What's new

FS Starter bundle/den clearing

Included:

C&E best badger brush. If not mistaken, I believe it's 21/53 knot/loft, identical to the EJ BBB. Bought in 2012, used on and off for about 2 years, then cleaned and put in storage. Sheds the rare hair every now and then, but seems to have quite a bit of life left. Soft brush, low backbone. Still face lathered okay for me until I splurged on a new one.

Gillette superspeed (1940s pre-date code, I believe). User grade condition, brassing on the bottom of the head, good finish otherwise. Good razor, I just have ones that work better for me now.

Nearly full (95+%) Tabac and Arko pucks. I very hopefully tried the Tabac about 10 times before deciding that this is very much a case of YMMV for me. Tore my neck up every time. I didn't mind Arko's scent, but it was the same story. I also have very hard water, which might factor in. Soft tallow soaps work well for me but these triple-milled tallow bricks don't. Both come in Pyrex (I think) dishes that make great lather containers!

Would like to sell all together. Happy to include a few razor blade samples if that helps. Unsure about pricing, for now asking $50 shipped ConUS.

BB1.jpg

bb2.jpg

bb3.jpg

bb4.jpg

Last edited:
Very fair pricing for the bundle! I haven't seen a C&E brush in a long time. That was the brush recommended by this forum for those starting out long ago.

marty

Very fair pricing for the bundle! I haven't seen a C&E brush in a long time. That was the brush recommended by this forum for those starting out long ago.

marty
Indeed! That brush brings back memories; it's tucked away in a drawer somewhere but I should find it and add it back into rotation. Much better looking IMHO than the EJ version due to that little collar at the top. In some ways, it's incredible how much more widely traditional stuff is available these days (at Target, etc.) than was in the dark ages of the early 2000s, but it's sad to think of what a great outpost C&E was back then.

Top Bottom