PDA

View Full Version : Got laser hair removal (beard)

HTX
02-14-2010, 01:01 AM
I'm new here...figured some people may be interested in my experience with laser hair removal for the beard....sorry for the length, but i thought i'd cover as much as possible. Don't go to any spa type places, esepcially for the beard, you want to go somewhere that only does laser and has a lot of experience doing beards. One thing i learned is that most spas tell you to get a treatment every few weeks, you end up with 6-8, or more, treatments overall. Well thats not true. You need a treatment every 3 months. This is how it goes:

-After treatment all treated hair is burned off the root. some will fall off instantly, others will take approx a week to slide out of the follicle.

- For about 2 months after that, you'll be "hair free". If during this time you have hair that didnt fall out it means they missed a spot. Some spas tell you another treatment is needed around this time, but you shouldnt have to pay for what they missed.

- b/t 2-3 months after you'll see hair slowly start to grow back in. this is what wasn't killed or hair that was dormant. Again, some places will expect you to come back in during this time at the first sign of growth, but dont. Wait until 3 months has passed completely and all the new hair growth is in.

- the place i went to said under this schedule you should only need 3 treatments, spread 3 months apart to get max results. So far i'm only one treament in, but it's been 3 months and i experienced everything i wrote earlier, which is what they had explained to me prior to treatment.

I went in hoping to do the neck and all of my beard in two separate visits, within a week, first neck then face. I did neck first:

- pain was bearable, i only flinched a bit when they treated right below the jaw

- i never had any redness after, just a bit on my adas apple, slight swlling around the follicles, but was gone the next day. for soem reason i did break out at the corner of my jaw, below my ear.

Because of the break out, i chickened out from doing my bread, and instead just did the cheek area, which would leave a sculpted line on the top part of the beard area.

- pain was worse, flinched every single time, bearable, but definitely hurt. didnt use numbing cream either time. Broke out again, upper cheek area just had very small folliculitis-like bumps, which went away within a few days. The lower cheeks were the same, but i did get an ingrown there on each side. I think it was due to it beingmore sensitive, which means more swelling and therefore more likely to trap a hair.

-the swelling was never bad, very slight for the most part.

I think the reason i broke out on the corners of my jaw and cheeks is because my beard area tends to dry up more than my neck due to sun exposure, sweating , etc. So it probably caused more irritation there.

As for the results, i'm due for my second treatment in each area and i have to say i like the way it "thinned out" my hair after just one treatment. Not much visual difference on my cheeks since there was much hair there to begin with and treatments remove roughly 30% every time, but my neck area is viisbly different. Hair isn't as coarse, feels more like forearm hair, i can finally shave it and look clean shaven instead of having a shadow.

Let me explaining the "thinning" of the hair. It's believed that the laser literally thins each hair that isnt killed, but that's not true. The laser can't change the hair itself, it only kills it or doesnt. What happens is that your beard has a certain number of coarse hairs, a certain number of finer hairs, and a certain number of vellus hairs. the laser will mostly kill the coarse and some of the fine hair that is currently "alive", so it's leaving you with a lower % of coarse and fine hair with each treatment. So now i have mostly only fine hair and vellus hair. Laser hair removal wont remove all the hair, even after the 3 treatments, but it should only leave behind the vellus hair for the most part.

as for patchyness....i was worried about this, but the only patchyness i had was around my jawline and a small area under my adam's apple and this was during the "hair free" period. Most peopel think this is because the hair resisited treatment, but it seesm to be spots the tech missed and didnt treat. Since was suppose to do the whole face initially, i thinks he got sloppy under my jaw line and didnt make a clean line, so she missed spots. When i did the top beard line it was a straight line, no missed spots. Patches arent really visible now though since some fine hair grew in and even i can only notice it if i let it grown out.

I dont remember the price off the top of my head, but they had some special going on, for 3 treatments of "sculpted beard", which is basically the neck and the top ofthe beard/cheek area, it was approx $875. And make sure to read the cancellation policies, usually you have to pay canc fees. I would recommend just buying one single treatment first instead of gettign a package, just so you know what you're getting into. so as of now i'm trying to decide what to do next. I dont mind the hair on my neck much anymore. Less prickly, easier to shave, etc. I can deal with it. I may stop the treatments on my neck and get one treatment on my beard to even it up, it's not that visibly uneven, but the feel is different.

kossi
02-14-2010, 01:25 AM
Will never do that, but thanks for the informative post.

Luc
02-14-2010, 01:50 AM
Good informative post!

I might end up spending that amount on straights this year but I enjoy it! :biggrin:

aquilla
02-14-2010, 03:20 AM
very informative, id personally spend the money on razors :001_tt2: but its always good to hear honest feedback on, well, anything, so thanks :001_smile keep us updated on how the next two go.

xriley
02-14-2010, 06:43 AM
Are you trying to shut this site down? We enjoy the shaving process here. :biggrin1:

luvmysuper
02-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks!

I didn't get a chance to read this earlier because I was busy posting my experience with making your own fur coat at the PETA web site.

HTX
02-14-2010, 10:19 AM
thanks for the replies

I actually enjoy shaving now like most of you here. I took me a while to find the right regimen and tools to use. Cheap gel caused too much drag and multiple blades caused too many ingrowns. Plus i'm in my mid 20s and my skin has been going from teenage oily to adult dry(er), so it made it difficult stick to any product for a significant amount of time.

More than likely i wont go through all the treatments, mainly because i dont want to regret it afterward.

Governor11201
02-14-2010, 10:44 AM
This reminds me I still need to post my recipe for the bacon explosion over at the Viva Vegan! forum.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2009/01/28/dining/bacon650.33.jpg

Seriously, thanks for the informative (if odd) post.

goby
02-14-2010, 11:08 AM
This reminds me I still need to post my recipe for the bacon explosion over at the Viva Vegan! forum.

lol!!! As a vegetarian, I can say that it the grossest thing I have EVER seen!! Do people really eat that? It is soooo shiny!! lol!

Governor11201
02-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Actually had a slice last week. One of my favorite pubs in Brooklyn had it on special as an appetizer. Oooh...bacon wrapped bacon!

jswhitley
02-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks!

I didn't get a chance to read this earlier because I was busy posting my experience with making your own fur coat at the PETA web site.

hahaha probably the funniest post ever!

Obsessed
02-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Thanks!

hahaha probably the funniest post ever!

It's definitely up there!

warlandsboy
02-17-2010, 07:13 PM
Good read, thanks for sharing your experience.

proxymoron
02-18-2010, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the informative, sublimely ironic post. I've always been curious about it.

While I (now) love shaving, the idea of never having to shave at all has its own appeal. It does sound as if you'll still need to do some maintenance even after the treatment though, in which case what's the point?

Seraphim
02-18-2010, 06:43 AM
I prefer to use Nair as a pre-shave oil, with a hot wax peel aftershave.

BBS everytime!:thumbup:

Zenas
02-18-2010, 07:39 AM
Shaving is own. I would rather drop $800 on some razors and a ton of soaps, creams, and oils.

But to each his own. :biggrin1:

Manco
02-18-2010, 09:13 AM
What if you ever wanted to grow a beard!?

Scentronic
02-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Governor, what IS that?!

It looks positively delicious!!!

Prince
02-18-2010, 10:21 AM

I like the way it's sliced and put in a bun. That way none of the drippings are lost. :drool:

Governor11201
02-18-2010, 05:51 PM
Governor, what IS that?!

It looks positively delicious!!!

That, my friend, is a Bacon Explosion. Two pounds of Italian sausage and crisp bacon seasoned with barbecue rub lovingly wrapped in lattice of thick sliced bacon, slow smoked then glazed with piquant sauce.

I've had a couple of pm's on this asking for the recipe so here's the link, which also has the (very key) assembly instructions.

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/images/bacon-12.jpg

Share and enjoy!

HTX
03-02-2010, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the informative, sublimely ironic post. I've always been curious about it.

While I (now) love shaving, the idea of never having to shave at all has its own appeal. It does sound as if you'll still need to do some maintenance even after the treatment though, in which case what's the point?

Well personally i wasnt looking for overall hair removal. I knew beforehand that as men age due to their hormonal changes they grow new hair in new places, so even if the treatment worked 100%, there's a chance downt he road i'd sprout new facial hair here and there, which would look odd...

What i really wanted was simply hair reduction, less hair follicles. One treatment for me kept enough hair to form a full beard, but with less hair my shave are tons smoother and easier. I also look clean shaven when i shave as oppose to having a shadow.

dpmtherrien
03-04-2010, 07:59 AM
That, my friend, is a Bacon Explosion. Two pounds of Italian sausage and crisp bacon seasoned with barbecue rub lovingly wrapped in lattice of thick sliced bacon, slow smoked then glazed with piquant sauce.

I've had a couple of pm's on this asking for the recipe so here's the link, which also has the (very key) assembly instructions.

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/recipes/bacon-explosion/

http://www.bbqaddicts.com/blog/images/bacon-12.jpg

Share and enjoy!

Don't worry about that slight slam feeling you feel in your chest.

That's just a couple of your smaller artery's slamming shut. :w00t:

Leon
03-04-2010, 08:07 AM
Thanks!

:lol::lol::lol:

PETA = People eating tasty animals

Hmmm... tasty animals.. :thumbsup:

petr
03-04-2010, 09:44 AM
you are doing it wrong.

Haber Dashing
03-06-2010, 11:56 PM
900 bucks so somebody could play laser tag on my face and leave me hobbyless. Thanks, but I'll pass. Informative post though, bravo! :w00t:

Topgumby
03-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Is there a place that uses lasers to make my beard grow faster?

That, I might pay for.

I also have a disquieting urge to lather up the Bacon Explosion with Tabac and give it three passes with a Shark Super Stainless in a Red Tip while listening to Sinatra singing "High Hopes".

Not sure why, either.:confused1

cardboard
03-07-2010, 01:39 AM
900 bucks so somebody could play laser tag on my face and leave me hobbyless. Thanks, but I'll pass. Informative post though, bravo! :w00t:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
The dilemma I would be in if I couldn't shave!

Pumpkin
03-07-2010, 03:33 AM
I dont remember the price off the top of my head, but they had some special going on, for 3 treatments of "sculpted beard", which is basically the neck and the top ofthe beard/cheek area, it was approx $875

Thanks for the informative post...personally it's not needed here but my AD's would be grateful if I had nearly $900 spare! :lol:

Deltaboy
03-09-2010, 07:32 AM
I like the way it's sliced and put in a bun. That way none of the drippings are lost. :drool:

OH MY that looks GOOD!!!!!:thumbup:

Every thing is better with BACON!!!!

Thanks for the Heads up on the Lazer I will pass and use my money on more shaving stuff. Shaving is fun Lazers sound painful.

Coleman
03-15-2010, 03:55 PM
That looks absolutely DELICIOUS!!

HTX
03-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Everyone that is replying seems to be having fun with this, but i know not everyone out there has the combination of perfect facial hair, skin, shaving regimen and lifestyle. Hopefully this helps those that have struggled with shaving, as the act of shaving isn't automatically fun for everyone, even with the right tools.

And yes $900 is a lot, but that was for the full treatment. For what i later suggested, one treatment to reduce hair density, it's under $200.

Disburden
03-20-2010, 12:11 PM

Yeah, shaving is fun and part of being a man, heck with that!

Dib
04-07-2010, 12:18 PM
happy Trail!!!!!!!

Oregon Viking
04-12-2010, 09:28 PM

That is a thing of beauty and glory.

Oregon Viking
04-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the informative post, HTX. You would need to strap me to a james-bond esque table with an evil laser device hovering above me on a robotic arm to get my beard lazered off.

It's good information if I ever decided to have my neck hair zapped off, but a good shave is too much of a calming ritual for me.

mastinomaven
04-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Lots of humor and sarcasm abound in response to this post, but amidst the lighthearted ribbing (and in fairness to the issue raised by the OP) it should be mentioned that laser hair removal is the only option for people who suffer from skin conditions where shaving is absolutely out of the question. I am thinking of those with serious folliculitis barbae and other chronic skin conditions caused by shaving itself. If you can imagine every follicle on your face being inflamed or infected each time you shave, then you can imagine laser treatment having more merit than simple convenience.

luvmysuper
04-13-2010, 04:43 AM
Lots of humor and sarcasm abound in response to this post, but amidst the lighthearted ribbing (and in fairness to the issue raised by the OP) it should be mentioned that laser hair removal is the only option for people who suffer from skin conditions where shaving is absolutely out of the question. I am thinking of those with serious folliculitis barbae and other chronic skin conditions caused by shaving itself. If you can imagine every follicle on your face being inflamed or infected each time you shave, then you can imagine laser treatment having more merit than simple convenience.

While I have nothing but sympathy for anyone who might suffer from that condition, the OP doesn't and he said so. His reasoning was to reduce the quantity of hair he had.

That's fine too, if that floats your boat. Some people, for whatever reason, just are not able to shave.

But either case is likely to receive a tepid or sarcastic response when posted ON A SHAVING FORUM!

Hello!

HTX
04-13-2010, 04:25 PM
While I have nothing but sympathy for anyone who might suffer from that condition, the OP doesn't and he said so. His reasoning was to reduce the quantity of hair he had.

That's fine too, if that floats your boat. Some people, for whatever reason, just are not able to shave.

But either case is likely to receive a tepid or sarcastic response when posted ON A SHAVING FORUM!

Hello!

I actually never said I didn't suffer fromt he condition. What I did say was multiple blades gave me ingrowns, which should have hinted I was prone to them. With the reponses I got after my initial post, i was reluctant to complain about folliculitis and ingrown hairs because i'm sure everyone would have claimed i was just shaving incorrectly and they'd claim anyone could shave well with the correct regimen. That's the problem here. A lot of posters assume everyone here has the perfect skin and beard, but is just shaving incorrectly. I guess the problem could never be the beard itself, but let's remember naturally beards are there for a reason and it probably wasnt to be shaven. For some it works, for some it wont.

The idea that a laser removal post doesnt belong in a shaving forum is ridiculous. There's no law stating laser removal must be applied to the whole beard and not everyone is in a perfect situation. Maybe someone wants to laser just the neck area. Perhaps they have a funky beard line that still shows after shaving and they want to fix it. Maybe their beard is easily tamed, but they're too busy to shave every day as their job may require. As far as i know this forum isnt limited to guys who love to shave. Some may hate it, but still want to find the best shave since they must shave in their daily lives and they could possibly be interesed in laser removal as well.

Frankly, i was disappointed with how many responses were just poking fun at my post. I expected some silly responses, but didn't expect them to be the majority, especially on a forum where there's probably not any kids and a few teens. Anyway, those are my two cents, hopefully it did help someone out there, which was the point of my post and the point of this forum.

luvmysuper
04-13-2010, 04:39 PM
I actually never said I didn't suffer fromt he condition. What I did say was multiple blades gave me ingrowns, which should have hinted I was prone to them. With the reponses I got after my initial post, i was reluctant to complain about folliculitis and ingrown hairs because i'm sure everyone would have claimed i was just shaving incorrectly and they'd claim anyone could shave well with the correct regimen. That's the problem here. A lot of posters assume everyone here has the perfect skin and beard, but is just shaving incorrectly. I guess the problem could never be the beard itself, but let's remember naturally beards are there for a reason and it probably wasnt to be shaven. For some it works, for some it wont.

The idea that a laser removal post doesnt belong in a shaving forum is ridiculous. There's no law stating laser removal must be applied to the whole beard and not everyone is in a perfect situation. Maybe someone wants to laser just the neck area. Perhaps they have a funky beard line that still shows after shaving and they want to fix it. Maybe their beard is easily tamed, but they're too busy to shave every day as their job may require. As far as i know this forum isnt limited to guys who love to shave. Some may hate it, but still want to find the best shave since they must shave in their daily lives and they could possibly be interesed in laser removal as well.

Frankly, i was disappointed with how many responses were just poking fun at my post. I expected some silly responses, but didn't expect them to be the majority, especially on a forum where there's probably not any kids and a few teens. Anyway, those are my two cents, hopefully it did help someone out there, which was the point of my post and the point of this forum.

Let me clarify things for you.

This is a shaving forum.

If you ask for advice about shaving, hundreds of people here will fall all over themselves trying to help you.

If you have a razor issue, people will knock down your door trying to PIF you something that might work.

Trouble lathering? Folks will jump in with samples and suggestions on what to try next.

Post a thread promoting laser hair removal and you will get the response you got.

Folks here are adults, and that's why the majority of the posts were in a joking, poke fun kind of demeanor. Any other forum besides B&B and you'd have been flamed into non-existence.

Now - Need some advice? Got a question? Anything at all shaving related we can help you with?

HTX
04-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Let me clarify things for you.

This is a shaving forum.

If you ask for advice about shaving, hundreds of people here will fall all over themselves trying to help you.

If you have a razor issue, people will knock down your door trying to PIF you something that might work.

Trouble lathering? Folks will jump in with samples and suggestions on what to try next.

Post a thread promoting laser hair removal and you will get the response you got.

Folks here are adults, and that's why the majority of the posts were in a joking, poke fun kind of demeanor. Any other forum besides B&B and you'd have been flamed into non-existence.

Now - Need some advice? Got a question? Anything at all shaving related we can help you with?

What exactly did you clarify for me? I should clarify to you this forum isn't just about asking questions or asking for help. It's also about giving tips, ideas, and sharing experiences relevant to shaving. As adults, posters should have understood the point of my thread. I'm thankful for the few that did, but for those who didnt, this forum is about making the shaving experience as pleasant as possible, is it not? For some that means lessening the density of the hair. My tip was, if you're having trouble shaving maybe thinning it out via laser will work for you, and i shared my experience doing just that.

I could understand if the aim of my post was to show how wonderful it is to be hairless and I urged everyone to try it, all while implying shaving was evil. However, it wasn't close to that. I explained how i was glad my shaving improved and how i was satisified with still having more than enough facial hair to have a beard and still be able to shave.

Being narrow-minded and replying to me, as if i were a kid who doesn't understand what's going on, isn't the best way to show your sympathy towards folks like me. I know you're likely to reply by saying I'm the one who doesn get it and everyone else around here shares your view, but just look further down this forum. Someone asked how he can remove his unwanted back/arm hair and the majority of posters suggested laser. I'm glad not everyone is as close-minded and realizes laser has it's place in this forum, even if it's not a large one.

Face it, you formed an opinion as to what I was aiming for based on a quick read through of this thread. You showed that by claiming I wrote something i never did. You just thought I must have, since you figured I was just being a goof by getting laser removal because I was just not competent with a razor and overreacted.

luvmysuper
04-13-2010, 07:49 PM
My tip was, if you're having trouble shaving maybe thinning it out via laser will work for you, and i shared my experience doing just that.
I could understand if the aim of my post was to show how wonderful it is to be hairless and I urged everyone to try it, all while implying shaving was evil. However, it wasn't close to that. I explained how i was glad my shaving improved and how i was satisified with still having more than enough facial hair to have a beard and still be able to shave.

Face it, you formed an opinion as to what I was aiming for based on a quick read through of this thread. You showed that by claiming I wrote something i never did. You just thought I must have, since you figured I was just being a goof by getting laser removal because I was just not competent with a razor and overreacted.

Really?
Sorry friend, that is Blatantly false.
Did you read your own first post? Let me refresh for you.

- For about 2 months after that, you'll be "hair free". If during this time you have hair that didnt fall out it means they missed a spot. Some spas tell you another treatment is needed around this time, but you shouldnt have to pay for what they missed.

Yes, I can see how I could mistake "thinning" for "hair free"

I went in hoping to do the neck and all of my beard in two separate visits, within a week, first neck then face. I did neck first:

Again, the plan was to do the entire beard.

Because of the break out, i chickened out from doing my bread, and instead just did the cheek area, which would leave a sculpted line on the top part of the beard area.

Okay, so now it was painful, and the decision is being modified to maybe just the cheeks hairless. A "sculpted line" doesn't come from thinned hair.

As for the results, i'm due for my second treatment in each area and i have to say i like the way it "thinned out" my hair after just one treatment. Not much visual difference on my cheeks since there wasnt much hair there to begin with and treatments remove roughly 30% every time, but my neck area is viisbly different.

The "thinning" was after a single treatment, so why go back for more if that was the goal?

Let me explaining the "thinning" of the hair. It's believed that the laser literally thins each hair that isnt killed, but that's not true. The laser can't change the hair itself, it only kills it or doesnt. What happens is that your beard has a certain number of coarse hairs, a certain number of finer hairs, and a certain number of vellus hairs. the laser will mostly kill the coarse and some of the fine hair that is currently "alive", so it's leaving you with a lower % of coarse and fine hair with each treatment. So now i have mostly only fine hair and vellus hair. Laser hair removal wont remove all the hair, even after the 3 treatments, but it should only leave behind the vellus hair for the most part.

If you are left with nothing but vellus hair on your face, that cannot by any stretch of the imagination be considered "thinning".
Vellus hair is the peach fuzz typically found on the chest, face and backs of women. If that is the goal for the laser removal, that is not "thinning out" the hair.

Now, you can come back here and say that what I have interpreted here was not your original intent - and I will freely admit that it is possible that you didn't mean what you wrote - but it is what you wrote, and obviously, I'm not the only one that took it that way.

If there was a failure to communicate, it was from the original post which reads like a how to dissertation on hair removal, which was, afterall - the very title of your thread.

I venture to say that most folks would have probably reacted differently if you had talked about Laser Hair thinning, or at least made some attempt to clarify in your initial post that you wanted to thin out your hair, but that is NOT how it reads.

I encourage you to go back and read your first post with the idea that we here do not have the intent information or knowledge that you have in your head. Read it like it's the first time you have heard of this.

HTX
04-14-2010, 12:34 AM
......QUOTE]

Bravo, you took my post apart and replied to everything either out of context.

First of all, you claim I did a poor job of clarifying I wanted to thin out my beard, yet you were able to understand this yourself, so I couldnt have done such a poor job, could i? I know you understood because you pointed it out:

[QUOTE=luvmysuper;2011089]While I have nothing but sympathy for anyone who might suffer from that condition, the OP doesn't and he said so. His reasoning was to reduce the quantity of hair he had.

Now, for the sake of proving a point, you want to act like it wasnt clear enough or I didnt try to clarify it.

The hair free period i mentioned is part of the process. It's not refering to a goal or anything permanent. What's the point of bringing that up? Anytime you get laser you'll have a free hair period, whether it's your first or last treatment, it has nothing to do with me suggesting thinning out a beard.

Yes, my original plan was to do the whole beard and had i gone through all the treatments and been beard-free, it would have been pointless to come on here, but I didnt. I stopped and realized I liked the shave i got after one treatment, thats when i decided to offer the advice.

You quoted me when i wrote i chickened out because of a breakout and yet you wrote it was due to pain? Slow down some and you'll avoid those mistakes. As for the "sculpted line", that's the name of the treatment/package, since the full 3 treatments would get you that line, however, after one treatment it WILL NOT sculpt it. It will thin the area out.

I never went back for a second treatment. Please read thoroughly instead of browsing, again. I PREPAID for 3 treatments originally, I was due for a second treatment based on the scheduling, but like i said, i was happy with one, therefore I did NOT go again.

5. Who said i was left with only vellus hair?? I specifically said there's very coarse hair, finer hair, and then vellus, i was left with vellus AND finer hair. Again, please read carefully. If you go through ALL of the treatments, you'll be left with mostly vellus hair. If you got with less you'll be THINNING IT out.

I see you neglected to quote the most important part of my post, the final sentence, pretty convenient...

I would recommend just buying one single treatment first instead of gettign a package, just so you know what you're getting into. so as of now i'm trying to decide what to do next. I dont mind the hair on my neck much anymore. Less prickly, easier to shave, etc. I can deal with it. I may stop the treatments on my neck and get one treatment on my beard to even it up, it's not that visibly uneven, but the feel is different.

I will give you that i could have worded it differently so my point was more direct, possibly starting with it rather than ending with it or posting it on a separate reply, which you also neglected to mention:

Well personally i wasnt looking for overall hair removal. I knew beforehand that as men age due to their hormonal changes they grow new hair in new places, so even if the treatment worked 100%, there's a chance downt he road i'd sprout new facial hair here and there, which would look odd...

What i really wanted was simply hair reduction, less hair follicles. One treatment for me kept enough hair to form a full beard, but with less hair my shave are tons smoother and easier. I also look clean shaven when i shave as oppose to having a shadow.

and this one too:

Everyone that is replying seems to be having fun with this, but i know not everyone out there has the combination of perfect facial hair, skin, shaving regimen and lifestyle. Hopefully this helps those that have struggled with shaving, as the act of shaving isn't automatically fun for everyone, even with the right tools.
And yes $900 is a lot, but that was for the full treatment. For what i later suggested, one treatment to reduce hair density, it's under $200.

I'd understand your replies had they came prior to these posts of mine I quoted, since then you would have only read my first post. Yet, your replies came after and you still claim hair reduction, AKA thinning, was not my intention. It was my intention from the beginning and I only bought the package because there was a small chance I'd go for it all if there were no side effects and a package offered a huge discount. Plus i knew i'd be able to cancel them later.

I encourage you to read the entire thread before making such bold claims or telling me what i wrote or didnt write... And perhaps you should reply to my whole post and not just what will help prove your point.

Like i mentioned before, there is a place here for posts such as these, whether you like it or not. It may not be very popular and it may not get a lot of support, but that doesnt mean it's useless info here. The grown up thing to do would be to not say anything at all, otherwise you discourage others from asking relevant questions because they feel they'll just get ran out of the thread and be made fun of....but if you must write something, at least read the entire thread carefully so you know what you're talking about.

luvmysuper
04-14-2010, 05:08 AM
Well, overall - I'm sorry you feel the way you do.
You have made no contribution to this board whatsoever, either asking for advice or giving it except for the seven posts in this thread alone, 5 of which are complaining of how people don't understand you and how poorly they treated you.
I'm not going to waste any more of my time with your childish pouting arguments in this thread (except to see if any more humorous posts are left by others).
Hope you get on well in life my friend. Good luck and good shaves.

HTX
04-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Well, overall - I'm sorry you feel the way you do.
You have made no contribution to this board whatsoever, either asking for advice or giving it except for the seven posts in this thread alone, 5 of which are complaining of how people don't understand you and how poorly they treated you.
I'm not going to waste any more of my time with your childish pouting arguments in this thread (except to see if any more humorous posts are left by others).
Hope you get on well in life my friend. Good luck and good shaves.

I'm sorry you feel that way. It seems you love shaving and everything that enables it so much that my post seems useless to you. Im sure it is and that's understandable, but it doesnt mean it's useless to everyone else.

coolbluewater
04-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Forest/trees/shaving forum.

Why does this thread bring back memories of blanket parties aboard ship? :001_rolle

friendo977
04-25-2010, 12:06 PM
I know some guys gave you a hard time about the post, but having dark coarse hair and very dry sensitive skin I often struggle with razor bumps. I have thought about doing hair removal on my neck only since that is the area where I struggle. I found the post informative and to be honest I am glad that I got to read a review of the process by someone who I know is neutral and isn't either trying to sell me on the idea or sell me on doing some other process.

I am quite frankly also considering doing it on my back (gross I know) but am worried about cost since I am a grad student. Would you mind sending me a personal message with the place you used. I see the American Laser centers ads all over the place so i figure it would be the cheapets and that they have a lot of experience with the process.

I appreciate the post. Thanks.

media
04-29-2010, 06:36 AM
http://www.kilbot.com.au/wp-content/shop/crazyinsanity.gif

kthnx

luvmysuper
04-29-2010, 06:53 AM
All posts by the individual in this one thread and all argumentative about laser hair removal on a shaving forum.

Hmmmmm..........

valmara1971
04-29-2010, 06:55 AM
But lets not forget thanks to his input I now have the bacon explosion in my life so all's well that ends well I guess. :wink2:

bradyarz
04-29-2010, 06:59 AM
But lets not forget thanks to his input I now have the bacon explosion in my life so all's well that ends well I guess. :wink2:

well said! i'm gonna have to make me some bacon explosion at some point....:drool:

dod.e.ratherwell
04-29-2010, 08:03 AM
I had no idea men were out having laser beard removal? I thought that was a womens thing for the lip moustach?! If I had known about that during the nasty unhappy cartridge years I would have looked into it, but now I wet shave so I am ok...

On the otherhand hairless bacon logs I can seriously dig! I am sure my "how to control high blood pressure" pamphlet doesn't say you can't have Bacon Explosion?

Matt S
05-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Maybe someday I'll look into laser for my back. Its not "body sweater" bad, but its got some hair going there. Seems to just get worse as I enter my late 20's.

sensor
05-02-2010, 02:38 PM
htx will the hair never grow back? my gf had her armpits done for free since she was also the model of the clinic. i wanna do the part in between my eyebrows which i have to tweeze so i don't have a unibrow. it's kinda stupid and OCD since i just dislike having tweezers for that purpose.

Matt S
05-02-2010, 04:28 PM
htx will the hair never grow back? my gf had her armpits done for free since she was also the model of the clinic. i wanna do the part in between my eyebrows which i have to tweeze so i don't have a unibrow. it's kinda stupid and OCD since i just dislike having tweezers for that purpose.

I could see myself getting that as well. The "unibrow" is never going to be acceptable to just leave. The back hair I can just keep my shirt on.

luvmysuper
05-02-2010, 04:46 PM
It can't be as bad as this, right?

sensor
05-02-2010, 05:04 PM
another q. do you have to grow it out so that so they can remove the hairs? mine looks like peter gallagher's eyebrows now but if i let it grow maybe i will turn into noel and liam gallagher.

DSW
05-11-2010, 09:51 PM

What? Get a Merkur moustache shaping razor! That sounds like a perfect use for the device. :)

Walker
05-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Im not a Vegan and I eat bacon on a regular basis along with all other meats.....but the bacon explosion thing looks gross dude.

ghostknife
05-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Cool a flame war...and bacon, whats better than that?

On the thread note I've always been curious if you could actually do this but never asked about it anywhere so you saved me from doing it, thanks. Don't think I'd actually do it though.

...now if we can just get back to the bacon explosion ok, can somebody please freeze one and ship it to me?
Edit: I forgot to add that I need this to take with me to my next vegan support group with my bacon toolkit

bacon, bacon, bacon....bacon, bacon, bacon...... bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon.

Wow bacon looks really weird when you start to sing about it and write it that many times!

HTX
05-31-2010, 11:52 PM
All posts by the individual in this one thread and all argumentative about laser hair removal on a shaving forum.

Hmmmmm..........

im not trolling trying to get people to buy into laser hair removal...i actually decided to sign up under a new username. Thanks to you all I didnt feel comfortable posting under this username because I figured i'd be labeled as the laser removal guy and would never get an unbiased answer to other questions i may have related to shaving.

HTX
06-01-2010, 12:09 AM

any hair that doesnt regrow after the hair cycle starts again, i think it's about 3 months, should be permanently gone. As you age, i think due to hormone changes, you get new hair growth here and there...im not sure if this applies to the unibrow though, but it probably would only be a few hair follicles.

I also am not sure if they even do laser on the eyebrow area, since it's too close to the eyes.

another q. do you have to grow it out so that so they can remove the hairs? mine looks like peter gallagher's eyebrows now but if i let it grow maybe i will turn into noel and liam gallagher.

No, you need to shave it off to be treated. Or at least trimmed very very short. The dark pigment of your hair absorbs the laser, so you want the hair as short as possible so the laser hits mainly the root, instead of wasting heat on a longer hair.