PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a recipe for DIY Moustache Wax?

vaquer03
04-18-2012, 09:11 PM
I've been in every drugstore in a 10 mile radius and can't find any moustache wax. Must have been outlawed or something. I've used clubman in the past & like it. If I order online the shipping won't be worth it, so I was wondering in anyone had a decent recipe?

Tonight I think I'm going to try the less viscous Carmex & see if it works. Bag Balm might also be worth a go?

Eddieb208
04-19-2012, 05:49 AM
I would think that any of the heavy duty hair wax products would do the trick...

TinFish
04-19-2012, 09:16 AM
A young man I worked with had an impressive handlebar moustache. I asked him how he fashioned it and got it to stay put.
He said that in a pinch, Chap Stick does a good job.

vaquer03
04-19-2012, 05:43 PM
I've been in every drugstore in a 10 mile radius and can't find any moustache wax. Must have been outlawed or something. I've used clubman in the past & like it. If I order online the shipping won't be worth it, so I was wondering in anyone had a decent recipe?

Tonight I think I'm going to try the less viscous Carmex & see if it works. Bag Balm might also be worth a go?

Tried the Carmex & it does soften the stash but doesn't really tame it. I'll try the Chapstick tonight & see what that does. I think I may go into the wax making business as I'm sure this city of 1/2 a million has a few guys that would like something.

mdove47
04-19-2012, 06:02 PM
tried Wal-mart?

vaquer03
04-19-2012, 06:21 PM
tried Wal-mart?

Yep, all 4 Walmarts as a matter of fact. They don't carry it. I keep seeing these displays of Burts Bees everywhere & thought they might have some, but no luck with that brand. I haven't tried Trader Joes yet. I know they carry Kiss My Face shaving cream, so maybe they might have some. Anybody had luck with Trader Joes?

LegionPrime
04-20-2012, 09:38 AM
I don't know about your area, but I know recently since I've started looking for Clubman I've seen their mustache wax several times in drug stores such as CVS and Walgreens and I think even a supermarket (don't ask me which one though) I have found them with the shaving products in the area of either the shave creams or aftershaves. I think they just lump whatever Clubman they have together as I've seen the aftershave mustache wax and talc all together.
Failing that . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qsB2KGaX6bg#t=45s

OckhamsRazor
04-20-2012, 09:47 AM
There are a few recipes here: http://www.handlebarclub.co.uk/wax/diy.shtml.

vaquer03
04-20-2012, 03:25 PM
I don't know about your area, but I know recently since I've started looking for Clubman I've seen their mustache wax several times in drug stores such as CVS and Walgreens and I think even a supermarket (don't ask me which one though) I have found them with the shaving products in the area of either the shave creams or aftershaves. I think they just lump whatever Clubman they have together as I've seen the aftershave mustache wax and talc all together.
Failing that . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qsB2KGaX6bg#t=45s

That's a good one! That made my day! Thanks!

vaquer03
04-20-2012, 06:54 PM
I looked at making my own, but the cost was more than a good wax from Firehouse. I ordered the Dark directly from their site for $11 shipped. Hopefully it works as well as the reviews given for it.

I figure I could go look for Clubman & spend it on gas or just have a better product shipped to my front door; when all is said & done for the same price. Cheers gents & thanks for the help.

MoustacheTamer
04-27-2014, 07:41 AM

In a pinch I have found great success with "Aussie Spray" FREEZE. Put a bit on your finger and form your stache. As it dries you get even more control/stickiness. Once completely dry, Nothing is gonna move it. Holds up very well to water also. Available at Wal-mart and just about any hair care dept.