What's new

World Series 2023 Two Wild Card Teams

Being outside Phoenix found out the Diamond Backs play the Rangers in World Series. Sure the City Fathers in both cities hosting game will bark about big boost for economy. Just check first game tickets are 600ish to over 4,000ish per seat. Crazy prices.

Last time we had Super Bowl in PHX I heard about all the money that came to town, still waiting for my Resident Royalty Check.

Was thinking Phoenix should be nuts again, will Resorts, Restaurants, and Rent A Cars companies jacking up prices.

Sorry Baseball fan I find game Boring, recall years ago going to a Game at Dodger Stadium, Dodger v/s Mets, guy name Sandy was pitching, he threw no hitter. I did not get excitement.

Color me weird.

I think a baseball game can be interesting, even a defensive struggle / no hitter, if one is familiar with the teams and individual players. But since baseball and most sports have gone to cable I stopped watching. Having the World Series show up on prime time broadcast TV doesn't interest me too much when all the players are unknown.

But it must be fun when the Series comes to your hometown. As the level of play and drama peaks in the post season.

Baseball!! The game of chewing large wads of gum...spitting sunflower seed shells and "adjusting" one's self at the plate..is far too boring to me. Not certain as to whether or not the pitch clock has increased game speed.

Football is my game!

Sorry Baseball fan I find game Boring, recall years ago going to a Game at Dodger Stadium, Dodger v/s Mets, guy name Sandy was pitching, he threw no hitter. I did not get excitement.

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue 600.jpg

I don't follow baseball much during the regular season anymore. There are a few reasons, including the fact you have to pay for broadcasts of the Indians (I'll never call them Guardians) and Reds. But I still enjoy the game on a level I love no other. I confess I'm a pro football nerd but there's a special place for baseball, its history, traditions, strategies, etc.
I have followed the playoffs closely and I'm pleased to see this matchup in the World Series. They're two teams that weren't given a chance to get this far so it's fun to see.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Baseball is definitely not for those with short attention spans. But if you know the game and understand the strategy that the managers use it can be very interesting, maybe not exciting, but still interesting. Scouting hitter A and knowing which pitchers you have in your bullpen that stand a better chance striking out hitter A and then strategically bringing that pitcher in for 1/3 of an inning when hitter A is at bat is all about strategy.

Baseball is definitely not for those with short attention spans. But if you know the game and understand the strategy that the managers use it can be very interesting, maybe not exciting, but still interesting. Scouting hitter A and knowing which pitchers you have in your bullpen that stand a better chance striking out hitter A and then strategically bringing that pitcher in for 1/3 of an inning when hitter A is at bat is all about strategy.
But it was all more fun in the day you could smoke a nice cigar and watch the game.:001_smile

You don't like modern football as the players wear pads and protect their long term health with helmets and safety precautions.

You don't like old time baseball or modern baseball, even being present for Sandy Koufax pitching a home stadium no hitter and being witness to one of the greatest pitchers of all time and complaining.

Sports aren't for everyone.

Top Bottom