PDA

View Full Version : ROSE Shaving Cream THROWDOWN

hyperwarp
06-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Vote for your favorite ROSE Shaving Cream. ROSE is a traditional favorite of Gentlemenly Wet-Shavers world wide & going back a couple of centuries.

Arguments have undoubtedly raged over who's produces the creme-de-la-creme of Rose Cream. Let's THROWDOWN & Settle IT Right NOW, Right HERE, The American Way (VOTING ON IT !!!!)....

You can even post a commentary after you're vote to further sing the praises of your favorite & lambast the other entrants...

Ladies & Gentlemen, The Order of Battle is ....

Xert
06-28-2007, 07:25 PM
T&H is not discontinued, it's merely no longer carried by the North American distributor.

My vote is for the old Taylor's Rose.

hyperwarp
06-28-2007, 07:25 PM
LOL - as a newbie I'm doing this to help me decide on a Rose Cream to buy.
Sorry if I forgot any Rose Creamer's inadvertently...

Let's see, classic Lavender is next on my to-buy list afer Rose...So expect a Poll soon....

hyperwarp
06-28-2007, 07:26 PM
T&H is not discontinued, it's merely no longer carried by the North American distributor.

Thanks EXERT, will see if I can edit the POLL items & correct the entry for T&H

Xert
06-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Skip a poll for Lavender and just buy DR Harris (although AOS and the reformulated Taylor's are quite good as well).

elveeskee
06-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Although I wasn't too fond of the scent from a tube of ToBS I had, I loved the way it performed.

Straight Arrow
06-28-2007, 08:25 PM
I like the QED Wild Rose. Nice scent, not overwhelming. Excellent lather.

boboakalfb
06-28-2007, 10:17 PM

Bingo...on both accounts.

boboakalfb
06-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Skip a poll for Lavender and just buy DR Harris (although AOS and the reformulated Taylor's are quite good as well).

More good advice...

Tinzien
06-29-2007, 05:28 AM
Rose cream: SCS Savory Rose
Rose soap: QED Wild Rose

hyperwarp
06-29-2007, 05:34 AM
Is the QED Wild Rose a Cream or a SOAP??? I tryed to be "inclusive" even as far as GOOGLING so I would leave anybody of note out....

To me QED is definitely of NOTE. I am a good customer of QED & have big time respect for Charles....I checked his "hidden, secret" page to check if he had a Rose Cream but all I saw was SOAP....

Apologies to QED if they have a ROSE Cream & I missed it....

JBHoren
06-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Rose cream: SCS Savory Rose
Rose soap: QED Wild Rose

+1 (and after, the SCS Savory Rose EDT)

Thomas
06-29-2007, 10:50 AM

+1 on AOS lavender. I've been opening the tub just to sniff it. I may bring a tub to the office for that very purpose, although that might lead to folks questioning my sanity more than usual.

Oh, Trumper's Rose for me.

boboakalfb
06-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Is the QED Wild Rose a Cream or a SOAP??? I tryed to be "inclusive" even as far as GOOGLING so I would leave anybody of note out....

To me QED is definitely of NOTE. I am a good customer of QED & have big time respect for Charles....I checked his "hidden, secret" page to check if he had a Rose Cream but all I saw was SOAP....

Apologies to QED if they have a ROSE Cream & I missed it....

QED Wild Rose was a special run Charles did for us. We hope that it eventually makes it to his regular offerings. :thumbup1:

Aztecface
06-29-2007, 12:42 PM
I love Taylor's Rose and i recently shaved with Trumper's Rose as well but in some way the scent was a bit more perfumed to me, so I'm sticking to Taylor's Rose.

TimmyBoston
06-29-2007, 01:09 PM
I would have said the Old Taylors but since we can't get it any longer, my vote is for Salter.

Scorpio
06-29-2007, 02:43 PM
I have used Trumper's, TOBS, T&H, AOS and Coates. I like them all but Coates is above them all.

Raf

jlander
07-04-2007, 08:13 AM

Castle Forbes!! :001_wub::001_wub:

Xert
07-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Castle Forbes!! :001_wub::001_wub:

To be fair, I have yet to try the infamous cream and actually forgot about it altogether. Although if you'd care to send your pot to me...

galpman
07-04-2007, 08:09 PM

+1..Thee Best.....:jump: