What's new

The Chicagoland Earthquake Relief Fund

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you may have found out, there was a magnitude 3.8 earthquake near Chicago at approximately 4am CST on 2/10/10. The local economy has ground to hault as those affected couldn't get a full nights rest, causing them to be drowsy all day. The price of sugar and coffee has sky-rocketed causing chaos at the mercantile exchange. Your donation could help get things back on track. Please help!

I want to help.

Do I make my check payable to Richard Daley, Tony Rezko, George Ryan, or Rod Blagojevich? I have my checkbook ready

If I'm not mistaken, all proceeds are being run through two non-profits, the "It's [explicit]ing Golden Fund" and Sammy Sosa's "Fix my Face" fund.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
In light of the ongoing suffering in Haiti, do you really think this is anywhere near as funny as you intended it to be?

+1

Just because the button says "Submit New Thread" doesn't mean that you have to hit it. Write, reread and delete is always an option.

In light of the ongoing suffering in Haiti, do you really think this is anywhere near as funny as you intended it to be?

The intent of the joke was to poke fun at the insignificance of the event and how much news coverage it got when there is a real disaster caused by the same type of event in another part of the world. It is a joke more about crappy journalism than it is about an earthquake (thus the following jokes about Sammy Sosa's face and Blago). It's called satire. Not being able to recognize it would certainly make the joke appear to be in bad taste given the situation in Haiti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom