PDA

View Full Version : My order came in... Great stuff!!

Big Burly
02-10-2010, 10:33 AM
My order from WCS came in.

I ordered Tabac shave soap in a bowl, 7'Oclock blades (yellow), Old Dominica Bay Rum Lime AS, and Thayer's Witch Hazel.

I used the Tabac and Thayer's this morning for my shave.

I soaked my brush and added about a tablespoon of hot water to the top of the puck. I did my usual shower routine with conditioner. I kept my face hot and wet as I loaded and lathered with the Tabac. What a great, thick and slick lather! I did a WTG, XTG, and ATG passes.

No nicks or cuts. No irritation. I rinsed with hot then warm then cold water. Then I applied the Thayer's.

That stuff is fantastic! It has a pleasant enough smell. No alcohol = no sting!!! Then I applied my Brut AS balm.

Scent-wise, I (and my wife) like the scent of the Tabac. The scent of the shave soap lasted as long as the AS balm, about 3-4 hours.

Tabac is powerful smelling, so I can see why some may not like it. I think it smells very spicy and of unsmoked tobacco. I am considering getting the cologne since I like the smell of the soap so much.

I like the Tabac's lubrication quality better than the AoS Sandalwood cream that I have.

The Thayer's WH that I have has aloe vera and isn't unscented. I can't tell what the scent is, but it is very light and pleasant.

I am getting a good 4-7 shaves out of the Shark chrome blades.

JPM
02-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Congrats! Sounds like it is going well.

mrbear
02-10-2010, 10:48 AM
Glad things are going well for you!

I too am a Tabac fan:thumbup1:

dpmtherrien
02-10-2010, 11:36 AM
Congrats. Looks like you've found a winning combination there. :thumbup1:

Big Burly
02-10-2010, 03:10 PM
And I am using a cheap and old boar-hair brush...

Tabac is some great stuff. I love the tallow!

saltypete
02-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Congrats! Sounds like things are going well for you.

Pete

arghblech
02-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Looking good!

wood62
02-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Looks like another convert, enjoy life slow down and shave.

Nerdman
02-10-2010, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the forum!

cvac
02-10-2010, 06:30 PM
If your Thayer's is alcohol free, try splashing it on your face before bedtime or after showering on the days you don't shave.

htownmmm
02-10-2010, 08:30 PM
You have started off with some great equipment; your shaves will be the same.
Congrats!

marty

Hayden
02-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Grats...sounds like a great start

vitaman
02-10-2010, 09:31 PM
Tabac definately rocks!

winkydink
02-10-2010, 09:33 PM
That's quite a haul! Enjoy your new stuff!

Dougger
02-10-2010, 10:33 PM
My order from WCS came in.

I ordered Tabac shave soap in a bowl, 7'Oclock blades (yellow), Old Dominica Bay Rum Lime AS, and Thayer's Witch Hazel.

I used the Tabac and Thayer's this morning for my shave.

I soaked my brush and added about a tablespoon of hot water to the top of the puck. I did my usual shower routine with conditioner. I kept my face hot and wet as I loaded and lathered with the Tabac. What a great, thick and slick lather! I did a WTG, XTG, and ATG passes.

No nicks or cuts. No irritation. I rinsed with hot then warm then cold water. Then I applied the Thayer's.

That stuff is fantastic! It has a pleasant enough smell. No alcohol = no sting!!! Then I applied my Brut AS balm.

Scent-wise, I (and my wife) like the scent of the Tabac. The scent of the shave soap lasted as long as the AS balm, about 3-4 hours.

Tabac is powerful smelling, so I can see why some may not like it. I think it smells very spicy and of unsmoked tobacco. I am considering getting the cologne since I like the smell of the soap so much.

I like the Tabac's lubrication quality better than the AoS Sandalwood cream that I have.

The Thayer's WH that I have has aloe vera and isn't unscented. I can't tell what the scent is, but it is very light and pleasant.

I am getting a good 4-7 shaves out of the Shark chrome blades.

Sounds like you are doing great man. Which Thayer's Witch Hazel did you get? I would like to try that in the near future.

moonshine44
02-11-2010, 12:30 AM
Sounds like you're on your way!

DFrancis
02-11-2010, 01:10 AM
Congrats on the stuff, tabac seems to claim another soul