PDA

View Full Version : Royalshave.com

ddaley212
03-13-2010, 08:50 PM
i was wondering if anyone on here shops at this site and if so, is it a good place to shop for shave gear

beginish
03-13-2010, 09:08 PM
They fulfilled a couple of orders I placed through Amazon, and I had no problems.

SRock
03-13-2010, 09:10 PM
they fulfilled a couple of orders i placed through amazon, and i had no problems.

+1

memoryleak
03-14-2010, 09:48 PM
You might need to keep a wary eye on their shipping charges, but they do stock some items I have not found elsewhere, ie, good barber towels.

yuppiejr
03-15-2010, 08:07 AM
I recently purchased some blades and a Merkur razor from Royalshave.com when everyone else was out of stock... which I ended up returning unopened (package arrived Friday, awaiting the results of the return process - will report back). Their pricing was better than WCS on the Derby, Lord and Sword blades and I though the packaging was a bit better... selection overall was smaller, I'd put shipping on-par with everybody else. They also sent over an 18% discount coupon after my first purchase which was a nice touch.

IMHO - I prefer WCS's selection of products overall and I will probably make it my first stop for supplies but Royalshave is worth comparison shopping.

Ru4scuba?
03-15-2010, 12:59 PM
Yes and Yes...page is bookmarked under my favs...

ALL HANDS WORKING
03-15-2010, 01:22 PM
Peter at Royal Shave is a very knowledgeable guy, and is quite nice to deal with. You shouldn't have any problems.

rosborne
03-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Haven't done business with them. Hadn't heard of them until I saw this thread. Jumped to their site and did some quick prices comparisons on items that I generally know what they go for. I only spotted one item, a EJ razor, that they were cheaper on. Most items were a little more or a lot more expensive. (i.e. Mitchell's woolfat soap in bowl) I only compared a few razors and some soaps and creams to come up with this conclusion but it was enough for me to fall back to my usual vendors. They may help you out in a pinch if you need somethign but you may save some $$ looking around.

Fedor'sRazor
03-15-2010, 03:23 PM
I ordered a Merkur 38C and when they said they were backordered ( i would suggest calling first) I called to cancel my order and they issued a refund immediately ( her name was Laurie, super sweet), I literally got the email from Paypal saying I was refunded before I even hung up with her. They are loacted in Costa Mesa so you can do Local Pickup if you are in the socal area. Thats as much as I know

nemo
03-15-2010, 06:01 PM
They have some items that are truly hard to find in the USA, such as the German Klar Kabinett, Gold Dachs, and Austrian Haslinger soaps. Purchased from them before and will again! No problem.

nwman
03-15-2010, 08:38 PM
several dealings with royalshave--all 100% positive. just good folks.