What's new

The Eagle - eerrr.... Bird has landed....

It looks like a gorgeous display piece more than a practical shaver.

It's JUST like a Iwasaki.... it takes a WICKED edge, it's a ***** to hone, but will give you the closest shave of your life.... it just takes forever to shave with. It's surprisingly well balanced and easy to use, but that tiny blade means rinsing the lather off the blade an incredible number of times, etc.

It probably gave me the closest shave I have ever experienced... but it just took a really long time. I'll have to try using it daily sometime for a few weeks and see if shaving time speeds up as you get used to it, but it's a really, really awesome razor.

I place stuff like this right in the "fantasy knife" category. Perhaps for some people, but they don't do much for me, either from a collectors or users standpoint. This isn't to say that they aren't of the highest quality, just that they fill a niche that I'm not part of.

http://www.agrussell.com/var/storage/variations/image/p/h/p/phpEWTE4q_550-.75x550_38424.jpg
proxy.php

Wow, a simplified form of that knife would make a wicked offhand dagger. What with those 4 points to trap and snap a blade, and the little punching blade on the pommel.

Joel, as a newly converted Thiers-Issard fan....does it shave better than your TI Silverwing???

Yes, however once again - like the Iwasaki is somewhat impractical to use as it takes such an awfully long time to shave with - and you better know what you're doing (honing wise) to tackle this one.

Part of what makes it such a wicked shaver is it's size.... so getting a different razor from him with the same steel in a more traditional size would defeat the purpose. If you're just looking for the closest shaving razor out there though.... this one is really hard to beat.

Again though... the pics are deceiving - it's like a 2 inch long 2/8ths or 3/8th's blade.

I have this razor, but in a more blue version.

I agree; great shaving blade, but just a bit more time involved.
My honing skills will need to make strides before tackling this one.

Top Bottom