What's new

what a shiny canadian beauty <3

hey guys,
i have to share this beauty cause i'm overwhelmed how shiny and stunning this over 100years old canadian pocket edition is :001_tt1:. this is such a set which i would be look twice on ebay and maybe i would be warily if this razor is a replate or not... thats a set for CFM :tongue_sm. i scored it for such a less money on ebay last weekend. the last 10secs i prayed that no one will place a bid :blushing:. it is the first time that i have the blue bag too... besides i love the history about the set. you can look up that hotel in the www. The Cascade Hotel in Bankhead, Alberta was opened from 1904-22 known as "Red Boarding House" too. mhh but i couldnt find something about Jim Gregson... i've a question too. this set has no PC serial number just: 198889 but that doesnt mean that it is from 1906 or? cause the canadians didnt use the us serial numbers.

everything is so shiny and the plating of the razor is perfect. you need sunglasses :001_cool:
proxy.php

also so cap is beautiful
proxy.php

the blade box and the outer case too. the case is plated with chrome instead of silver as the razor. is it normal that canadian pockets plated with chrome?
proxy.php

marked with "Made in Canada". so far i didnt see any shell patterned pocket with inscriptions
proxy.php

even the plain end ball is shiny. SN 198889
proxy.php

the bottom of the case is just plain with no patent information
proxy.php

i'm jumping around the set cause i'm so happy to add this beauty to my collection. thanks for looking
@Porter: this one has the curious spiral indentation on the handle above the ball but very very slightly...
best regards from germany

Last edited:
thats a later edition shell pattern 501 pocket with a Brownie razor which was made in the 20's. the Canadians used a different ser # system than USA did.

thats a later edition shell pattern 501 pocket with a Brownie razor which was made in the 20's. the Canadians used a different ser # system than USA did.
alex, thats a thin handle canadian pocket edition with a ball without knurling. here you can see another thread about it. there is a candian pocket edition in in the krumholz book but there is not shown which pattern. ohh i see achim has the same set

alex, thats a thin handle canadian pocket edition with a ball without knurling. here you can see another thread about it. there is a candian pocket edition in in the krumholz book but there is not shown which pattern. ohh i see achim has the same set

oh, the USA versions had the Brownie razor in the later years sets.

Wow, what a beauty! A Canadian razor being used by a German. You have to love the way these beauties travel all over the world! Enjoy.

Rasierhobel - I have two of those type - nice to see another one actually! Yours is much nicer than either of mine - both are uncased, but I did only pay $2 and $12 for mine :)

I think these are fantastic old classics. Solid as all hell too. I think the handles are completely solid 1 piece. Beautiful!

/Ace

Ah! So you're human after all? :) Your knowledge hits me every time! Thank you for (almost) always sorting questions out.
sure he has a great knowledge about Gillette :)

Wow, what a beauty! A Canadian razor being used by a German. You have to love the way these beauties travel all over the world! Enjoy.
thats true, i love the little stories behind the razors and just wonder how this beauty came to europe

Rasierhobel - I have two of those type - nice to see another one actually! Yours is much nicer than either of mine - both are uncased, but I did only pay $2 and $12 for mine :)
I think these are fantastic old classics. Solid as all hell too. I think the handles are completely solid 1 piece. Beautiful!
/Ace
great scores :) mmh one piece you could be right. look at your twins, did they have the circled scratch/indentation above the ball on the handle?
i have a sibling too... but this one is ivory cased ;)
proxy.php

great scores :) mmh one piece you could be right. look at your twins, did they have the circled scratch/indentation above the ball on the handle?
i have a sibling too... but this one is ivory cased ;)

As a matter of fact yes. They both do have the scratch - something I found peculiar after I got the second one - is this a machining flaw? How peculiar...

$canball_1.jpg$canball_2.jpg

Last edited:
As a matter of fact yes. They both do have the scratch - something I found peculiar after I got the second one - is this a machining flaw? How peculiar...

Porter (MacDaddy) and me think so, yes.... and you are right, very peculiar

Last edited:
That is a really beautiful set. Congratulations on adding it to your collection. Really great!!

Top Bottom