal & Almond as well. Great soap for the $$.

Graybeard57
02-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Dial soaps, IMO.

mattdenicola
02-17-2013, 07:53 PM
My favorite bar soaps right now are Stirling Soap Co. standard bath soaps. The lather is exceptional, the moisturizing properties are excellent, and at $2 a bar, you simply won't find a better quality:price ratio. The scents are unique and - though subtle - are expansive and well executed. I have only tried the tallow-based soaps, so I can't speak to the vegan bars, though given the quality of everything else Rod makes, I have no doubt they are excellent.

I also give a thumbs up to Max for suggesting SMN bars. They are superb, though the cost is just ridiculous.

Dusty1
02-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Anyone ever try the razorock bar soaps?

Dools
02-17-2013, 08:22 PM
This is the only bar soap I have been using since Thanksgiving. I buy it at my grocery store. It is Cheap, but, I buy it because it has so few ingredients, and, my face Loves it!

shavefreak
02-17-2013, 08:25 PM
I picked up a couple with a recent order. I have only opened the lavendar. It is amazing, lathers quick in your hand and the scent stays with you. Add in King Loius lavendar shave soap and the KL AS wax and you really don't have any a combo like this with too many products. They are small bars and go quick but I think the quality for the price is fair.

I have been trying samples like a maniac, soaps, balms etc. A couple more to go and I will calm down with a handful but so far the razorock KL stuff will make the cut as will XXX if I can get more or will buy ADP if I must. I think just about all the RR products are first rate and priced well.

njpaddy
02-17-2013, 08:38 PM
I like South of France. I get it at Walmart. Inexpensive for a triple milled soap.

TAZORAC
02-18-2013, 06:26 AM
I like South of France. I get it at Walmart. Inexpensive for a triple milled soap.

Blah, this is like a big bar of Hotel soap!

hillbilly pick
02-18-2013, 06:36 AM
Grandpa s pine tar! Just Awesome in spring and fall!

Dusty1
02-18-2013, 07:34 AM
I picked up a couple with a recent order. I have only opened the lavendar. It is amazing, lathers quick in your hand and the scent stays with you. Add in King Loius lavendar shave soap and the KL AS wax and you really don't have any a combo like this with too many products. They are small bars and go quick but I think the quality for the price is fair.

I have been trying samples like a maniac, soaps, balms etc. A couple more to go and I will calm down with a handful but so far the razorock KL stuff will make the cut as will XXX if I can get more or will buy ADP if I must. I think just about all the RR products are first rate and priced well.

Thanks!

Acmemfg
02-18-2013, 08:59 AM
Good 'ol Lifebuoy (coral color). Sure wish I could find it again

Unadan
02-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Dove Winter Care.

Battou62
02-18-2013, 10:32 AM
[/list]

i use yardley oatmeal & almond as well. Great soap for the $$.

/thread

Wynnsman
02-18-2013, 01:03 PM
I've been using bars from Melaleuca for a long time. Great scents and made from Melaleuca oil.

timsclips
02-18-2013, 03:43 PM
+1 on the Kirk's Castile Soap. Very nice basic soap, very mild, I have recommended it to relatives who complain how soap dries out their skin in the winter.

barneykiller
02-18-2013, 04:13 PM
Dove bar soap. I love the cool moisture line as well.

jpipes3
02-18-2013, 06:46 PM
I've tried like 10,000 soaps in the past year. Or it feels like it anyway. The ones I will be buying again are Speick, Jock Soap, Mike's, and Wm. Neumann. Possibly Zum. Still need to try QCS.

snarf
02-18-2013, 07:14 PM
I typically don't use bar soap, but SWMBO got me something called Bloody Orange Jock Soap. I like the way it smells (very citrus) and it cleans pretty good, so I use it mostly when she and I are going out.

Wildalaska
02-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Chandrika Ayurvedic

KCee
02-19-2013, 09:47 AM
I haven't tried hardly any yet, but I just started using Razorock's Shea butter soap and really like it. Not much scent at all, but great lather (and we have hard water) and my skin feels really good. I had started taking more vitamin D and using raw shea butter on my winter eczema and had eliminated probably 85% of it and I swear using this soap has gotten that to 95%.

jazzguy
02-19-2013, 10:33 AM
I'm partial to Speick and Musgo classic myself. Dove Men Care also gets some use.

Lusitano
02-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Personally I love soaps with shea butter. Tried lately Dr. Woods Shea Butter with Coconut Milk, and it produces a thick and luxurious lather. I can only complain that it's almost unscented.

DeusVult
02-19-2013, 03:26 PM
Another vote for Kirks. It's all I have used for the past several years.

Memphis
02-21-2013, 12:35 AM
My favorite bar soaps right now are Stirling Soap Co. standard bath soaps. The lather is exceptional, the moisturizing properties are excellent, and at $2 a bar, you simply won't find a better quality:price ratio. The scents are unique and - though subtle - are expansive and well executed. I have only tried the tallow-based soaps, so I can't speak to the vegan bars, though given the quality of everything else Rod makes, I have no doubt they are excellent.

I also give a thumbs up to Max for suggesting SMN bars. They are superb, though the cost is just ridiculous.

I've been using Stirling Soap for a about 2 weeks now. I used the lavender soap and was very impressed. I will def be buying more.

Pebcak
02-21-2013, 06:39 AM

You seriously use it as bar soap? I have a bar that I use as a shampoo bar, once I left it outside for two months to air out that is. :scared: That bad boy has a serious pine tar smell to it, so much so I can't imagine using it as a bar soap or shave soap as they suggest.

ThePatrician
02-21-2013, 07:28 AM
Right now I'm going through a 12-pack of Irish Spring. After that I may end up investing in a dozen or so bars of Mama Bear's Aged Spice soap. Love that stuff. I want to look at Trader Joe's soaps, but that'll have to wait.

My two gripes with Grandpa's: it is really small, and it doesn't last long. One feeds the other, so I tend to avoid it. Love the smell, though.

.soap.
02-21-2013, 09:44 PM
I'm head over heels for Trader Joe's PdP Green Tea. Triple milled, long lasting, perfect clean scent, moisturizing shea butter... all for under $5 a bar!

:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:

Nick Danger
02-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Good 'ol Lifebuoy (coral color). Sure wish I could find it again

Then today is your lucky day:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/productDetail/Health_&_Beauty/Skin_&_Body_Care/Soaps/Lifebuoy_Soap_(Set_of_3_Bars)_/H2816

+1 on the Kirk's Castile Soap. Very nice basic soap, very mild, I have recommended it to relatives who complain how soap dries out their skin in the winter.

Here's another example of YMMV: Kirk's is the worst soap for my skin that I've ever used. Very drying. Just terrible for me. Can't use it. Too much coconut oil.

I'm currently thinking about getting some bath and facial soap from Michelle at Mystic Waters. I like supporting active B&B members, and I think her knowledge about soap is pretty impressive. Her shaving soap is excellent, so I suspect her bar soaps are just as good.

Nick

dieselfuel79
02-21-2013, 11:17 PM

The RR exfoliating soap smells absolutely terrific, and it works. Downside, it only lasted about 5 showers for me. (Mon-Fri)
It seems to disappear very quickly.

Wingnut
02-22-2013, 08:04 PM
I'm head over heels for Trader Joe's PdP Green Tea. Triple milled, long lasting, perfect clean scent, moisturizing shea butter... all for under $5 a bar!

:001_wub::001_wub::001_wub:

Add me to that list, but I prefer the lemon verbena scent. GREAT soap in a huge bar for peanuts.:thumbup:

.soap.
02-22-2013, 08:18 PM
Ah yes - - I have the lemon pez... I mean lemon verbena purchased and on deck for when the green tea (eventually) runs out.

Glad to hear you like it as well!

Wingnut
02-23-2013, 02:32 PM
...And now I've got to go out and try the green tea, as I've never even sniffed it. I got as far as the lemon verbena, and I was hooked!:lol:

.soap.
02-23-2013, 04:51 PM
...And now I've got to go out and try the green tea, as I've never even sniffed it. I got as far as the lemon verbena, and I was hooked!:lol:

Yes, definitely do that! FWIW it's similar in scent to a more potent Provence Sante shaving soap, if that helps.

_JP_
02-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Another Yardley fan here.

greenerock
02-23-2013, 05:20 PM
Two of my favorites are Grandma's Lye soap and Chagrin Valley's Honey Butter soap.(Grandpa's pine tar is also a good one)

Tim_McD
02-23-2013, 05:54 PM
I have watched this thread for a bit and I am shocked - shocked I tell you - that there hasn't been more chatter about Nancy Boy soaps. They whole family loves the Signature, Spa and Invigorate scents. The bars are huge, last for a long time and leave your skin feeling great.

All of their skin care products are fantastic

auk1124
02-23-2013, 06:12 PM
Speick uber alles!

IMightBeWrong
02-23-2013, 10:55 PM
I use Kirks Castile when on a budget and South of France Shea Butter or Savon de Marseilles when I get around to buying some. I like fragrance free soaps (even the naturally fragrant soaps make my skin break out) that are all natural.

TripleG
02-24-2013, 01:04 PM
Speick uber alles!
+1

TGilly
02-28-2013, 02:21 PM
I'm really enjoying the Dr. Bronners rose right now. I'm partial to floral scents its not too light and lathers well. I also like the lavender and citrus hemp soaps they make.

EscapeVelocity
02-28-2013, 02:40 PM
I use Ivory. But it's a bit harsh and clinicy smelling.

brooks_bro
02-28-2013, 07:41 PM
I really love Caswell-Massey Newport. While their shaving products are crap, their triple milled bar soaps are very nice. They last a long time too, although I struggle to find a good way to store them in the shower. I am thinking the ticket might be to take the bar out of the shower with me each time and rest it in a dish on my counter top in order to keep it from getting wet and "melting" when others shower. Thoughts?

EscapeVelocity
03-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the tips. I might try that Yardley Oatmeal & Almond. And check out the triple milled stuff at Walmart.

brooks_bro
03-04-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks for the tips. I might try that Yardley Oatmeal & Almond. And check out the triple milled stuff at Walmart.

This was available at the dollar tree as well :lol:

seizure
03-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Hands down. Speick.

I'm not entirely unconvinced that their bar soap is any different than their shave soap - the lather I get out of the bar soap certainly seems thick and slick enough to the point that I could probably shave with it.

mikej7193
03-05-2013, 07:58 PM
I think it's too hard to justify using anything other than Dial. I got 30 bars for about $10 on sale. They smell okay and they get me clean.

Radium
03-07-2013, 11:44 PM
I really love Caswell-Massey Newport. While their shaving products are crap, their triple milled bar soaps are very nice. They last a long time too, although I struggle to find a good way to store them in the shower. I am thinking the ticket might be to take the bar out of the shower with me each time and rest it in a dish on my counter top in order to keep it from getting wet and "melting" when others shower. Thoughts?
What you said is what I do with all my bar soaps that I use after my shower. I take it out and rest it criss crossed on my soap dish so there is air underneath my soap as well and this allows most of my soap to dry evenly.

Radium
03-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Personally I love Ivory soap and recently I have been using an old forgotten brand called Classic Camay International and I am glad it is still 4.5 oz size and regrettably Ivory has gone like the rest to 4oz shrinking size. I`ve tried a lot of soaps from fancy smancy obscure name ones to super expensive ones and thankfully I am very content just to use a 30-40 cents drug store soap to do my cleaning with.

bkflyfisher
03-08-2013, 08:16 AM
I've been using up a bunch of artisan soaps the last year, they're nice but I find the scent tends to fade if you store them for a little bit. Mikes Lavender was pretty nice. Lately I discovered Palmolive Classic Scent ($1.59/3 bars at local 99c store!!) and Pre de Provence which I think are my two favorites. The Palmolive feels as moisturizing as the much pricier PdP, has a light scent-not unlike the beloved Palmolive shave stick, and is made in USA.
I still want to try the Trader Joes labeled version of PdP, to see if it's the same/as good.

njpaddy
03-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Currently using South of France Lavender. South of France is one of the few soaps that creates a good lather with my well water. The scent doesn't hang around after the shower, but while it's being lathered up it smells great.

hypnoz
03-08-2013, 10:09 AM
I highly recommend trying Origins activated charcoal bar of soap for men, I find it works extremely well, has a fantastic scent and doesn't overdry your skin.

Mandina
03-08-2013, 02:37 PM
In Miami I buy La Toja (same as the shave stick) hidrotermal soap at Navarro's Pharmacies for less than $3 for 2 bars--excellent, gentle and moisturizing soap.

Arcadies
03-08-2013, 02:49 PM

I second South of France as well, although my Walmart doesn't carry them and I order the giant 250g/8.8oz bars in a multi-pack, usually equals out to about 3-4 bucks per bar.
I like most of their scents but usually just stick to the extra moisturizing shea butter variety, it's very moisturizing and has a nice inoffensive soapy/clean scent.

Oregoneon
03-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Just stopped by World Market and they had South of France Amber Rose bars on sale for $2.98 Might not have been my first choice of scents, but I had to pick one up for that price.

Flashvictor
03-10-2013, 05:08 PM
The RR exfoliating soap smells absolutely terrific, and it works. Downside, it only lasted about 5 showers for me. (Mon-Fri)
It seems to disappear very quickly.

I agree the RR soaps disappeared very quickly for me as well. I do like the thermal mud. I keep an eye out for when Joe puts them on sale.

QCS makes amazing soaps which last a very long time.

Flashvictor
03-10-2013, 05:09 PM
I highly recommend trying Origins activated charcoal bar of soap for men, I find it works extremely well, has a fantastic scent and doesn't overdry your skin.

I really like the Origins charcoal shower gel.

mascarasnake21
03-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Another vote for Kirk's Castille. Out of all of the soaps I've tried lately, I'm floored.

Best bang-for-the-buck ever.

awiltfong
03-12-2013, 02:13 PM
Chagrin Valley soaps are amazing. I really like the Tea Tree & Neem. Also, I recently purchased a couple bars from QCS and was quite impressed. Both companies are highly recommended!

hawaiianstubble77
06-04-2013, 06:23 AM
Apart from the usual store bought brands such as Dial and Irish Spring, my wife and I purchase, and love, the World Market brand bar soaps. Comprised of all-natural plant derived ingredients, and attractively priced at $3.99 for a 250 gram bar (8 ounces), how can you beat it? Most other bath sized bars are only half the size!

And a variety of scents are available: Lavender, Honey, Grapefruit, Verbena, Fresh Cotton and Shea Butter, though the latter is not listed on the website. My faves are Honey and Shea Butter. Performance, lathering and "skin-friendliness" are top notch. And there are even liquid soap versions of the above. Pretty cool, huh?

The other great part is that there are various World Market locations in many cities. And don't even get me started on some of their food items.

Gonna pay a visit to the local World Market and pick-up a bar or two....and see if Shea Butter is still being produced and to get a complete list of ingredients. I'll post back later on my findings.

http://www.worldmarket.com/search.do?query=world+market+soaps

Happy Shaving, everyone!

-Ross

:001_cool:

FL shaver
06-04-2013, 08:45 PM
In Miami I buy La Toja (same as the shave stick) hidrotermal soap at Navarro's Pharmacies for less than $3 for 2 bars--excellent, gentle and moisturizing soap.
This is my current soap. I also like Heno de Pravia and Scottish Fine Soaps Au Lait bath soap.

Sabre
06-29-2013, 03:43 PM
For the bath and shower - French Shea Butter Soaps (Prč de Provence, L'Occitane en Provence, South of France, Mistral etc. clones), Portuguese Soaps - especially Castelbel.
For facial use - Savon de de Marseille, or English Lavender Soaps from Yardley, Bronnley and Scottish Fine Soaps.

alohakid
06-29-2013, 04:03 PM
Klar's Curd Soap
From the same mfg. as Klar Shaving Soap , the Curd soap leaves you feeling squeaky clean .
http://www.klarseifen.de/shop/en/PRODUCTS/CLASSICS/Klar-s-Curd-Soap.html
They make many other great soaps .
I get mine at Pasteur Pharmacy in NYC .

Sabre
06-29-2013, 04:16 PM
Klar's Curd Soap
From the same mfg. as Klar Shaving Soap , the Curd soap leaves you feeling squeaky clean .
http://www.klarseifen.de/shop/en/PRODUCTS/CLASSICS/Klar-s-Curd-Soap.html
They make many other great soaps .
I get mine at Pasteur Pharmacy in NYC .

The range is more extensive than I realised. Some are priced higher than the Portuguese or Acca Kappa soaps. One to add to the list.

cryhavoc
06-30-2013, 05:58 PM
I buy the Yardley soap at the Dollar Store.

olschoolsteel
06-30-2013, 06:14 PM

Lovin the Stirling bath soap. While the Sheep Soap was my favorite, I just opend a new bar of almond creme. It's like washing with Cella designed for your body. I have to slow the wife down as she would use them exclusively. So I alternate cheaper stuff and its always refreshing to come back to stirling.

pahntr760
07-04-2013, 04:49 AM
I've got an order inbound from SundanceSoapery.com. I will see how that works out. She has plenty of options ans well as shampoo bars and shave soaps.

Rattlesnake Jake
07-04-2013, 07:32 AM
Again, I say "Walter Rau Original Plant Oil Doctor’s Soap" in both the standard and sensitive versions. No BS, just a good, clean soap that leaves no lasting scent. I find myself buying four or five bars at a time because it's not always in stock when I need soap (and I've got a bit of AD...)

Fastfreddie3775
07-04-2013, 07:45 AM
I really like dove soap and in the winter they sell a winter version with more moisturizers. But I prefer the smell of Irish spring but find it to be a bit drying on the old skin

Maximum Closeness
07-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Just ordered 6 small bars from Filthyfarm in hawaii. Free shipping and they seem to be really fun for summer. I went with all citrus based plus a bay rum. Tons to choose from and good prices. Anything to make showering before work a delight!

bluebird
10-24-2013, 02:58 PM
Pre de Provence Shea Butter Bar Soap. Lathers really well, slick and cush, feels like it could be used as a shaving soap. The scent is neutral sorta herbal like. I've never tried there shaving soap in tin and will most likely purchase next year.

Teppanyaki
10-24-2013, 06:55 PM
I also just ordered from Filthy Farmgirl after reading a post here - I'd never heard of them. Ingredients look pretty darn natural, good prices, and the pictures/names clearly deserve my business. If they are only equal to other stuff I try I will probably stick with them just for the names and wrapper graphics!

IMightBeWrong
10-24-2013, 07:39 PM
I use Castile soaps of all kinds and I tend to try all sorts to mix it up. Since I do Jiu Jitsu I also use Defense soap after workouts. I'm practically the only person that uses the showers at my gym after every workout, but the nice Castile soaps I was using didn't stop me from getting ringworm in 2 areas regardless so Defense is the only soap I use post workout.

August West
10-24-2013, 07:42 PM
I have been using this lately:

My new best.

Cheeva
10-26-2013, 07:41 AM
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/images/catalog/skus/l_dr-1014.png

Toothpick
10-27-2013, 06:42 PM
I have been using this lately:

My new best.

Bought some today. Smells fantastic.

Acmemfg
10-27-2013, 07:06 PM
Toss up right now between Bangalore Sandalwood and Dr. Bronner's Castile. Bronner's is a lot easier to find for sure.

aimsport
10-27-2013, 08:32 PM
This is the only bar soap I have been using since Thanksgiving. I buy it at my grocery store. It is Cheap, but, I buy it because it has so few ingredients, and, my face Loves it!

+1

mj0829
10-28-2013, 05:06 PM
i like the Dove Men + care - Extra Fresh bar soap

Heespharm
10-28-2013, 05:17 PM
I love mama bears body soap I have a years worth in my cabinet

IMightBeWrong
10-30-2013, 09:56 PM
Chagrin Valley soaps are amazing. I really like the Tea Tree & Neem. Also, I recently purchased a couple bars from QCS and was quite impressed. Both companies are highly recommended!

I used Tea Tree and Neem for a while because Tea Tree and Neem are both anti-fungal agents and I do Jiu Jitsu so there's always the chance I'll get ringworm or staph and I like to keep those chances low. The people at Chagrin actually recommended the soap to me for that purpose as well. I liked that it doubled as a shampoo so I could just take a whole shower with one thing and go home quickly after a workout. I honestly didn't feel like I was getting very clean using it, and then one day a classmate stopped me on the mat and told me to get off the mats because I had ringworm. It was on my tricep. I later found another spot on my hip. I'd never gotten ringworm showering with any other soap and I never skip a shower after a workout. After that I was convinced that I wasn't getting the results I wanted from it and discontinued use.

YMMV, I use Defense Soap as a workout soap now and a handful of other soaps in my home, usually Kirks or Bronners and sometimes French soaps. It's probably a fine everyday soap, but as I mentioned I didn't feel very clean after using it (if 'feeling clean' makes any sense :P) plus getting ringworm in spite of their recommendation of using that soap left me with a bad taste in my mouth I suppose.

I did like how my hair felt after using the soap, just a short aside. Their Shampoo Bars are nice.

Jarick
11-01-2013, 08:32 AM
I bought some Yardley Lavendar to replace my Dove Men's soap. Super slick and slippery. Maybe not the best lather but was only 99 cents. Looking forward to trying some fancier bar soaps.

evnpar
11-01-2013, 08:59 AM
I've been using Mike's for the past six months, and have been very happy with the variety of scents and the moisturizing properties. I really like his shampoo bar, and have never had a shampoo leave my hair as clean as his does. My favorite lavender scented soap is from Mystic Water. I like the variety of scents offered by QCS, but find that the scent fades by the time I'm halfway through a bar, which never happens with Mike's or Mystic Water soaps. One of my favorite soaps is Speick, although I enjoy having more variety in scents. I tend to use more citrus and floral scented soaps in the spring and summer. Currently, I'm enjoying Mike's Sweet Pumpkin Spice soap, and tend to save Pine & Cedarwood for the winter months.

grandmonsta
11-02-2013, 02:45 PM
I also just ordered from Filthy Farmgirl after reading a post here - I'd never heard of them. Ingredients look pretty darn natural, good prices, and the pictures/names clearly deserve my business. If they are only equal to other stuff I try I will probably stick with them just for the names and wrapper graphics!

I too bought from this brand because of a post on here, but I haven't been impressed with the soaps. I bought a sample pack of the mens soap, and have found them all to be pretty forgettable -- mainly, the scents aren't that strong and don't stick around at all. I loved the 'Spiced Rum' soap, but the scent really doesn't last after you wash it off.

IMightBeWrong
11-02-2013, 05:57 PM
This thread convinced me to try PdP. Ordered some Eucalyptus soap, 2 bars of it. My skin starts to get dry in the winter and I've heard PdP described as being fairly moisturizing so I'm giving it a go. :)

WesternModern
11-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Lightfoot's Pure Pine Gentlemen's Athletic Soap :001_wub: