What's new

Waist Expanders

This is an odd question, but here goes: My pants fit comfortably at the waist during the warm weather when I'm more active outdoors. Beginning in the Fall and throughout Winter, I gain a little weight every year, making my pants uncomfortably tight. By summer I've lost the winter weight. I've tried some different waist expander buttons and stretchy fabric but they all seem cheap though somewhat effective. Have any of you found a waist expander for that extra inch on the waist that is made well and works for you? (I realize that a belt covers up the waist expander and its cheap look and I don't want to buy two sets of the same trousers, one bigger in the waist for Fall and Winter.)

Assuming that you are in good health,
my recommendation.....

00c604a9-afc1-41d0-bdce-cacd9ee63e21.a520ec676fcbf942dca4acd0f25818ac.jpeg

Have not heard of waist expanders. Comfort waist yes, which I don't personally care for.

Why not purchase a few pairs larger for the winter?

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
When I first saw the subject line I was thinking cake. Cake is a great waist expander.

Treadmill is a good idea. Walking outside is even better, if you can stand the weather in your part of the world. Part of my problem is tucking in an undershirt and flannel shirt, neither of which I generally use in the summer. I found some nice pants at Banana Republic - traveler jeans - that come in 35". I usually wear 34, and it's difficult to find an increase of only one inch. Two inches, by the by, is uncomfortably big for me.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I live somewhere that summer and winter are different enough that I need different pants for each season. Of course, no matter how good I am at diet and exercise, the Canadian Winter is still the Canadian Winter.

1669327491637.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I live somewhere that summer and winter are different enough that I need different pants for each season. Of course, no matter how good I am at diet and exercise, the Canadian Winter is still the Canadian Winter.

View attachment 1561814
Amen, and Michigan is a close second.

I may try the waist expansion experiment on my pants, as I am already VERY good at the cake and pie theory of waist expansion...

• Haha
Reactions: ctr
When I first saw the subject line I was thinking cake. Cake is a great waist expander.

Treadmill is a good idea. Walking outside is even better, if you can stand the weather in your part of the world. Part of my problem is tucking in an undershirt and flannel shirt, neither of which I generally use in the summer. I found some nice pants at Banana Republic - traveler jeans - that come in 35". I usually wear 34, and it's difficult to find an increase of only one inch. Two inches, by the by, is uncomfortably big for me.
Yes. The combination of a little weight gain and tucking in more layers is the issue.

Have not heard of waist expanders. Comfort waist yes, which I don't personally care for.

Why not purchase a few pairs larger for the winter?
Terrific idea! I do have a couple pairs of slightly larger, winter-wear pants.

FarmerTan

It helps, but an hour burns an average of 572 calories (and an hour on an exercise bike better include a TV or a rope to hang myself) which, given how I cut cake, would leave me even for the day - assuming I don't have a piece of chocolate after lunch.
You are my long lost brother!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Wedding cake in particular. :)

FarmerTan

Wedding cake in particular. :)
This is one reason my wife and I have agreed to never repeat our vows. (The other is that of the couples that we know who HAVE done it, more than half ended up divorced eventually.

I ain't pushing my luck!

Top Bottom