What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Wow ! This amount lasts at least 50 years for me 🤔
Im’a one and done shaver but I plan on converting my oldest son when he comes home from school next month for summer break. Hope to send him back to Pittsburgh wet shaving. Also when my youngest starts shaving I’ll have plenty for him. Plus just like in my cigar and pipe tobacco days, buy more when you can, trade for others when you can’t.

I ordered a pack of the yellow and pink Flying Eagle blades on a lark after reading this thread: GIVEAWAY! - Participation PIF: Surf vs Turf - Battle of the Beast Blades!! - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/participation-pif-surf-vs-turf-battle-of-the-beast-blades.641425/post-12324496

I would have preferred the pink and blue ones but there was no listing on AliExpress.

I purchased a couple of packs of Jianyu ,as soon as they arrived when I opened them I verified that they cannot be used for shaving.
Immediately trashed them.
I don't know if I was unlucky.

I would like to try the pink and blue Flying Eagle pack, where can you buy it?

IMG_20240421_173116618.jpg

Stocking up for the next generation.

Gillette Silver/Blue 100 count - new guy here, I went for these based on reading about others experience. Cut my self on my first DE razor headshave tonight. No big deal - I have to learn pressure and angle - it was a learning cut.
That was a great choice. GSBs or Russian Astra SP (green) would be my top choice for a newbie since they’re so smooth. With the GSB being a tad sharper on average.

In the future it may be worth picking up a tuck of each Astra SP, Nacet, Permasharp, Wizamet, 7 O’clock Yellow SharpEdge, Wilkinson Swords (German & India), Personna Comfort Coated, & Personna Platinum.

Most of these will likely be gone a year from now since they’re Russian so stock up on your favorite. At the very least try the first 3-4 on my list.

And as a newbie try adding no pressure when you shave. I think a lot of people still add slight pressure and it’s how I shaved in the beginning but eventually I stopped applying pressure entirely and let the weight of the razors head do the cutting and the shaves are so much smoother now. It’s why I like a heavier razor since the weight cuts. I hold at the top of the handle the furthest point from the head and let the head sort of fall to my face. The main point is applying no pressure… it may feel odd starting out but try it and see how it goes.

That was a great choice. GSBs or Russian Astra SP (green) would be my top choice for a newbie since they’re so smooth. With the GSB being a tad sharper on average.

In the future it may be worth picking up a tuck of each Astra SP, Nacet, Permasharp, Wizamet, 7 O’clock Yellow SharpEdge, Wilkinson Swords (German & India), Personna Comfort Coated, & Personna Platinum.

Most of these will likely be gone a year from now since they’re Russian so stock up on your favorite. At the very least try the first 3-4 on my list.

And as a newbie try adding no pressure when you shave. I think a lot of people still add slight pressure and it’s how I shaved in the beginning but eventually I stopped applying pressure entirely and let the weight of the razors head do the cutting and the shaves are so much smoother now. It’s why I like a heavier razor since the weight cuts. I hold at the top of the handle the furthest point from the head and let the head sort of fall to my face. The main point is applying no pressure… it may feel odd starting out but try it and see how it goes.
I do not like all the blades produced in Russia by PPI and I am not crazy about the Astra, although I use them frequently.

The German Wilkinson Sword blade is the worst for me, even worse the Wilkinson Economie are blades that do not cut and tear the hair on my skin

I will soon stock up on GSBs before my fear and anxiety increases that they might disappear or no longer be made in Russia by PPI.

Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered 100 Astra SP and also Nacet to try. I think I have about a three year supply now!

Top Bottom