PDA

View Full Version : Queen Charlotte Soaps - updates and new products

mretzloff
09-14-2010, 04:22 AM
We are proud to announce some updates to and new products at Queen Charlotte Soaps (http://www.queencharlottesoaps.com).

We are now offering two new scents: Briar and Celestial Woods. Briar is an aromatic tobacco scent and Celestial Woods is a blend of several woody scents.

Interested in being the first to be notified about new products, exclusive and upcoming sales, and general information about Queen Charlotte Soaps? Fan us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Matthews-NC/Queen-Charlotte-Soaps/131927103515773?ref=ts) and follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/qcsllc)! It is free of charge and guarantees that you are up to date. Facebook fans and Twitter followers always receive updates first.

As always, we would love to hear your feedback and thoughts. If you have purchased something from us, please take a minute and review it in the review section.

mretzloff
09-24-2010, 06:08 AM
We now have a blog. You can view it here (http://queencharlottesoaps.blogspot.com/). We plan on providing updates and exclusive sales on it, as well as informational articles and pictures of our stuff. If you do not have a Facebook or Twitter account, this is a great way to get updates and exclusive sale information.

gaj90027
09-24-2010, 11:17 AM
We now have a blog. You can view it here (http://queencharlottesoaps.blogspot.com/). We plan on providing updates and exclusive sales on it, as well as informational articles and pictures of our stuff. If you do not have a Facebook or Twitter account, this is a great way to get updates and exclusive sale information.

Thanks for doing this, I signed up for email updates from the blog :thumbup1:

I refuse to get caught up in anything Facebook or Twitter related.

RichGem
09-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Ugh. You're making it harder and harder, Matthew. :glare:

When I get the cash, I'll have to try the sample pack at the least. (Unless I can convince you to do hard shave soaps?)

Will the new scents also have matching bath soaps?

mretzloff
09-24-2010, 11:26 AM
I refuse to get caught up in anything Facebook or Twitter related.

:biggrin:

I will also create a newsletter, exactly for this reason. There will be a link for this on my website.

Just as a little FYI, if you want to follow someone on Twitter, but do not want to create an account, Twitter allows you to follow that Twitter account via RSS feed. There is always a link on Twitter's right-hand side. Here is a link to mine (http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/171021446.rss).

EDIT:

Ugh. You're making it harder and harder, Matthew. :glare:

When I get the cash, I'll have to try the sample pack at the least. (Unless I can convince you to do hard shave soaps?)

Will the new scents also have matching bath soaps?

Currently, all, except Briar, Celestial Woods, and key lime, have matching bath & body soaps. I believe I do have some Briar and Celestial Woods bath and body soaps, but I will have to check. If you are interested, shoot me a PM. The key lime will never come out in a bath & body soap because it would never survive the soap making process (sodium hydroxide kills it). The only way to make it come through, would be using an extreme amount, but that would make the soap too expensive to sell.

We are working on a hard tallow and lanolin soap. The last batch was a failure, but the current one looks promising. We will keep experimenting until we find one that works, at which point we will send out free samples to be tested.

Zachurek
09-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks for posting the RSS Link.

I am not a Luddite, but I dislike Facebook and Twitter. :angry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite If you do not know what a Luddite is.:001_smile

Steve

MichaeltheRomanHistorian
09-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Matthew,

I received my 3 sample order a few days ago (key lime, rose, and lavender). The scents are amazing and I definitely know which three I'll order when my samples run out! The lime is simply fantastic!

Cheers,

Michael

Joe Edson
09-25-2010, 11:41 PM
Matthew,

Ordered a lavender soap/cream and received it this week. I was initially very hesitate to order artisan soaps as I've not had great luck in the past. After all the rave reviews I couldn't resist and had to try some out.

I can certainly say you hit a home run for performance. My first use I used a normal amount of cream that I would use with most other products and it ended up being far too much. A little goes a long way and I was very impressed with the thickness of the lather.

I know that you use lavender EO and if my nose is correct it smells like french lavender. The only negative thing I can say about the soap is that I personally think there is to much EO in there. I didn't have an allergic reaction or anything, I just think that if it was toned down a bit on the EO it would suit me better. Of course this is a YMMV issue as I'm sure many people want a strong smelling product.

All in all you did a great job. Can you tell me which of your other products use pure EO? I was hesitant about the rose as pure rose EO is super expensive and I'm assuming you use germanium rose EO?

Looking forward to seeing what you come out with in the future and definitely interested to see you put lanolin in as well.

mretzloff
09-26-2010, 06:33 AM
To those who have given feedback and good wishes: thank you!

Thanks for posting the RSS Link.

I am not a Luddite, but I dislike Facebook and Twitter. :angry:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite If you do not know what a Luddite is.:001_smile

Steve

I understand :smile:

Matthew,

Ordered a lavender soap/cream and received it this week. I was initially very hesitate to order artisan soaps as I've not had great luck in the past. After all the rave reviews I couldn't resist and had to try some out.

I can certainly say you hit a home run for performance. My first use I used a normal amount of cream that I would use with most other products and it ended up being far too much. A little goes a long way and I was very impressed with the thickness of the lather.

I know that you use lavender EO and if my nose is correct it smells like french lavender. The only negative thing I can say about the soap is that I personally think there is to much EO in there. I didn't have an allergic reaction or anything, I just think that if it was toned down a bit on the EO it would suit me better. Of course this is a YMMV issue as I'm sure many people want a strong smelling product.

All in all you did a great job. Can you tell me which of your other products use pure EO? I was hesitant about the rose as pure rose EO is super expensive and I'm assuming you use germanium rose EO?

Looking forward to seeing what you come out with in the future and definitely interested to see you put lanolin in as well.

Hello Joe. I am happy you like the lavender shaving cream soap.

Cedarwood-lemongrass, key lime, and lavender are scented with only essential oils. Celestial Woods contains both essential and fragrance oils. The rest contain only fragrance oils. For your convenience, I listed this in the description of each product (bath & body soaps included).

For the rose we are using a fragrance oil. Rose geranium smells a bit different than rose, so we figured the fragrance oil would be the better option.

The thing with fragrance oils is that they are just easier to work with and are at a price point which allows us to sell our shaving cream soap for $7.50. I do understand some customers prefer products scented with only essential oils, which is why we will be releasing some in the future (one is scheduled for early December :wink:).

cudaowner
09-26-2010, 08:05 AM
Well, sounds like great soap. I ordered the shaving sampler, and a bar of soap.
I am currently deployed to Afghanistan, and wasn't able to select an APO option from any of the dropdowns. I entered the desired address in the comments box. If it cannot be done, its still good. Will give me something else to look forward to, when I get home.

mretzloff
09-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Well, sounds like great soap. I ordered the shaving sampler, and a bar of soap.
I am currently deployed to Afghanistan, and wasn't able to select an APO option from any of the dropdowns. I entered the desired address in the comments box. If it cannot be done, its still good. Will give me something else to look forward to, when I get home.

I just sent you a PM.

I would be more than happy to send this to your APO address. Unfortunately, I do not believe my shipping module allows this. I will have to work with APO address on an individual basis. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ackvil
09-27-2010, 10:31 AM
Matthew:

Is a menthol soap in the works? :mellow:

mretzloff
09-28-2010, 02:59 AM
Matthew:

Is a menthol soap in the works? :mellow:

Yes. Please check back in December :wink:

mretzloff
10-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Many customers have asked us to produce an unscented shaving cream soap. At Queen Charlotte Soaps we aim to please, so we listened. The next twenty customers who place an order have the option of receiving a free sample of our new unscented vegan shaving cream soap. All that we ask is that you provide us with your feedback via e-mail. The unscented shaving cream soap contains no added fragrances and contains no products derived from animals.

If you would like a free sample, please take a look at our blog (http://queencharlottesoaps.blogspot.com/)

Zachurek
10-10-2010, 02:14 AM
I got my samples, Lavender, Rose, Cedarwood-Lemongrass, Key Lime and Celestial Wood.

I was surprised which ones turned out to be my favorites. I tend to like woody scents but the winners for me are:
Key Lime - The downside is it makes me hungry :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Lavender - I love Lavender but I did not expect to like it on me. Smells incredible.:thumbup:
Rose - I never thought I would use a product that smelled like roses. I think it was my upbringing, flowery scents are for girls. But this one knocked my socks off. The scent is so fresh and clean and smells like a fresh cut rose. Now I want to try a Rose ASB and EDT.:blink: :surrender:
The service is great and best of all, AND the reason for shaving soap in the first place, it creates great lather that lubricates and protects while smelling great. :jump:
Unfortunately the SWMBO has put a stop on more purchase until I use up some of products I already have. I may have to go to shaving 5 times a day. . . . .:tongue_sm

Steve

Hex
10-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Unfortunately the SWMBO has put a stop on more purchase until I use up some of products I already have. I may have to go to shaving 5 times a day. . . . .:tongue_sm

Steve

Been there, done that, got a T-shirt:thumbup:

mretzloff
10-13-2010, 01:45 PM
Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words.

Joe Edson
10-13-2010, 02:02 PM
Any updates on how your testing is going on a lanolin and Tallow cream?

Love my lavender so far and can definitely hold off for awhile, but when you get the lanolin/tallow right I'll be ordering.

mretzloff
10-13-2010, 02:09 PM

Love my lavender so far and can definitely hold off for awhile, but when you get the lanolin/tallow right I'll be ordering.

I believe I said that I was working on a tallow/lanolin soap. It still needs some more testing.

As for a tallow and lanolin cream, I could surely look into that.

Judge Kemp
10-13-2010, 04:53 PM
I got my samples, Lavender, Rose, Cedarwood-Lemongrass, Key Lime and Celestial Wood.

I was surprised which ones turned out to be my favorites. I tend to like woody scents but the winners for me are:
Key Lime - The downside is it makes me hungry :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Lavender - I love Lavender but I did not expect to like it on me. Smells incredible.:thumbup:
Rose - I never thought I would use a product that smelled like roses. I think it was my upbringing, flowery scents are for girls. But this one knocked my socks off. The scent is so fresh and clean and smells like a fresh cut rose. Now I want to try a Rose ASB and EDT.:blink: :surrender:
The service is great and best of all, AND the reason for shaving soap in the first place, it creates great lather that lubricates and protects while smelling great. :jump:

Steve

So, have you tried that Cedarwood Lemongrass yet?

The best praise I can give it is that I don't think I should like the smell of it, but I love the smell of it. :tongue_sm It is a tough one to corner and I keep telling myself the scent isn't for me, but I keep going back to it. It is an eyeopener of a scent!:w00t:

rsaltonstall
10-18-2010, 01:29 PM
I just got my tub of Celestial Woods in the mail this morning, and I love the scent. I was expecting a simple pine fragrance like a Christmas tree, but this is fantastic. It smells like a real forest! I can't stop taking whiffs from the tub. Imagine rolling on the ground in a forest and deeply inhaling through your nose; this is how Celestial Woods smells like. It also reminds me of vetiver. The scent is just as complex as a forest is complex with all the various species of trees and foliage blending together. :thumbup:

I'm going to get another tub of QC cream in the future. Any suggestions out there? I was thinking of lavendar.

Zachurek
10-18-2010, 09:08 PM
1. Key Lime :w00t::thumbup:
2. Lavender :thumbup::thumbup:

Steve

I just got my tub of Celestial Woods in the mail this morning, and I love the scent. I was expecting a simple pine fragrance like a Christmas tree, but this is fantastic. It smells like a real forest! I can't stop taking whiffs from the tub. Imagine rolling on the ground in a forest and deeply inhaling through your nose; this is how Celestial Woods smells like. It also reminds me of vetiver. The scent is just as complex as a forest is complex with all the various species of trees and foliage blending together. :thumbup:

I'm going to get another tub of QC cream in the future. Any suggestions out there? I was thinking of lavendar.

Hex
10-19-2010, 04:20 AM

+1 on the lime, it's my favorite.

My word, what a terrific endorsement.

Groan, I have been stretching the ole PayPal pretty strenuously this month with brushes, so get thee behind me satan.

Next month.

rsaltonstall
10-19-2010, 10:26 AM
I need to cut back on spending myself. I have been on B&B since May, and never checked out the BST until about three weeks ago. Since then I have been purchasing stuff left and right. Equipment and products pop up which I would have never thought of buying, I see it there along with the price, and the next thing I know I'm waiting for the postman.:lol:

The Celestial Woods is really great. SWMBO took a sniff of it last night and just could not believe it. She, however, said that she didn't get the vetiver scent, but loved it anyway. She says it's the best scented soap/cream I have.

mretzloff
10-19-2010, 10:39 AM
The Celestial Woods is really great. SWMBO took a sniff of it last night and just could not believe it. She, however, said that she didn't get the vetiver scent, but loved it anyway. She says it's the best scented soap/cream I have.

Sounds like you have a new convert on your hands :thumbup1:

mrmoonbeam
10-19-2010, 11:26 AM
After getting 3 samples in the mail and trying all three, I am having problems getting a good thick lather buildup.
That isn't too say I'm not getting anything, but rather when I use too much product with too little water, I get a nice cream, but no thick billowy foam I've grown accustomed to with other soaps. It ends up barely enough for one and a hald passes.
If I then add water I get a bit more volume, but when I apply it, the lather is thin and watery.
It is like it isn't retaining well or something.
FYI I bowl lather.

I was very turned off by the Cedar Lemongrass when I smelled it out of the can, but after 2 tries I have to sya it is my favorite.
The Briar is a bit too strong on the cherry scent for my tastes (like cherry tobacco pipe smoke to me). I also get an odd tingling, borderline razor burn, I think due to the amount of EO.
Celestial woods is very nice also, but not as nice as the Cedar Lemongrass I think.

In any case, I agree it is a good product, but I think it could use a bit more work.

As a background, I've been shaving with a number of creams and soaps right from the start, so I am comparing the use and quality to items such as the Body Shop Maca Root, Crabtree & Evelyn, Tabac, AOS, and Trumpers.

weenerdog3443
10-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Semi noob here. Going to be ordering a sample pack this week. Can't wait to give them all a try.

chris456
10-19-2010, 12:07 PM
As much as it pains me to order from a Yankees fan, I just ordered a sample pack of Sandalwood, Rose and Key Lime. :)

rsaltonstall
10-19-2010, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=mrmoonbeam;2495916]After getting 3 samples in the mail and trying all three, I am having problems getting a good thick lather buildup.
That isn't too say I'm not getting anything, but rather when I use too much product with too little water, I get a nice cream, but no thick billowy foam I've grown accustomed to with other soaps. It ends up barely enough for one and a hald passes.
If I then add water I get a bit more volume, but when I apply it, the lather is thin and watery.
It is like it isn't retaining well or something.
FYI I bowl lather.

[QUOTE]

I have only been using it for two days. Yesterday, I got a good lather, not perfect but good to do the job. Today, however, I got great lather with yogurt like consistency. This is what I did differently both days:

Day 1: Put a moist brush in the pot, took some product out, and proceeded to face lather. The brush was too moist, so the lather was not perfect.
Day 2: Since its consistency is closer to very thick cream rather than soap, I decided to bowl lather. When I was bowl lathering, I just could not get it to the consistency I wanted. Inside the bowl looked like thick cream, but not shaving cream, cream as in the dairy product poured over stawberries. I finally gave up and swirled the brush on my face, the cream got thicker, swirled more, cream began to be yogurt like, then started to paint it on and had way more than I needed.

I think it is just a matter of getting the right amount of water, and, perhaps, face lathering is the way to go with this. Use the bowl to load up the brush, but do the lathering work on your face. Do the rest of you have similar experiences?

Shavely Manden
10-19-2010, 02:08 PM
After getting 3 samples in the mail and trying all three, I am having problems getting a good thick lather buildup.

If you're not already, I'd try loading the brush straight on the cream, like a soap--don't scoop it into the bowl. It's like Castle Forbes in that regard.

I'm not sure if "billowy foam" is a phrase I'd apply to good lathers -- when I get a billowy foam, I know I've added too much water. I tend to go for a thick, yogurty cream, which is what QCS excels at. Try loading your brush longer & using more cream to your water, still going for that thick cream you're seeing. If it's really too dry (you're just pushing around soap rather than generating lather), add a few drops (*drops* now -- don't get carried away) of water and keep lathering.

ED: I bowl lather with everything, BTW. Not out of necessity, just because I like it.

mretzloff
10-20-2010, 02:34 AM
I get a nice cream, but no thick billowy foam I've grown accustomed to with other soaps.

In any case, I agree it is a good product, but I think it could use a bit more work.

I suspect you are not using enough product.

You do not want to get a foam. You want a rich, think cream, kind of like whipped egg whites, except much thicker.

What does the cream need work on? If you give me some suggestions, I will definitely listen.

Try loading the cream as you would a soap. If you are scooping the cream out with your finger or something else, you will have to use more product.

Do the rest of you have similar experiences?

I bowl lather and get great results. Try loading the cream on your brush like a soap or using more product. I have found that if I scoop the cream out with my finger, I have to use more than I would if I had loaded my brush.

Hex
10-20-2010, 04:46 AM
I bowl lather exclusively and load the brush directly from the container.

I always get tons of delicious lather. It will peak like Reddi-Whip but not quite as thick.

rsaltonstall
10-20-2010, 12:19 PM
I bowl lather and get great results. Try loading the cream on your brush like a soap or using more product. I have found that if I scoop the cream out with my finger, I have to use more than I would if I had loaded my brush.

That's the ticket! I loaded the brush just like soap, then bowl lathered; it worked perfectly. :thumbup1:

azmark
10-20-2010, 12:23 PM

Whoa back up a bit. Lanolin!:001_wub:

mrmoonbeam
10-20-2010, 12:29 PM
That's the ticket! I loaded the brush just like soap, then bowl lathered; it worked perfectly. :thumbup1:

Sounds liike as the old adage goes - add more product!!
I don't normally load creams from the container, but do so for soaps.
In this case I scooped a portion out with an ice cream sampler spoon as I usually do with others, an almond sized dollop.

I'll try more and see if it makes it more to what I'd like to see.
Perhaps billowy wasn't the right word I was looking to achieve, maybe more like reddi whip from a container.

I'll give it a whirl, though it looks like I might be going through the stuff quickly if that is the case.
Thanks fellas!!

MRast01
10-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Matt,
Just wanted to say your products continue to impress. Ordered the Cedarwood-Lemongrass when your first opened and it quickly became a favorite in my rotation. Recently ordered a sampler of everything else minus the sandalwood (only b/c I already have a sandalwood cream, and just wanted to try everything else a little more). Love the scent on the Briar, Key Lime, and Lavender. Tried the Celestial Wood today: WOW! Awesome scent, kept calling SWMBOto take a sniff. She really enjoyed it as well.
Keep up the great work!

mretzloff
10-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Matt,
Just wanted to say your products continue to impress. Ordered the Cedarwood-Lemongrass when your first opened and it quickly became a favorite in my rotation. Recently ordered a sampler of everything else minus the sandalwood (only b/c I already have a sandalwood cream, and just wanted to try everything else a little more). Love the scent on the Briar, Key Lime, and Lavender. Tried the Celestial Wood today: WOW! Awesome scent, kept calling SWMBOto take a sniff. She really enjoyed it as well.
Keep up the great work!

Thank you, Mike. If SWMBO likes it, all is well. If you have a second, you could always do a review of the creams in the reviews section. That way others can get some feedback.

RichGem
11-15-2010, 12:31 PM
My Vets Day order just arrived today.... everything came very well packaged (little plastic tubs, safety sealed with electrical tape) and everything smells wonderful.

For those wondering about the consistency, I'd compare it as similar to Valobra... not as firm or as dry as Val., but still "putty-like" (at least after being out in my cold mailbox) rather than creamy/liquidy.

NBT
11-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Ordered the Briar, and the Sandalwood...perfect timing. Thanks for the heads up on the soaps:thumbup1:

BRuhling
11-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Got my Veteran's Day order today. Can't wait to give the Vostok and Celestial Woods a try. They both have an excellent scent. QCS provided great prompt service, if the soap is anywhere as efficacious, I'll be a very happy shaver tomorrow!

weenerdog3443
11-15-2010, 11:56 PM
So hard to decide. I think I might order a sampler this week just dont know what ot go with. I'm thinking Briar, vostok, woods. Do you do shampoo bar soap? also any bay rum?

mrmoonbeam
11-16-2010, 07:20 AM
Just wanted to follow up here and say after settling on a scent I enjoy (Cedar Lemongrass), I plan on getting more than the sampler shortly.

Two scoops work very well, and especially take to warm lathering even better.
I had the pleasure of being in the Dirty Bird Scuttle PIF, while using the QC.
Needless to say I decided to share what remained of my Briar sample with the rest in queue for the scuttle, so that will spread the word on your quality.

It may have taken a bit more work for me to get a good feel for usage, but once I did I am very satisfied with the results.

Keep up the good work MRetzloff. I'll have to keep up on your blog in turn ;)

markb
11-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Just ordered a tub of the Celestial Woods. Had no idea these were tallow-based!! Can't wait to try it out! :001_smile

aamtz87
11-17-2010, 10:49 AM
im waiting for my order to come in today, and cant wait to shave in the morning:)

mretzloff
11-17-2010, 12:07 PM
So hard to decide. I think I might order a sampler this week just dont know what ot go with. I'm thinking Briar, vostok, woods. Do you do shampoo bar soap? also any bay rum?

Our bath & body soap also works as a shampoo bar. As with any shampoo bar, you may want to do a vinegar rinse after wards, though. If you have short hair, the vinegar rinse is not really necessary, but if you have long hair, it will certainly make a difference.

weenerdog3443
11-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Our bath & body soap also works as a shampoo bar. As with any shampoo bar, you may want to do a vinegar rinse after wards, though. If you have short hair, the vinegar rinse is not really necessary, but if you have long hair, it will certainly make a difference.

nope I have short hair. Whats the purpose of the vinegar rinse?

RichGem
11-17-2010, 02:30 PM
nope I have short hair. Whats the purpose of the vinegar rinse?

see the all knowing wiki: here (http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Shampoo_bar)

mretzloff
11-17-2010, 02:48 PM
see the all knowing wiki: here (http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Shampoo_bar)

:thumbup:

weenerdog3443
11-17-2010, 03:04 PM
Thank you

RichGem
11-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Thank you

You're welcome!

weenerdog3443
11-17-2010, 03:44 PM
You're welcome!

Dont think I'll need a vinager rinse tho. My water is a tad hard but Besides just washing my hair I dont use any other hair products. and It is fairly short.

RichGem
11-17-2010, 03:48 PM
Dont think I'll need a vinager rinse tho. My water is a tad hard but Besides just washing my hair I dont use any other hair products. and It is fairly short.

Sounds like me. Tho, I do use a conditioner bar from time to time.

mretzloff
11-18-2010, 07:44 AM

I only do an acid rinse because it helps with my dandruff problem. Just skip it if you want to. Chances are, you will not notice a difference.

Of course, YMMV :tongue_sm

weenerdog3443
11-18-2010, 02:56 PM
I only do an acid rinse because it helps with my dandruff problem. Just skip it if you want to. Chances are, you will not notice a difference.

Of course, YMMV :tongue_sm

Alright after paying bills for the week had some change left over so Just ordered a sample pack. First scent was Vostok, Really excited to give it a try. Second was Celestial Woods, The SWMBO saw the discription and said I had to get it. Third was Lavender. Never had nor smelled any lavender soap before besides a tub of lavender body lotion that she had a couple years ago. My main thought was to get the lavender and the wifey would like it and use it herself, and to make her happy by not just buying stuff for me. I have a Purple and cream century vintage handle on its way which I think she'll like to go with the Lavender.

Cant wait Mretzloff

mretzloff
11-18-2010, 03:03 PM
My main thought was to get the lavender and the wifey would like it and use it herself, and to make her happy by not just buying stuff for me.

You, sir, are a wise man :001_cool:

NBT
11-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Wow... unreal shipping time...got to the door in days from the order. :thumbup:
Thanks.
The Sandalwood is great...the Briar...is well.... "interesting" to say the least. Not bad...just different.
Not sure I am acustomed to the aroma yet...and have not lathered it up yet.
Getting ready for a night out with the Mrs's...so the Sandalwood and the Puma High Class get's the go. Off to see Gallagher
http://gallaghersmash.com/

markb
11-20-2010, 08:04 PM
Soap arrived today! Wow!! Great customer service! Can't wait to use it tomorrow!

weenerdog3443
11-23-2010, 12:17 AM
Got everything today. Very fast shipping. I just dont know which scent to use first they all smell so good

weenerdog3443
11-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Well had a shave with vostok and celestial woods today. First off Vostok. HOLY FROZEN OVER HELL. I could smell the menthol as I was whipping it up. It opened up my lungs my sinus' OMG I could breathe. I followed my normal procedure with my bowl in my sink filled with hot water so when I was appling the lather it was still warm, and I was thinking to myself "this isn't the coldness everyone was talking about" Then it hit me. It was like I was snowboarding again and just jumped off a 30 ft cliff landing in 8 feet of powder rushing your face. I LOVED IT!!! towards the end of the shave it was even so cold that I had some tiny tears popping out. I am defiantly going to have to order a full size when my sample runs out. Will be perfect for those hot summer days.

My second pass I whipped up some Celestial woods. Mmmmm... Nice warm rich earthy tones. Reminded me of when i was backpacking in the Adirondacks. This one is another keeper, and the SWMBO loves it on me.

Both lathered awsome, making some real thick, creamy, slick lather. No resistance at all while shaving. And left my face very soft and didnt even need any AS. Mretzloff you have yourself another lifelong customer.

mrmoonbeam
11-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Anything on the horizon for a Vetiver/Fern scent?

mretzloff
12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Anything on the horizon for a Vetiver/Fern scent?

Fern, not right now.

Vetiver, hmmm... :wink: