PDA

View Full Version : F/S - British Sterling Aftershave 112 ml by Dana

Rybot
08-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Hi All,

For sale is a bottle of British Sterling after shave (Dana). Size is 112 ml (3.8 fl. oz.). I have used it less than 5 times so I would estimate the bottle is about 95% full.

I am selling because I just do not enjoy the smell though I have tried. Disappointed but hopefully someone here can enjoy it!

Attached is a blurry picture, sorry, it was taken on my laptop but you get the idea. Hopefully I'm not breaking any TOS, I've never sold anything on the BST. If I am, please let me know and I will fix.

I'm asking $10 shipped N. America.

***** SOLD! *****

smalltank
08-22-2011, 07:50 PM
How would you describe the scent?..anything similar to Clubman LimeSec or Lilac Vegitol?

ST

RichGem
08-22-2011, 07:53 PM
How would you describe the scent?..anything similar to Clubman LimeSec or Lilac Vegitol?

ST

Manly / classic: http://www.basenotes.net/ID26120254.html

smalltank
08-22-2011, 08:05 PM
would this be similar to Clubman scents though?

Rybot
08-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks Richard!

To add a bit: I get a strong smell of cloves mixed with a herbal/minty smell. I think this combination is what I have trouble overcoming. There is also a strong powder note to it. It's not awful by any means, but of course YMMV.

RichGem
08-22-2011, 08:11 PM
would this be similar to Clubman scents though?

Not to my nose. The only thing The Veg smells like is a urinal puck. I've not smelled LimeSec, but I don't recall any lime notes in British.

Thanks Richard!

To add a bit: I get a strong smell of cloves mixed with a herbal/minty smell. I think this combination is what I have trouble overcoming. There is also a strong powder note to it. It's not awful by any means, but of course YMMV.

You're welcome!

smalltank
08-22-2011, 08:24 PM
im curious..the ingredients listed for this AS have NO plants/oils/extracts in it..so where does the minty herbal smell come from?

Rybot
08-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Couldn't tell you. It's just what my nose is perceiving. It may be the floral/citrus top notes. I've only ever smelled Clubman original and this does not smell like it whatsoever. Further, I don't detect any lime smell.

I believe this one is a love it or hate it deal - Unfortunately I fall into the latter category.