What's new

Straight razor ID

Good morning
I have this razor for a year now and I love it.
I tried to find information about the company and the maker but there was nothing in the net.
I was wondering if there is someone who has some information about the company MEUNIER MACON or the producer of the razor.
Thank you in advance
IMG-69059687ad7cb7d0d675e7f6b6a32108-V.jpg
IMG-2bacb11174b3a7c026921bbbca1c0471-V.jpg

Interesting one!

The Macon(nais) is region of southern Burgundy which takes its name from the town of Macon, just north of Lyon and north-east of Thiers.

Meunier will be family / company name, though it might be a little difficult to research about, it's probably quite a common surname in that part of rural France I imagine.

Imported allemagne - is the French name for Germany, so this was made in Solingen for a French importer specifically.

The 10 year guarantee always makes me think of Ern as they made blades with all different kinds of importers from all over Europe, and almost always put a 10 year guarantee on their blades, but the shoulderless design with the divet is not something I recall ever seeing on an Ern, rather more commonly on Japanese made straight razors. It's an interesting razor, but the Solingen maker is a mystery to me.

Anyone else can think of a Solingen maker who used that shoulderless divet on the shank design?

Thank for your comments
I guess the mystery will stay for a long time.
One thing is for sure- this razor is a really fine shaver.
easy to hone on the right stone and a pleasure to shave with.

received_923377165745477.jpeg
20230412_204243.jpg

Top Bottom