What's new

Stands

B

Barney14

Do I need to use a razor and brush stand, the brush is synthetic.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

No, you don't absolutely need to use a razor and brush stand. You can just as easily, set a razor down on your shave den counter, on a shelf, in a medicine cabinet, or placed in a drawer. Brushes should remain out of drawers and medicine cabinets however until fully dried first, to prevent mold.

Having said that, I chose to get a razor and brush stand for two reasons.

( 1 ) The stand helps to organize my razors & brushes in one place.

( 2 ) The stand makes everything look better, which is great for my shave den.

proxy.php

proxy.php

B

Barney14

No, you don't absolutely need to use a razor and brush stand. You can just as easily, set a razor down on your shave den counter, on a shelf, in a medicine cabinet, or placed in a drawer. Brushes should remain out of drawers and medicine cabinets however until fully dried first, to prevent mold.

proxy.php

proxy.php
That's a well presented selection of razors and brushes

Stands are OK, I guess, but you don't really need one. If you are the type of person that collects some razors, brushes, soaps, blades, etc., you are going to need more flexible storage space to keep things orderly. I try to keep everything on a small set of shelves in another room. Razors go on a couple of trays lined with paper towels. Blades in some small metal boxes. Brushes on a shelf in cardboard tubes or standing on end to dry.

It depends on who is asking and why.

If it's your Significant Other who wants to know why you're spending so much on shaving equipment, then the answer is YES. A stand is absolutely a critical piece of equipment for shaving.

A stand is very helpful (though not required) when drying your brush. A stand is also helpful if you keep your razor and brush close to your sink (on a side cabinet or back of the sink). It'll keep the area tidy (which makes your SO happier).

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom

proxy.php

proxy.php
Thats a beautiful stand.

Top Bottom