What's new

Vermont State of Mind

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Just returned from a ”leaf peeping” tour of Vermont. What a stunning beautiful place, full of hearty and kind people. Stayed in a historic inn. Met lots of gents over morning coffee at general stores. Did the Cheese Trail, including Calvin Coolidge’s hometown Plymouth. Crossed into New Hampshire to see the Dartmouth campus. Drove through countless covered bridges. Tasted fresh maple syrup. Unwound and fell in love with Vermont.

One shaving note... after two weeks of travel using an underwhelming Spieck stick, I returned home to retry another stick, Arko!, and was blown away by the performance. Then added green Proraso preshave to the regimen and am having the best shaves in a long time.

Sometimes the best things in life are the simplest.

IMG_1877.jpegIMG_1869.jpegIMG_1899.jpegIMG_1875.jpeg

Welcome to the 802, only one area code needed! Montpelier has tried very hard to rebuild from the flooding it had this summer. I'm glad you got to visit our capital.

Speaking of Vermont, has anybody tried the shaving soap fro the Vermont Country Store catalogue? It's balsam scented I believe.

Speaking of Vermont, has anybody tried the shaving soap fro the Vermont Country Store catalogue? It's balsam scented I believe.
I haven't yet, but I do get their emails (used to get the catalog). Might have missed out since I can't find it on their website (or might be a catalog only item).

I haven't yet, but I do get their emails (used to get the catalog). Might have missed out since I can't find it on their website (or might be a catalog only item).
Doh! I was going on memory. Their catalog came the other day. I'll have to look to see if it's still in there.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Welcome to the 802, only one area code needed! Montpelier has tried very hard to rebuild from the flooding it had this summer. I'm glad you got to visit our capital.
Montpelier was one of many Vermont highlights. A state capitol with a mere population of 8,000, no McDonald’s, yet an amazing Famous Buddy Burgers. The 802 has it all. Here’s a pic of my lovely bride using the captured Revolutionary War cannon on the capitol steps to keep Vermont safe from Massachusetts.

IMG_1881.jpeg

Top Bottom