What's new

Taking a break from straight razor

I've been straight razor shaving for over 50 years but had to have surgery on my right hand last week. This has forced me to use a double edged razor with my left hand and I hate it. Shaving with a straight not only gives the best shave but requires a skill that has to be developed over time. Never underestimate the pleasure and satisfaction we get from such a simple routine.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Heal up fast!

For decades during my working days, I used a Bic metal, and still do to shave my neck in the back. You can do worse, but as you know, you can also do a lot better.

I agree, DE shaving is to straight what cartridge is to DE.
There’s just such a gulf.
Straight razor shaving is the mildest, kindest, closest, most perfect shaving system known to man.
If I ever have to shave with a DE it just reminds me how good straight shaving is.
Hope you get well soon.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I've shaved with straights for the past five years and just for the heck of it, shaved with a DE for the month of October. I will be back with my straights tomorrow. I really missed the comfort and am looking forward to the pleasure. Hope you have a quick recovery and I'm sure your razors have missed you as much as you have missed them.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Heal up fast!

For decades during my working days, I used a Bic metal, and still do to shave my neck in the back. You can do worse, but as you know, you can also do a lot better.
Same here. I tried shaving the hair on my ear with a straight once and was simply astounded at how much blood could flow from such a small cut.

Top Bottom