PDA

View Full Version : First 2 shaves under my belt....

gar1013
02-01-2007, 09:41 AM
So I opened up my package o' shaving fun last night.

I just HAD to get a shave in yesterday...also did one today.

Initial observation was that I did nick myself a few times on the first go -- but then again, I nick myself with the plastic cartridge garbage as well (and have even nicked myself with an electric).

All in all, I've done a pretty good job -- no nicks the second time around.

One thing I need to improve is my technique for the jawline and ESPECIALLY under my chin.

I have to say, alum blocks really do tighten up the face. I can still feel the effect over an hour and a half later! :biggrin:

netsurfr
02-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Welcome to B&B and the world of wet shaving.
Sounds like you are off to a great start!
Keep us posted...

chop-chop
02-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Sounds like you not only survived... but, you came out ahead of the game. Good stuff!

To maybe over-simplify the chin area, you can almost think of having two different planes... the sides of your face, and your neck. The chin is the transitional and curved surface. A series of shorter strokes in this area will help tremendously. If you can think of what a spline graph looks like, that would help. A spline graph is a series of very short straight lines which are used to define or map out a curved surface, mechanically, for CAD programs. This differs from a program for a continuous curve. I hope that makes sense.

Here's to smooth shavin'!

chop-chop

AlwaysUK
02-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Welcome to B&B Gar ...do you have name we can use...

David

gar1013
02-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Welcome to B&B Gar ...do you have name we can use...

David

No.

Just kidding... it's Garrett, but I've never used it as a login name anywhere because people always mispell it. :biggrin:

Leisureguy
02-01-2007, 12:04 PM
The neck in general is tricky and the jawline especially so. But experience will quickly teach you to shave that area. Mantic's video on advanced shave techniques will explain blade-buffing (also discussed and described in my blog), and that will usually polish up the jawline.