PDA

View Full Version : Green versus Clear Rubbing Alcohol

sandmountainslim
10-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Ok...this question may be a dumb as a bag of rocks but which of the two kinds of rubbing alcohol is best to dip your razors in ,the green variety or the normal clear type? Is there a difference between the two?
Wp

mmack66
10-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Clear type. The green kind has a menthol and/or wintergreen additive that is more for the rubbing aspect of the alcohol.

sandmountainslim
10-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Clear type. The green kind has a menthol and/or wintergreen additive that is more for the rubbing aspect of the alcohol.

Makes sense, I got to thinkin that it might stain my Super Speed a minty green colour also :eek:
Wp

Bobtrumpet
10-18-2009, 07:18 PM
There are also usually 2 strengths of clear isopropyl available - 70% and 91%. I'd recommend the 91%.

dpmtherrien
10-18-2009, 08:06 PM
There are also usually 2 strengths of clear isopropyl available - 70% and 91%. I'd recommend the 91%.

+1 on this. However the 70% is the one you'll find the most. The 91% is harder to find. Both work fine. :001_rolle :rolleyes: :tongue:

sandmountainslim
10-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Since I have been dipping my Super Speed in rubbing alcohol after each shave the soap scum seems nonexistant. I am unsure if it is actually making the blades last longer or not but I definately see a major decrease in the soap buildup on the razor head.
Wp

Sodapopjones
10-19-2009, 01:27 AM
Since I have been dipping my Super Speed in rubbing alcohol after each shave the soap scum seems nonexistant. I am unsure if it is actually making the blades last longer or not but I definately see a major decrease in the soap buildup on the razor head.
Wp

I dunk my razors in alcohol before and after every shave, and when I'm done shaving give them a good wipe, no major cleaning effort needed.

Hughies_online
10-19-2009, 03:04 AM
clear type. The green kind has a menthol and/or wintergreen additive that is more for the rubbing aspect of the alcohol.

+1