What's new

Stumbled across a new (to me) cigar lounge

While away at a conference in Ventura, CA I came across a really great cigar lounge in town. Thought I would share some pictures and impressions. I would be curious to hear if any fellow brown leafers are familiar with this lounge.

The owner Vic was an excellent host and very friendly. As Vic explained, the prior owner of the lounge was going to close it a few years back. Vic and five other guys decided to go-in co-op style and buy the place, which they have owned for the past 6 years.

Here is a picture of me enjoying a cigar I picked up at the lounge -

20220529_134715.jpg

The interior is pretty spacious with cigar and pipe accessories to buy aa well as wall art posters and signs.
20220529_134720.jpg
20220529_134734.jpg
20220529_140120.jpg
20220529_140130.jpg
20220529_140134.jpg

The lounge also had a large screen and a smaller screen T.V. The dodgers game last Saturday on one and golf on another. The lounge is usually frequented by a bunch of guys that stop by after a few rounds of golf.

Everyone was really nice and one of the co-owners that also owns an Italian restaurant in Ventura, brought pounds of smoked pork and homemade coleslaw to make sliders -

20220529_142238.jpg

All-in-all, a great way to spend my afternoon before my conference started.

Tim

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
While away at a conference in Ventura, CA I came across a really great cigar lounge in town. Thought I would share some pictures and impressions. I would be curious to hear if any fellow brown leafers are familiar with this lounge.

The owner Vic was an excellent host and very friendly. As Vic explained, the prior owner of the lounge was going to close it a few years back. Vic and five other guys decided to go-in co-op style and buy the place, which they have owned for the past 6 years.

Here is a picture of me enjoying a cigar I picked up at the lounge -

View attachment 1467478

The interior is pretty spacious with cigar and pipe accessories to buy aa well as wall art posters and signs.
View attachment 1467480View attachment 1467481View attachment 1467482View attachment 1467483View attachment 1467484

The lounge also had a large screen and a smaller screen T.V. The dodgers game last Saturday on one and golf on another. The lounge is usually frequented by a bunch of guys that stop by after a few rounds of golf.

Everyone was really nice and one of the co-owners that also owns an Italian restaurant in Ventura, brought pounds of smoked pork and homemade coleslaw to make sliders -

View attachment 1467485

All-in-all, a great way to spend my afternoon before my conference started.

Tim
Oddly enough, I’ve been to that cigar lounge a few times, mostly to pick up a few pipe blends and a couple cigars. I was stationed out there for 9 yrs while in the Navy. Cool 😎 place to visit!

Oddly enough, I’ve been to that cigar lounge a few times, mostly to pick up a few pipe blends and a couple cigars. I was stationed out there for 9 yrs while in the Navy. Cool 😎 place to visit!
Wow, that is a pretty remarkable coincidence! I wish I had more time to get over to the cigar lounge but this infectious disease scientific conference is pretty unrelenting. You are up by 7:30 am and don't finish until 9:30 pm with a block of free time from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Unfortunately, the lounge is not open that early in the day or at least not anymore.

Tim

Top Bottom