PDA

View Full Version : WTB QED Rose

momo360
07-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Looking to buy QED Rose essential oil soap.

momo360
07-17-2007, 07:47 AM
come on now... i mean ... who likes rose anyway... :001_tt2:

jlander
07-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Looking to buy QED Rose essential oil soap.

I wish you luck in finding anyone willing to part with this soap. It is quite amazing in scent, :001_wub: and those who have it do not seem inclined to part with it. It was a limited run soap for B&B. I managed to get a tub and would not willingly give it up. :drool:

Wil
07-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Ask and you might just get one- go to the source- you never know... I received mine that way and sorry- will not part with it.:biggrin:

boboakalfb
07-17-2007, 02:41 PM
The QED is actually a FO...not an EO. I do have a tub though and my answer is NO. Hope you can get some, it's very nice.

TimmyBoston
07-17-2007, 03:24 PM
The QED is actually a FO...not an EO.

We've had quite a lof of discussion of this here, if you're really hung up on an EO soap, might as well give up, a tub of Rose EO Soap will cost you hundreds of dollars. But the QED is simply outstanding, currently it is being considered to be added to a new line of QED products, so it may indeed be available once again. Keep prayin' gentlemen.

TimmyBoston
07-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Ask and you might just get one- go to the source- you never know... I received mine that way and sorry- will not part with it.:biggrin:

Charles no longer has any soaps.

murchmb
07-17-2007, 03:28 PM
There's one for auction on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/QED-Wild-Rose-Shave-Soap_W0QQitemZ220131370860QQihZ012QQcategoryZ11845 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)right now.

TimmyBoston
07-17-2007, 06:20 PM
Okay, I'm really pissed about that, that was a special group buy someone is selling that on ebay, I want to know who that is. I'm mad at the Ebay S&&& not you, Momo, don't worry. But I didn't go through all that work just for someone to sell it on Ebay. I'm really really mad about that.

jlander
07-17-2007, 06:26 PM
It's being offered by "The Shave Den"

echophonic
07-17-2007, 10:17 PM
I love the auction description:

-In high demand

-Limited quantity produced

Those are some action words right there!

ouch
07-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Okay, I'm really pissed about that, that was a special group buy someone is selling that on ebay, I want to know who that is. I'm mad at the Ebay S&&& not you, Momo, don't worry. But I didn't go through all that work just for someone to sell it on Ebay. I'm really really mad about that.

I agree. That was a labor of love, and Tim put an awful lot of work into it.

momo360
07-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Timmy, would you hold it against me if i went for it on ebay... :001_unsur

TimmyBoston
07-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Timmy, would you hold it against me if i went for it on ebay... :001_unsur

Actually I'd prefer it if you did bid on it, at least that way it would come back to the board. I have no issue with members selling them, I sold a few of mine after the sale, but sell them on the board. I conducted that group buy and it was my baby, I am very unhappy to see it for sale on Ebay, but at least if you get it, it will come back to us.

Suzuki
07-18-2007, 12:55 PM
It's being offered by "The Shave Den"

Yet another wetshaver's forum.

How many of these do we need?

momo360
07-22-2007, 06:46 PM
wow... @ $35 and still going... guess i'm out! :tongue:

TstebinsB
07-22-2007, 06:54 PM
I had one for sale right here on B&B a few days go.. It was a very quick sell.

papasmurf
07-22-2007, 07:00 PM
I had one for sale right here on B&B a few days go.. It was a very quick sell.

Yes it was Telly and I thank you for it :001_smile

TstebinsB
07-22-2007, 07:11 PM
I actually loved all the QEDman soaps :001_wub: but I wanted to purchase a razor. That soap sale funded the razor purchase. Looking at the eBay price, you got a deal so I say enjoy! :w00t:

momo360
07-23-2007, 06:49 AM
yeah, can't believe i missed those soaps, was out camping with friends getting eaten alive instead of getting soaps.... sighs.

p.s. anyone know if one can make homemade bug repellant that works better than that OFF or Muskol stuff...

hyperwarp
07-23-2007, 06:53 AM
I love the auction description:

-In high demand

-Limited quantity produced

Those are some action words right there!
Looks like $35 bid won the TSD Ebay auction....Now you guys know what
your QED Rose soap is worth !!!!

flatsixcrazy
07-23-2007, 09:27 AM
WOW, how much are they originally?

hyperwarp
07-23-2007, 11:14 AM
That was before my time but must be SOME SOAP & a dang good investment
to boot.....LOL, never thought I'd think of Shaving Soap as an investment vehicle, but wadda I know....

boboakalfb
07-23-2007, 11:29 AM

I believe around $15 including shipping. Definitely worth more to me than the $35 price tag from the ebay sale. No way you could pry it from my hands. A lot of effort went into the group buy. The soap is fantastic, hopefully it ends up being a regular for Charles. :thumbup:

TimmyBoston
07-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Still I think it was really distasteful to put it on Ebay in the first place. :thumbdown

ZiggyDeath
07-23-2007, 04:39 PM
qed wild rose soap puts a tub of trumpers rose cream (25$) to shame, and i prefer creams over soaps...

Mr.Benn
07-23-2007, 07:38 PM

It looks like it was being offered by JoAnna (a.k.a. Queen of Blades), one of the moderators at TSD (http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2008).

And I agree, it does seem rather tactless.

hyperwarp
07-23-2007, 08:28 PM
I believe around $15 including shipping. Definitely worth more to me than the $35 price tag from the ebay sale. No way you could pry it from my hands. A lot of effort went into the group buy. The soap is fantastic, hopefully it ends up being a regular for Charles. :thumbup:
Am gonna keep an eye out @ QED site for future Rose soaps. Am quite fond of Rose products & if Charles brings it back, I'm in on it this time: 2 cakes - 1 to use & enjoy & 1 put away as an Investment !!!

hyperwarp
07-23-2007, 08:29 PM
It looks like it was being offered by JoAnna (a.k.a. Queen of Blades), one of the moderators at TSD (http://www.theshaveden.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2008).

And I agree, it does seem rather tactless.

I have to disagree. When somebody buys a Soap or whatnot, it's PRIVATE PROPERTY & they can dang well do what they please with it. It's their's. If somebody goes
thru alot of work, regardless, they don't control nuttin' after it's sold unless it was sold under Contract specifying limits to the owner's rights...Geez, guys we're talking
a cake of soap here...A cake that will doubtlessly be enjoyed by a new owner.

I believe that someone "donated" the product so it could be auctioned off & the proceeds help finance that particular Forum. Which like B&B is a fine place, indeed.

JMHO

TimmyBoston
07-23-2007, 09:30 PM
I have word that the soap auctioned was to raise money and not profit one individual, this is noble in itself, but I still believe it should have stayed as an auction on the forum and not on Ebay. But like I've stated I put in a lot of time for no money to do this for the members to provide them a product at cost, it shouldn't be used to make money, but since it is over and done, I am glad the money is being donated rather than a person just doing it to make a profit, but I still don't think any limited group buy items should be treated in this manner. If a forum wants to do an auction to raise money, thats great, but keep in house, don't exploit someone else's work.

Mr.Benn
07-23-2007, 09:33 PM
I have to disagree. When somebody buys a Soap or whatnot, it's PRIVATE PROPERTY & they can dang well do what they please with it. It's their's. If somebody goes
thru alot of work, regardless, they don't control nuttin' after it's sold unless it was sold under Contract specifying limits to the owner's rights...Geez, guys we're talking

I believe that someone "donated" the product so it could be auctioned off & the proceeds help finance that particular Forum. Which like B&B is a fine place, indeed.

JMHO

I don't believe anyone is suggesting that they don't have the right to resell it. But auctioning it off to raise funds for another forum, with very little credit given to its origins, still strikes me as being somewhat tactless. JMHO, natch.

TimmyBoston
07-23-2007, 09:34 PM

JMHO

Gary, you're new and may not know this: This group buy was a PRIVATE endeavor available only to B&B members, I set it up, negoiated with Charles and did all the packing and shipping myself. These items were only available to B&B forum members, it doesn't belong on Ebay. Despite the noble intentions of the seller it didn't belong where it was. These soaps belong in house, not to be exploited on the open market. I didn't spend a week packing up a hundred soaps for no money to ship people items at cost to see someone making profits on Ebay.

TimmyBoston
07-23-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't believe anyone is suggesting that they don't have the right to resell it. But auctioning it off to raise funds for another forum, with very little credit given to its origins, still strikes me as being somewhat tactless. JMHO, natch.

Thank you, Al, well said.

I hope we can put an end to this discussion soon. What is done is done, at least we found out the truth.

Queen of Blades
07-23-2007, 11:01 PM

Gary, you're new and may not know this: This group buy was a PRIVATE endeavor available only to B&B members, I set it up, negoiated with Charles and did all the packing and shipping myself. These items were only available to B&B forum members, it doesn't belong on Ebay. Despite the noble intentions of the seller it didn't belong where it was. These soaps belong in house, not to be exploited on the open market. I didn't spend a week packing up a hundred soaps for no money to ship people items at cost to see someone making profits on Ebay.

Ok, I'm here. If anyone has any questions you are more than welcome to pm me at http://www.theshaveden.com/index.php (mods I hope the link is alright with you, as it has already been posted in this thread. If not please remove it from this post)anytime. Just as would have been nice for Timmy to do if he felt I was in the wrong. The same for Mr. Benn too. As you are both members of The Shave Den.

Now to the question at hand. Will (Doc Mottern) is a member of B&B, and bought the soap in question through the group buy. I am a member of B&B, and bought the soap from Will.

Who do you suppose would be interested in this soap, even on Ebay, if they weren't a member of one or both forums? :confused: And the soap was won by a very happy member of both forums, in fact.

Now as for raising funds for another forum or profiting from the auction. Any idea what I paid for the soap? $15. Any idea how much it costs to send said soap to Sweden? $20. Then take into account Paypal and Ebay fees. Gee where's the profit? :confused:

Now for the actual point of The Shave Den's Ebay auctions.

Advertising.

Any further questions, folks?

Have a lovely day everyone. :smile:

Queen of Blades
07-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Interesting how I can state my grievances (to the source, btw) without name calling.

TimmyBoston
07-23-2007, 11:35 PM
Interesting how I can state my grievances (to the source, btw) without name calling.

It's also interesting how your advertising is done by sale of a B&B group buy item.

Nick
07-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Alright ladies and gentlemen, I believe everyone has stated their point, and this clearly is no longer a WTB thread.

Momo: If you are still looking for a puck of this wonderful stuff, please start another thread. It won't devolve, I promise.

Everyone else, if there are still grievances to air, please take them to PM.

Thanks,

-Nick