What's new

What Liquor Did You Get for Christmas?

Some excellent scotch being given as presents here. Particularly impressed by the Highland Park 12 and 18yo's along with the Ardbeg 10 yo, which is, to my mind, the best of the Islay "big 3".

I've received some Glenfiddich 18, which I'm interested to try as I wasn't at all impressed with their 12yo offering. Also got some Bombay Sapphire Gin, which I've heard nothing but good things about.

Just a shame I'm not allowed to drink for a month :thumbdown When (if) I'm allowed to drink again, I'll be getting myself some Springbank 10yo, which is meant to be excellent.

Woodford Double Oaked from my brother :thumbup:

Glenlivet 12 from my mother (hey, it is the thought that counts here--GL 12 beats no Scotch at all, amiright?)

...I'll be getting myself some Springbank 10yo, which is meant to be excellent.

A fine choice. The 10 year 100 proof is interesting as well. And the 12 year old cask strength. O.k., I pretty much like everything made at Springbank (Longrow included) except the 15 year old which doesn't do much for me.

Woodford Reserve Bourbon from my wife. I am not an aficionado at all but I do enjoy a little good sipping bourbon once in a while. I think WR could be a stable in the cabinet! Smooth, rich, and some interesting character.

My wife and I are not really big drinkers. The occasional daiquiri, cocktail, or even less often a glass of wine is about all we drink. However, when my big brother comes into town, we tend to make up for our abstinence with a bit of gusto. When he found out that I'd never tried gin, and my wife's newfound favorite drink was an Amaretto Sour, he proceeded to drag me to Winn Dixie and stock up. He got the biggest bottles of Disaronno, New Amsterdam, and Skyy that were available, along with all the appropriate mixers (Tonic, lemon sour mix, cherries, etc).

His stated intention was to pack all this stuff in his checked bag for his flight home, but after his family departed, we found everything stashed away in our pantry. I can't honestly say I'm upset.

But I wish he hadn't spent all that money on us. Needless to say, after the toddler and puppy are asleep tonight... there will be some drinkin' to be done.

:a54:

Crown Royal Reserve.

The one in the tan bag. MMMMMmmmmmmmmm...... :biggrin1:

I never acquired a taste for Crown Royal but it was Cadillac to my Old Man (dad) who has been deceased for these past 11 months. He lived a long and mobile life and I have to wonder if a little snort of CR didn't help him get there ? He was over 80 and still a ladies man, too! I hope I have a lot of his genes in me even though I am a Bourbon man with a new found liking for Islay Scotch...See what this forum(s) has done for me...OUCH. have you got your eyes on you rascal. you.
I'll always think of my dad when Crown Royal is mentioned....He was one in a million......so the ladies say :lol:
I miss ya dad....

Last edited:
Top Bottom