PDA

View Full Version : Bath and Body Works (newer) Men's Line!

michiganlover
12-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Bath and Body Works in addition to having C.O. Bigelow Shaving Cream has recently released 4 new signature scents for men. The scents have a body wash, body spray, and cologne.

The cologne is 3.4oz for $29.50 but Bath and Body Works frequently has sales (currently Buy 3 get 2 free, or Buy 2 get 1 free).

The scents are as follows:

Ocean:

* Top fragrance notes: Bergamot, Armoise, Yuzu Zest, Elemi, Watermelon
* Mid fragrance notes: Lavendin, Cypress, Nutmeg
* Base fragrance notes : Orris, Olibanum, Patchouli, Cedarwood, Vettiver

Noir :

* Top fragrance notes: Crisp Bergamot, Clary Sage, Rosemary, Coriander
* Mid fragrance notes: Fresh Lavender, Cardamom, Orange Flower
* Base fragrance notes: White Vanilla, Amber Wood, Vetiver, White Musk

Oak:

* Top fragrance notes: Bergamot, Lemon, Crisp Aldehydes, Juniper, Clary Sage
* Mid fragrance notes: Nutmeg, Clove, Pimento, Geranium, Orange Flower, Lavender
* Base fragrance notes: Patchouli, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Coffee, Musk

Citron:

* Top fragrance notes: Crisp Bergamot, Pink Grapefruit, Fresh Sage, Lemon Zest
* Mid fragrance notes: Lavender, Coriander, Hedione, Waterlily
* Base fragrance notes: Brisk Woods, Oud-wood, Tonka Bean, Sandalwood, Cool Musk

I sprayed a sample of the Citron, and the Oak on each wrist. The Cintron's top note of Pink Grapefruit is quite strong. A pleasant scent.

The Oak, however, was heavenly. :thumbup1:

Since I had picked up six items for gifts, I was entitled to four free ones. So I got Oak, and Cintron body washes.

They gave me a coupon for $10 off of $30 so I will likely go back to buy a bottle of the Oak cologne.

So anyone else have any experience with these yet?

Considering the big size bottle, these seem to be a pretty good value.

flycbyrd
12-03-2010, 10:30 PM
I have the oak body wash for about 6 months now and the smell never gets old used it today:thumbup:
The body wash smell fades out some but it is still present the cologne is suppose to keep its smell though. buy it you will be happy with your purchase.

OldAF
12-04-2010, 06:54 AM
I bought all of the cologne scents a couple weeks ago when they had a buy 3 get 3 sale. I think they're overpriced at $30, lots of good scents can be had at that price, but at $15 for 100ml (3.4 oz) I consider them a great deal. I especially like the Oak and Noir. :thumbup1:
I have no doubt more jaded noses would not give these a second glance but they work fine in my humble rotation... which, now that I consider it, is getting freakishly large. You guys are a bad influence! :lol:

michiganlover
12-14-2010, 04:24 AM
You guys are a bad influence! :lol:

Happy to be at your service sir! :laugh::w00t::laugh:

I have been using the Oak, and Citron body washes for the last two weeks. It truly is amazing stuff. A small dab will lather like mad!!

The smell of the Oak, as I said is heavenly.

I am undecided about the Citron. Still not sure if I am in love with a scent who's predominate top note is that of grapefruit. :lol::lol:

michiganlover
12-14-2010, 04:29 AM
Actually, there is a fifth fragrance in the Bath and Body Works Signature Men's Line now:

Twilight Woods for Men:

* Twilight Woods is an unforgettable, masculine blend of cedar, white pepper and musk.
* Key fragrance notes: Dark Woods, Vetiver and Spice.

The Signature line is now Buy 3, Get 3 free. So if you have the $10 off coupon from a previous purchase you can get 6 body washes for $21.50, or $3.58 each.

c0ry
12-14-2010, 04:48 AM
How is the staying power on these colognes? I sniffed them in the store and liked Noir the most, but I backed down assuming that the scent wouldn't last more than a couple of hours, as is the case with many less expensive colognes.

michiganlover
12-14-2010, 05:04 AM
How is the staying power on these colognes? I sniffed them in the store and liked Noir the most, but I backed down assuming that the scent wouldn't last more than a couple of hours, as is the case with many less expensive colognes.

The samples I spritzed on my wrists seemed to last for 4-6 hours. YMMV. :lol::lol:

flycbyrd
12-14-2010, 01:10 PM
My store started carrying twilight woods for men and women I like this scent alot also.

Deltaboy
12-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Thanks for this report. I get E-mail coupons from them and will have to make a stop during my Christmas shopping.

ovrmnjake
12-14-2010, 01:21 PM
I sampled the Citron and Noir in the store and settled for the Noir. I'm very happy with it. After I got home, I re-sniffed where I had sprayed the Citron and while I really didn't like it when I first sprayed it, I wish I had bought it. I loved the scent after about 45 minutes.

Snargle
12-14-2010, 01:24 PM
Got the Oak Body Wash and Cologne, and also the Twilight Woods Body Wash, in addition to some C.O. Bigelow stuff. (I stacked a couple of coupons along with their 3 for 3 sale, and walked out with $120+ worth of product for approx. $55). The Oak is great...very masculine woody scent, but very pleasant and sweet.

mmack66
12-14-2010, 01:25 PM
They make body spray for dudes?

michiganlover
12-14-2010, 03:57 PM
They make body spray for dudes?

Yes. Bath and Body Works has a Body Spray/ Deodorizing Spray (it comes in an aerosol can) in all five of the scents mentioned above.

Old Spice, and Axe also make a quite large line of Body Sprays/ Deodorizing Spray.

MilfordNJGuy
12-18-2010, 02:19 PM
As I have mentioned before, I enjoy crossing "gender" lines and buy according to my tastes. I just picked up some more Jasmine Vanilla body wash/bubble bath which I use in the bath every day. I really enjoy it. So far, I haven't liked any of the Men's fragrances from Bath and Body Works, but I'm open to trying one some time. :laugh:

The Lavender Chamomile is great too!

Regards,
David