PDA

View Full Version : Acquisitions December 18 - December 24

Austin
12-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Gents, post your scores.

SSLStudio
12-18-2006, 10:11 AM
TNT Express dropped 80 Fresh 7am V3 blades.
They will go out soon to the test team. ETR after Xmas.

Scotto
12-18-2006, 06:25 PM
Completing the Musgo trifecta:
http://badgerandblade.com/gallery/files/1/8/IMG_3039_1_1.JPG

and, after I took the picture, the doorbell rang again :biggrin:
http://badgerandblade.com/gallery/files/1/8/IMG_3041_3_1.JPG

jduffy
12-18-2006, 07:05 PM
Got this from a friend for Xmas.

My first soap! 2 funny that I was going to be cutting out Proraso so I could try some more of the upper echelon creams, but so be it. I'm a Proraso guy! :biggrin:

TimmyBoston
12-19-2006, 05:03 AM
Simpson PJ2 Super, but unfortunately I've got to send it back. Weirdest looking brush I've ever seen.

EShave Samples, can't wait to try these little guys out!

SSLStudio
12-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Fresh delivery from the Factory.

re-stocking.
The blue box is a box for private use it contains 500 blades.
100 packs. (actual product from Sharp )
I was counting on a different product this wont do me good because the box is too big to ship at a reasonable price.

madmedic
12-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Teracotta handle Super Badger Brush
SCS Ginger Lime Soap
SCS Bay Rum Soap
SCS Coconut Soap
SCS Shea Butter and Avocado SC.

The brush is interesting........REALLY soft and supplied through ebay by a Mr Sabini who informed me that it was made in the same factory as Olde Apothecary brushes which I believe are made by Rooney.

Brian

SSLStudio
12-19-2006, 05:16 PM
Teracotta handle Super Badger Brush
SCS Ginger Lime Soap
SCS Bay Rum Soap
SCS Coconut Soap
SCS Shea Butter and Avocado SC.

The brush is interesting........REALLY soft and supplied through ebay by a Mr Sabini who informed me that it was made in the same factory as Olde Apothecary brushes which I believe are made by Rooney.

Brian

Nice collection Brian , too bad I cant see the brush.
anyways your package is on the way I send you some items as a thx for the Ingram. I wouldnt have it any other way expect it to arrive next week just after xmas.

have a good one

madmedic
12-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Nice collection Brian , too bad I cant see the brush.

have a good one

Many thanks Rene:thumbup:

The brush is here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320057835028

Areler67
12-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Today I went to Metz (East of France +- 60 km from my home) and by chance, found a place where you can buy Merkur DE +plus blades! Happy to know that I can go there in the futur. Bought also 2 packs of Bic Metal in a French supermarket as It's hard to find BM here in Luxembourg. I also Bought cologne called Masculin acier by Bourjois reaallly nice! I'll post a pick of all my new acquisitions asap!!

Limey
12-20-2006, 03:13 PM
My big score for Christmas! Who says adults can't getting excited for Christmas?

berzerkeleyan
12-20-2006, 03:18 PM
My big score for Christmas! Who says adults can't getting excited for Christmas?

That is an excellent haul for the Holidays! :thumbup:

Jim
12-20-2006, 03:22 PM
http://www.badgerandblade.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=5109

Thanks for the help Mr.1 :thumbup:

Limey
12-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Also received my razors from Tony at The Heirloom Razor Strop Company (http://www.thewellshavedgentleman.com/)

An Apollo
A Mulcuto
An Art Deco (no-name)

These are beautiful and better than I expected. Tony is a great guy to deal with and I highly recommend visiting his site! :thumbup:

castlecraver
12-20-2006, 04:00 PM
A score from Tony Miller:

Hoffritz Slant Bar
http://badgerandblade.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=5113

And for those of you who want a comparison with the Merkur (gold, on left)

http://badgerandblade.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=5114

I stuck some old blades in each to show the separation from the safety bar. Looks mighty aggressive!

180gVinyl
12-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Floris Santal shaving cream

150ml - 6.50 - ebay.co.uk

Dunhill Edition EdT

50ml - 5.53 - ebay.co.uk

Dinder1
12-20-2006, 05:11 PM

Thanks for the help Mr.1 :thumbup:

Very nice Jim! Make sure that you pre-heat the carafe, and use that stirring trick.:wink:
DJ.

TraderJoe
12-20-2006, 06:07 PM
:drool:

Mama Bear Score! Can't wait to try the Aftershave Milk and Tuscan Memories :drool: And, these body soaps look fantastic. I actually just used the "Issy" Soap to wash my hands :thumbsup: Mama Bear is too classy to say so, but this stuff is da BOMB!!! Wow, I have NEVER used a soap that has left my skin feeling this conditioned. Unbelievable. I have tried a literal boatload of bath soaps in my life and I have never experienced anything like this. Guys - do yourself a favor and add a bar or three of this to your next order. Before I buy her out!!!!

Excuse my boldness....I am just very serious about this soap.

Em's Place....doesn't get a lot of mention around here, but the curiosity got the best of me:

berzerkeleyan
12-20-2006, 06:19 PM
Mama Bear Score!

Em's Place....

Ya just couldn't wait 'til Christmas morning, could ya? tsk tsk :hand:

Awesome haul, TJ. :thumbup1: I hope you like Em's stuff. I've liked what I've ordered from her.

crackstar
12-20-2006, 07:34 PM
what a haul, bro, ENJOY!!!!!!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Jeff

Mama Bear
12-20-2006, 08:20 PM

Mama Bear Score! Can't wait to try the Aftershave Milk and Tuscan Memories :drool: And, these body soaps look fantastic. [SIZE=3]I actually just used the "Issy" Soap to wash my hands :thumbsup: Mama Bear is too classy to say so, but this stuff is da BOMB!!! Wow, I have NEVER used a soap that has left my skin feeling this conditioned. Unbelievable. I have tried a literal boatload of bath soaps in my life and I have never experienced anything like this. Guys - do yourself a favor and add a bar or three of this to your next order. Before I buy her out!!!!
[SIZE=2]

I think this soap is the bomb too.... lol :lol: :wink: I have three bars left only of my origional shipment but I have Bill hard at work and I am cracking the whip... we should have more ready to go after the holidays.... wait till I get some of the butter soap in..... omg.. it is decadant!

btw Joe, you got the last of the actual Giovanni's Tuscan Memories shaving soap... I don't know that I will ever be able to dupicate that, so enjoy it! It is the best blend I have ever done...

TraderJoe
12-20-2006, 08:24 PM
have three bars left only of my origional shipment

which ones?

Mama Bear
12-20-2006, 08:28 PM

which ones?

2 almond and 1 juniper breeze... :smile:

Queen of Blades
12-20-2006, 09:17 PM
Jenna with Santa picture

http://badgerandblade.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=5117

And yes she told Santa what she wants for Christmas. Her words exactly, "I want Cabbage Patch babies!" :thumbup:

Austin
12-20-2006, 09:34 PM
Joanna that picture is a keeper.

Queen of Blades
12-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Joanna that picture is a keeper.

Thank you.

It took long enough to get Jenna to look in the proper direction. She was very excited. :laugh:

PalmettoB
12-20-2006, 10:07 PM
btw Joe, you got the last of the actual Giovanni's Tuscan Memories shaving soap... I don't know that I will ever be able to dupicate that, so enjoy it!

:crying: That's mighty sad!

It is the best blend I have ever done...

But as for the soap itself...:thumbup: AWESOME stuff!

PalmettoB
12-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Hey JoAnna...that picture...priceless! :001_wub: She's such a cutie!

Edcculus
12-21-2006, 12:34 AM
I scored a bottle of C.O. Bigelow Apothecaries Bay Rum afteshave balm. My AD got the best of me while at Bath and Body works getting presents for my mom and girlfriend.

I'll have more about this in the Aftershave forum.

btw Joe, you got the last of the actual Giovanni's Tuscan Memories shaving soap... I don't know that I will ever be able to dupicate that, so enjoy it! It is the best blend I have ever done...

I think I just shed a tear sue:crying:

I guess its time for me to post in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum and buy up every last puck thats out there.:biggrin:

Queen of Blades
12-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Jenna says, Thank you Mama Bear!

Now I'll never get her out of the tub! :lol:

http://badgerandblade.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=5122

tryphon
12-21-2006, 09:54 AM

Dear Sue, you've got to make more, and keep the formula exactly as it is. I am so proud of the fact that your wonderful soap carries my name. You did all the work and you are the best!
Giovanni

Ben
12-21-2006, 11:59 AM

A Technivorm. You lucky bastard. :sneaky2:

Mama Bear
12-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Dear Sue, you've got to make more, and keep the formula exactly as it is. I am so proud of the fact that your wonderful soap carries my name. You did all the work and you are the best!
Giovanni

I took your name off of it because it is not exactly the same anymore... I am ordering some spearmint.. I didn't have enough for this batch and I added peppermint, but it does not smell the same. It is just Tuscan Memories now... BUT, when I get more of the spearmint in, I am determined to duplicate it... it will just take a little time.

Who would have known how good that would turn out to be.. I HAVE to duplicate it. it is still good.. just not AS good, you know??

Dinder1
12-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Just in, a beautiful SR-3324 in ebony.
Thanks for the fantastic brush Charles!

PalmettoB
12-21-2006, 04:43 PM
In Mama Bear we trust.

berzerkeleyan
12-21-2006, 06:33 PM
Got it from eBay: a vintage John Jay straight razor. It's in better shape than I was expecting. :drool: I also got a old Clauss SR, but it's not quite as fetching.

This is probably the wrong place to ask, but are there honemeisters on this forum who might want to help me get these shave-ready?

SSLStudio
12-21-2006, 07:00 PM

Mama Bear Score! Can't wait to try the Aftershave Milk and Tuscan Memories :drool: And, these body soaps look fantastic. I actually just used the "Issy" Soap to wash my hands :thumbsup: Mama Bear is too classy to say so, but this stuff is da BOMB!!! Wow, I have NEVER used a soap that has left my skin feeling this conditioned. Unbelievable. I have tried a literal boatload of bath soaps in my life and I have never experienced anything like this. Guys - do yourself a favor and add a bar or three of this to your next order. Before I buy her out!!!!

Em's Place....doesn't get a lot of mention around here, but the curiosity got the best of me:

Holy Cr#$p that is some nice Haul !

but more importantly You changed the Baby Avatar again ! Hilarious another one !!!!!!!! I keep track of Joe just for his babies... that didnt sound good did it ? :blink:

Mama Bear
12-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Jenna says, Thank you Mama Bear!

Now I'll never get her out of the tub! :lol:

http://badgerandblade.com/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=5122

I am so nuts about that little girl.... she has me wrapped around her little finger and I haven't even met her yet... I can't wait to give her a hug in person... Hugs to Jenna...!! There isn't much i wouldn't do for her... :smile:

Jo, you better bring her out to see me this summer or I will cut you off of shaving soap.... ;-)

Queen of Blades
12-21-2006, 07:11 PM
I am so nuts about that little girl.... she has me wrapped around her little finger and I haven't even met her yet... I can't wait to give her a hug in person... Hugs to Jenna...!! There isn't much i wouldn't do for her... :smile:

Jo, you better bring her out to see me this summer or I will cut you off of shaving soap.... ;-)

She takes after her mother. :lol:

I don't know about a visit Sue. Maybe some of your top secret shaving cream can convince me. :biggrin:

Mama Bear
12-21-2006, 07:14 PM
She takes after her mother. :lol:

I don't know about a visit Sue. Maybe some of your top secret shaving cream can convince me. :biggrin:

I don't know anything about shaving cream... :scared: :001_tt2:

Bring her out... or I'll... I'll.... um... er... I'll. ...........
Crap. Please, Please bring her out to see me... :001_wub:

Queen of Blades
12-21-2006, 07:19 PM
I don't know anything about shaving cream... :scared: :001_tt2:

Bring her out... or I'll... I'll.... um... er... I'll. ...........
Crap. Please, Please bring her out to see me... :001_wub:

We'll see. :biggrin1:

Mama Bear
12-21-2006, 07:22 PM
We'll see. :biggrin1:

what kind of shaving cream do you want..... :eek:
rotten woman.... :blushing: :blush:

Is it just me... do I capitulate to her everytime... or does Jo have ALL of us wrapped around her darn finger..... ggggrrrrrrrrrrr

Queen of Blades
12-21-2006, 07:24 PM
what kind of shaving cream do you want..... :eek:
rotten woman.... :blushing: :blush:

Is it just me... do I capitulate to her everytime... or does Jo have ALL of us wrapped around her darn finger..... ggggrrrrrrrrrrr

:001_tt2:

joel
12-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Jeff.... yer gonna be jealooous.

From 2 different "special friends" -

#1 - a Tin of squadron leader pipe tobacco (smells delicious)

#2 - a drop dead gorgeous extra large smooth dublin style (with genuine sterling silver collar) I.M.P. Meerschaum tobacco pipe.

Schweet!

Mama Bear
12-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Jeff.... yer gonna be jealooous.

From 2 different "special friends" -

#1 - a Tin of squadron leader pipe tobacco (smells delicious)

#2 - a drop dead gorgeous extra large smooth dublin style (with genuine sterling silver collar) I.M.P. Meerschaum tobacco pipe.

Schweet!

Holy Moley... I want to see a picture of that pipe Joel..... Please? :001_wub:

joel
12-21-2006, 08:29 PM
Holy Moley... I want to see a picture of that pipe Joel..... Please? :001_wub:

It'll be in the IOTD section tomorrow :wink:

Amyn
12-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Score for this week
Laurel and Hardy (Slim Boy & Fat Boy)
Truefitt & Hill Super Badger brush w/ Metal Handle
Savile Row Travel Brush
100 Israeli Personnas
100 Derbys
AND my sanity

Limey
12-22-2006, 03:04 PM
Amyn - very nice score. Now you need some soaps, creams and such to go along with the razors, blades and brushes!

crackstar
12-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Joel, Happy Belated Chanukkah and enjoy!

Jeff

Amyn
12-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Amyn - very nice score. Now you need some soaps, creams and such to go along with the razors, blades and brushes!

Indeed...

although the crystal ball sees a B&B brush(es)? in my future :biggrin:

oh man i cant wait

crackstar
12-22-2006, 04:47 PM
ok, now it's my turn to be a proverbial late Santa of sorts....

Stuff to be sent away to some of my homies here after the holidays

4x Florena
4x Williams soap
4x Wilkinson blue bowls
2x Kappus Nautik
2x Kappus Aloe

that's only some of it!

Creams from Pakistan and India, and Turkey (not Arko)

you guys know who you are, so get ready for some fantastic stuff, from me!

Jeff

xChris
12-23-2006, 03:31 AM
Out of curiosity and novelty...

Wilkinson Sword "Classic" DE
Palmolive Sensitive cream
Palmolive Shave Stick

The trio was acquired for under 5.00

madmedic
12-23-2006, 07:03 AM
Feather Portable Razor.

Looks like a Tech....but he handle is much heavier. Very nice:biggrin:

Brian

Stauff
12-23-2006, 11:36 AM
Taylor of Old Bond Street 'Mr. Taylor cream' :biggrin: :biggrin:

SSLStudio
12-23-2006, 03:58 PM
- 2nd delivery back order Sharps 3000.
- Il Vero Rasojo Antisettico 205 -1922 (Rudolf Schmidt .Solingen ) brand new old stock Straight is going directly to Lynn Abrams to be honed. will post better pics when I hold it in my hands was found coverd in Barbers Talc to protect the blade.
- Glenfiddich 12 Years single Malt Whisky.:drool:

TraderJoe
12-23-2006, 04:54 PM
JR Ligget's Shampoo Cube
JR Ligget's Foaming Face Wash (White Sage scented) - very nice, all natural made with conditioning oils.

Aqua Velva :cool:
Palmolive Red
Nivea Mentholated ASB :cool:

:cool: feeding the habit

modern man
12-24-2006, 04:40 PM
New bowl. SWMBO got tired of me using her kitchen stuff!

Its got a lota cool design things in the glass, sorry the pic is bad.

TraderJoe
12-24-2006, 04:58 PM
New bowl.

Nice! :biggrin:

I also got a new bowl, and have a pic of it but can't upload...will have to wait til I get back to chicago.

Its a very heavy(thick), deep blue bowl with "Irish" [for Notre Dame] in yellow lettering on the side. :thumbup1:

Keeps the lather very warm, throughout the whole shave due to its depth and the thickness :biggrin:

BeachBum
12-24-2006, 05:08 PM
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7290/dsc00003fl1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Rooney style 1 small super silvertip.:laugh: Super soft, very nice.

crackstar
12-24-2006, 05:29 PM
my parents flew up here from Florida for a week to see us, and they brought us some gifts!

For me:

2x Col. Conk Bay Rum shaving soap
2x Pinaud Bay Rum aftershave
a lovely gold choker chain

for my beautiful wife Corinne:

a gorgeous gold bracelet
Must de Cartier eau de parfum

for our adorable 4 year old recently adopted daughter Ilana:
a pair of cute little gold earrings, and some cartoon books!

Jeff

modern man
12-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Nice! :biggrin:

I also got a new bowl, and have a pic of it but can't upload...will have to wait til I get back to chicago.

Its a very heavy(thick), deep blue bowl with "Irish" [for Notre Dame] in yellow lettering on the side. :thumbup1:

Keeps the lather very warm, throughout the whole shave due to its depth and the thickness :biggrin:

Mine is just an el chepo form Target. I would rather you have PSU but its ok buddy. :thumbup:

TraderJoe
12-26-2006, 09:38 AM
I would rather you have PSU but its ok buddy. :thumbup:

:lol: over my dead body!

modern man
12-26-2006, 09:45 AM
:lol: over my dead body!

You are lucky you are an alum!

:a11:

boboakalfb
12-26-2006, 10:22 AM
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/7290/dsc00003fl1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Rooney style 1 small super silvertip.:laugh: Super soft, very nice.

You will like it. It does a great job for a little guy. :thumbup1: