PDA

View Full Version : Tradere Razors's Entry to the Vendor Hall of Fame

natchez
04-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Vendor Hall of Fame EntryWhat is your real name?
Richard Mason What is the name of your business?
Tradere Razors Where are you located?
Reno, Nevada What types of products do you carry or services do you provide?
Machined all stainless steel razors and handles made in the USA. What inspired you to start your business?
To have some fun. I have done a lot of different things, but never manufactured a consumer product before.

I spent 20 years in private industry, mostly in film finance, and then changed careers to become a college professor. I am currently on the faculty of the University of Nevada, Reno, department of accounting. I stepped down as department chair, amongst other reasons to be able to undertake Tradere. How can the members contact you?(email, phone, website)
[email protected]
www.tradererazors.com Do you ship to the US only or worldwide?
Worldwide, as do my preferred resellers BullGoose and West Coast What is your age (or) generation?
58 What is your favorite shave setup?
Right now, one of my prototypes with a Personna lab blade. But, I shave with everything- DE, SE, straight, wedge safeties, you name it and enjoy them all. What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Golf, camping and bird hunting. What else should the members of B&B know about you?
The best thing that ever happened to me was Aimee, my wife of over 35 years now and our two daughters. Both are grown now and off my payroll.

When I came home and told Aimee that I wanted to start a new razor business, she shrugged her shoulders and said, "That sounds like one the dumbest ideas you have ever had, but knowing you, it will work out fine." She keeps me grounded.

djh
04-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Welcome to the HOF Richard. Best wishes for your new venture. I, for one, am certainly looking forward to the release of your new razor!