What's new

The 2011 Academy Award Winners :-)

I didn't think her hair looked bad... I don't know about her, but I think some women look better with short hair. For instance, the aforementioned Halle Berry.

I love movies. I don't care for the Academy Awards very much. It's gotten worse over the years as have the movies. I guess I'm just getting old. :tongue_sm

I didn't think her hair looked bad... I don't know about her, but I think some women look better with short hair. For instance, the aforementioned Halle Berry.

I thought she looked great in Blue Valentine, with long blonde hair. It was not that she looked bad with short hair so much that she looked a little unnerving! As if trying to make some statement about something that I could not parse out at all. If she were intentionally making a Jean Seberg reference, that would seem kind of weird!

I do not think I have seen HB in anything but short hair. She looks darn good though everytime I have seen her. Maybe a tad thin, which Michelle Wms certainly is not!

I thought she looked great in Blue Valentine, with long blonde hair. It was not that she looked bad with short hair so much that she looked a little unnerving! As if trying to make some statement about something that I could not parse out at all. If she were intentionally making a Jean Seberg reference, that would seem kind of weird!

I do not think I have seen HB in anything but short hair. She looks darn good though everytime I have seen her. Maybe a tad thin, which Michelle Wms certainly is not!

Here's a photo Michelle Williams (with Heath Ledger) from 2007:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm812620288/nm0931329

I think she just cuts her hair short sometimes. Or maybe it's for a movie. I don't think it had anything to do with Jean Seberg. She just has a facial shape that short hair looks good on.

Here's Halle Berry with long hair from 2009:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2650442496/nm0000932

She looks good either way, but I think I prefer the short hair.

- Badger and Blade Fashion and Gossip Correspondent SalvadorMontenegro :glare:

Is it just me or wasn't Toy Story 3 pretty epic? I seriously think this was the best movie this year. I have seen all of the 10 movies. My favorite is Toy Story 3, and yes I am 26. It had everything that past winners have had (romance, comedy, action, plot..etc). Perhaps we are not ready to give an animated film a Best Picture oscar. Also I agree that it has no actors in it, which kinda negates the voters to vote for it. I am just happy that a movie about Facebook didn't win.

Did anyone else find it irksome that they cut away from the "Remembrance" montage just to show Celine Dion singing? I understand that she's talented and that having a live singer this year was different than using the canned music of the past, but I thought it was really classless to cut from your tribute just to give the "Diva" a few more seconds of camera time.

Is it just me or wasn't Toy Story 3 pretty epic? I seriously think this was the best movie this year. I have seen all of the 10 movies. My favorite is Toy Story 3, and yes I am 26. It had everything that past winners have had (romance, comedy, action, plot..etc). Perhaps we are not ready to give an animated film a Best Picture oscar. Also I agree that it has no actors in it, which kinda negates the voters to vote for it. I am just happy that a movie about Facebook didn't win.

I disagree. Now let me preface this by saying that I am a Pixar Fanboy and I think that John Lasseter is one of the finest storytellers EVER. But not only was ,IMO of course, ToyStory 3 not one of the best pictures this last year but it wasn't even the best animated feature. Again IMO, How to train your Dragon AND the Legend of the Gardians the Owls of Ga'Hoole were both superior animated films. TS3 was a very good movie but it was a bit too much of a rehash of the same emotions that were presented in TS2.

Did anyone else find it irksome that they cut away from the "Remembrance" montage just to show Celine Dion singing? I understand that she's talented and that having a live singer this year was different than using the canned music of the past, but I thought it was really classless to cut from your tribute just to give the "Diva" a few more seconds of camera time.

It's funny you mention that, because, I must not have been very attentive, but I thought that they didn't do that this year. They do that every year, no matter who's singing and it's very irksome. I can't remember what year it was or who was singing, but one year they cut to a long shot of the singer and you had to practically squint to see the montage in the upper right portion of the screen.

I disagree. Now let me preface this by saying that I am a Pixar Fanboy and I think that John Lasseter is one of the finest storytellers EVER. But not only was ,IMO of course, ToyStory 3 not one of the best pictures this last year but it wasn't even the best animated feature. Again IMO, How to train your Dragon AND the Legend of the Gardians the Owls of Ga'Hoole were both superior animated films. TS3 was a very good movie but it was a bit too much of a rehash of the same emotions that were presented in TS2.

I actually haven't seen HTTYD. Also I don't remember much of TS2. I think the Academy always has an agenda. I thought the Wrestler was way better than Slumdog, Inglorious Basters was better then The Hurtlocker and Avatar, so on and so on. There are way better Indian films than Slumdog, just cause it was in English it wins??? I also thought that Sandra Bullock should not have received any Oscar, she played a rich white woman from the south, what a challenge!!! (Sarcasm)

I couldn't finish How to Train Your Dragon due to the distracting character accents. Why were there Scottish Vikings?! Every character sounded like a bad Shrek impersonation. Maybe I'll give it another go, but initially I hated it.

Top Bottom