PDA

View Full Version : FS: Gillette Red Tip C2 (++) in Exc+ Condition

Goodknightbri
06-14-2010, 07:23 PM
SOLD $31 Shipped CONUS
Fantastic Red Tip Gillette for Aggressive Beards. This is the Rarer issue with the plus signs (pictured). Has very little plate or paint loss. This razor is in excellent condition for presentation or for use. Comes with a 5-pack of blades! First to PM wins! $31 shipped CONUS. International PM for details. Thanks!

gearchow
06-14-2010, 09:37 PM
arrrrgh, I got 7 redtips(!?) and not one has the +.

I w i l l r e s i s t

Please somebody, help.

-jim

DavyRay
06-14-2010, 09:39 PM
arrrrgh, I got 7 redtips(!?) and not one has the +.

I w i l l r e s i s t

Please somebody, help.

-jim

Of course, the ones with the "+" on them are the very best.
Sorry about your AD.

I have two. I will look to see if any have the '+' on them.

gearchow
06-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Of course, the ones with the "+" on them are the very best.
Sorry about your AD.

I have two. I will look to see if any have the '+' on them.

Only two? Well, don't know what to say. Only two...

the ones with the "+" on them are the very best.

the bestest!

:biggrin1:

-jim

nemo
06-14-2010, 10:17 PM
This is the Rarer issue with the plus signs (pictured).

Where does this info come from? Any documentation on the numbers produced with the plus signs would prove helpful otherwise this is just speculation and internet lore. Experts?

Many red tips have the + from my limited independent observations (sample size of around 20) so I'm curious. Sorry if this is not the correct forum to ask.

notthesharpest
06-14-2010, 10:47 PM
PM sent...

Goodknightbri
06-15-2010, 05:12 AM
PM sent...

Pending ($35 shipped International with sealed 5-pack of blades)

Goodknightbri
06-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Where does this info come from? Any documentation on the numbers produced with the plus signs would prove helpful otherwise this is just speculation and internet lore. Experts?

Many red tips have the + from my limited independent observations (sample size of around 20) so I'm curious. Sorry if this is not the correct forum to ask.

Hey Doug, I probably should've substantiated that claim before posting it as fact. I took the word of a fellow forum member who posted that information on the last red tip thread I was offering for sale. Then, other members also chimed in and backed it up. It tends to be something collectors look for apparently. I should go back and look at my old threads and find the name of the member. He could probably better explain it... I still stand by the accuracy of my description but you have a very good point. Regards, Brian

Merkur25
06-15-2010, 05:59 AM
Not every Red Tip was produced with the (+) signs. From what I understand Gillette started it so they wouldn't put the wrong heads on the wrong razors. Example: A Red Tip head on a Blue Tip handle. So it was for quality control purposes.

Are they Rarer?

I believe so. Not every Red Tip has the markings. So with that I dont see why it wouldnt make them rarer.

This is the "out of the ordinary" that collectors, like myself, look for and identify. It is something that makes a Red Tip special.

Goodknightbri
06-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Not every Red Tip was produced with the (+) signs. From what I understand Gillette started it so they wouldn't put the wrong heads on the wrong razors. Example: A Red Tip head on a Blue Tip handle. So it was for quality control purposes.

Are they Rarer?

I believe so. Not every Red Tip has the markings. So with that I dont see why it wouldnt make them rarer.

This is the "out of the ordinary" that collectors, like myself, look for and identify. It is something that makes a Red Tip special.

We appreciate the information! I hope this helps. It definitely makes sense.

Goodknightbri
06-15-2010, 02:53 PM
Bump! Sale to Canada fell through- this Red Tip is still available for $31 shipped CONUS. Please PM if interested.

Batman
06-15-2010, 04:30 PM
PM sent

Goodknightbri
06-15-2010, 07:13 PM
pm sent

pending

SOLD Thanks John and thanks B&B!

DavyRay
06-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Of my two red-tips, one has the '+', and the other does not. BTW, these razors trigger memories for me, as I think this is the razor I had when I started shaving (at 14).

Batman
06-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks Brian!

pending

Goodknightbri
06-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Of my two red-tips, one has the '+', and the other does not. BTW, these razors trigger memories for me, as I think this is the razor I had when I started shaving (at 14).

Really? That's awsome! I'm only 33 and didn't start shaving until I was 18 or so... I forget what I had but it was definitely plastic gillette and wasn't a DE.