View Full Version : Mike's Natural Soaps Updates
05-15-2012, 09:45 AM
A few updates:
1. As many have noticed, my stocks have been very low for a couple of weeks. In addition to making soap, I'm also a full-time PhD student and a part-time adjunct lecturer. With the end of the semester upon me, I am very pressed for time. Things will settle down after May 21 and my soap stock will become more consistent.
2. In spite of my erratic stockhttp://shavenook.com/images/smilies/smile.gif,I now have a new scent of shaving soap available for purchase on my site: Lemongrass & Eucalyptus.
3. As many of you know, I'm working on an all-veggie shaving soap formula. I've received some very helpful input from my testers and hope to be offering the new soap for sale shortly.
4. I plan on introducing shave sticks at some point in June.
06-14-2012, 01:42 PM
A few updates:
1. I've whipped up some bay rum shaving soap in both bar and tin form, which is now available for purchase on my site at 50% off normal price for a limited time.
2. Lily of the valley shaving soap will be available very soon.
3. I still plan on offering shave sticks, but their introduction might have to be put off until July.
4. I'm still working on my veggie shave soap formula (I'm up to the 4th prototype) and hope to have a final version within a month or so.
Thanks for reading!
09-02-2012, 02:58 PM
I hope everyone is enjoying their Labor Day weekend so far.
A few updates:
-I’m very pleased to announce that Vintage Blades (www.vintagebladesllc.com (http://www.vintagebladesllc.com/vshop/xcart/product.php?productid=1418&cat=238&page=1)) is now carrying my shaving tins in the following scents: Barber Shop, Hungarian Lavender, Bay Rum, Orange/Cedarwood/Black Pepper, Lime, and Pine/Cedarwood.
-Sharpandshinyshop.com, a Canadian online vendor of knives, shaving gear, and jewelry, is now carrying my shaving bars in a scent not available elsewhere. It’s a blend of eucalyptus, peppermint, and rosemary essential oils and has been dubbed “Brooklyn to London” by the owner. Eucalyptus is the most prominent player in the scent, so though it is somewhat similar to my standard peppermint/rosemary, eucalyptus lovers might prefer it.
-Some of you are already aware, but for the rest of you, I now offer shaving sticks. The following scents are currently available: Lime, Orange/Cedarwood/Black Pepper, Peppermint/Rosemary, and Unscented. I’ll gradually be adding more scents over the coming weeks.
-Shaving soap stock on my own website has been very scant lately due to my supplier’s difficulty in obtaining a shipment of kokum butter, which has been held in customs. I’m currently in the process of replenishing everything.
09-20-2012, 06:22 AM
At the request of some members, I've produced a new shaving soap scent; coconut shaving bars, tins, and samples are now available!
10-29-2012, 03:30 PM
I have some updates for you:
- A limited quantity of Vetiver (essential oil) shaving tins is now available. My supplier no longer carries this oil, so once they're gone, they'e gone!
- Shampoo bars are on the way! A batch scented with lavender, peppermint, and tea tree essential oils is currently curing and should be ready within 2 weeks.
- Due to Hurricane Sandy, shipping on all outstanding orders will be postponed until Wednesday at the earliest. I hope everyone on the east coast is staying safe and dry!
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.