What's new

You can win a FREE Captain's Choice coffee mug - step right up!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Tragedy!
I have the old style mug, but it has been replaced for regular use by this newer tankard style.
I had a cup this morning, and while walking in to get a refill, my German Shepherd ran past me and knocked her head into my tankard.
I watched helplessly in horror as it somersaulted in an arc to the kitchen floor where it broke into pieces.
:sad:
I'm using my older style now until I get a replacement ordered.
Not a great start to the day!
On the upside, I might as well see what else finds its way into my shopping cart when I order a replacement.
Come to think of it, maybe not such a bad start to the day afterall!!

Sorry to hear that. I use mine everyday. Mine gets a quick run around with a dish brush, rinsed, and put back on the coffee machine for the next day. They are great aren't they.

Tragedy!
I have the old style mug, but it has been replaced for regular use by this newer tankard style.
I had a cup this morning, and while walking in to get a refill, my German Shepherd ran past me and knocked her head into my tankard.
I watched helplessly in horror as it somersaulted in an arc to the kitchen floor where it broke into pieces.
:sad:
I'm using my older style now until I get a replacement ordered.
Not a great start to the day!
On the upside, I might as well see what else finds its way into my shopping cart when I order a replacement.
Come to think of it, maybe not such a bad start to the day afterall!!
Ugh, just ugh. I guess that would be the advantage of having fish in an aquarium instead of a German Shepherd, as gorgeous as they are.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ugh, just ugh. I guess that would be the advantage of having fish in an aquarium instead of a German Shepherd, as gorgeous as they are.
True enough, but it's just a bad idea to try to play catch the ball with a fish.
Don't ask.

Anyway - done deal.
Got some aftershaves I've been meaning to get and keep forgetting.

Image1.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have been leaning towards getting a German Shepherd for awhile now. Such a majestic looking creature.

Or at least a rescue with some Shepard blood. So dedicated, and my son should be replaced with something for me and my lovely best friend to dote on!

I have been leaning towards getting a German Shepherd for awhile now. Such a majestic looking creature.
They are an amazing breed, natural guardians. Their posture seems to be they are on assignment - always alert.

This happened to me a few years ago. On a walk and a lady coming toward me with a German Shepherd. I stopped to visit with her about the breed. It was her third, loves the breed, etc. The whole time we are talking the dog positioned himself right next to her leg. Not between she and I but quite available if needed. He would look around and then look back to me, look around and back to my face, always checking on me ...

It was a light-hearted conversation, friendly in nature, laughter, etc. As we wrapped up I commented about how obedient he was. She said that if even my tone of voice had changed he would have first positioned himself between us. Next - well, she said you don't want to know!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
They are an amazing breed, natural guardians. Their posture seems to be they are on assignment - always alert.

This happened to me a few years ago. On a walk and a lady coming toward me with a German Shepherd. I stopped to visit with her about the breed. It was her third, loves the breed, etc. The whole time we are talking the dog positioned himself right next to her leg. Not between she and I but quite available if needed. He would look around and then look back to me, look around and back to my face, always checking on me ...

It was a light-hearted conversation, friendly in nature, laughter, etc. As we wrapped up I commented about how obedient he was. She said that if even my tone of voice had changed he would have first positioned himself between us. Next - well, she said you don't want to know!
Thanks for that information. I had a customer that bred the breed and was quite successful in having people showing them for him, etc.

They were, like my dachshunds were to me, like family. I miss my dogs, but my cats are definitely more low maintenance!

Top Bottom