What's new

Stone Vertical Epic!

It's that time of year but it's so much more than that. For nearly a decade (I hopped on in 2003 a year after it started) I have been collecting a couple bottles a year and waiting patiently for 12.12.12 (12 December 2012) to drink what I think was the first conceptual longitudinal flight of craft beers, designed to be aged and enjoyed on the culminating date of 12.12.12. It's certainly something to do when the Mayan calendar takes us all down.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is planning to crack open a series of these beers soon and if so what or how do you plan to do it? I'm thinking of a New Years celebration with some of my closest beer-drinking friends personally. I just need and 08.08.08 to make it complete (long story). Somehow I ended up with extra 06's and 09's (thinking about Jimi Hendrix right about now).

I've had a few of them, not a fan of last year's beer (or any chile beer really). I haven't been collecting them, but for the most part the ones I've tried have been very good. Part of me wants to head down to the brewery and see if something special is going on for the end of the epic.

I've had a few of them, not a fan of last year's beer (or any chile beer really). I haven't been collecting them, but for the most part the ones I've tried have been very good. Part of me wants to head down to the brewery and see if something special is going on for the end of the epic.
I was hoping you'd have great things to say about the '11; I had to pick some up since 11/11/11 was our 5-year wedding anniversary, even though I wasn't overly excited about the description of the beer...

It might have mellowed with age, it was just VERY chile forward when I had it. Admittedly, I had it the day it came out and on the Stone premises, so it was hyper-fresh. It was really the sort of beer that probably evolves a bit so you might be alright at this point.

Picked up the 12/12/12 today at a local store for $7, will try my best to hang on to it for a while before opening...

Today's the day!
But I'll probably hold off until New Years...or the Solstice.
Still need an '08, though, kinda bummed about that.

Today's the day!
But I'll probably hold off until New Years...or the Solstice.
Still need an '08, though, kinda bummed about that.
Where are you located? I have a friend who's been collecting these, I'll see if he has any extra he's willing to part with and if so maybe I can send it to you

My buddy just went to the tasting on 12/12/12 at Stone. Very jealous. Three ounce tasters of the whole series plus a few varieties on tap that were aged in different barrels (bourbon, french oak, etc). He also bought 2 complete sets of 22s for $500. Not a bad deal considering some of the bottles go for $400 ea.

http://www.stonebrewing.com/epic12/

Ben

Last edited:
Top Bottom