PDA

View Full Version : The horror...

Shavely Manden
01-25-2011, 11:20 AM
I've been looking a bit more at the ingredients of my toiletries lately, so I decided to look at my old can of Barbasol to compare. I noticed a warning on the label..."do not heat for warm lather or any other purpose". Then I saw why...the ingredients contained both isobutane and propane.

I knew it wasn't happy stuff in there, but I was spreading propane and butane on my face for that long?:scared:

Prince
01-25-2011, 11:22 AM
What you don't know won't hurt you, right? :lol:

Seriously, that is a little scarey. :blink:

bbarton713
01-25-2011, 11:24 AM
I've been looking a bit more at the ingredients of my toiletries lately, so I decided to look at my old can of Barbasol to compare. I noticed a warning on the label..."do not heat for warm lather or any other purpose". Then I saw why...the ingredients contained both isobutane and propane.

I knew it wasn't happy stuff in there, but I was spreading propane and butane on my face for that long?:scared:

I have to say that is explosive news! :lol: :001_rolle :lol: :001_rolle

SiBurning
01-25-2011, 11:25 AM
It could be worse. You could be eating it.
Opinion on propane, butane and iso-butane as propellant gases for vegetable oil-based aerosol cooking sprays and water-based emulsion cooking sprays (http://ec.europa.eu/food/fs/sc/scf/out26_en.pdf)

bogey97
01-25-2011, 11:58 AM
They mean not to heat the can.. I don't think there's any problem with heating the cream itself. The propane and butane are used as propellants.

I suppose some residual propane or butane might end up in the cream. Probably not a big deal, but yet one more reason to avoid the goo.