What's new

Squeeze converter

I put the included squeeze converter on my Metro while the Con-50 was drying, and I bumped the pen a little bit once or twice on my desk by accident when taking it out of the drawer, and when I unscrewed the body of the pen, I noticed ink had leaked onto the outside of the converter from where it connects to the rest of the pen. Is this something I should worry about? The only reason I ask is because I thought the seal between the converter and the pen was supposed to be airtight even when bumped a little. Just didn't know if a little leakage is normal.

I have not used the squeeze converter that came with my Metro for ink, I only use it to clean the pen. I am sure that someone here has tried it though.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Make sure it is adequately engaged, I've never had any trouble with mine. Their squeezy is my favorite for one-handed use!

Again, the ink is liquid, so jostling of fountain pens is not recommended. :tongue_sm

Pilot pens require some additional effort to ensure that the converter is firmly seated. I have the squeeze bulb in my Metro and I have not had any problems with it.

Pilot pens require some additional effort to ensure that the converter is firmly seated. I have the squeeze bulb in my Metro and I have not had any problems with it.

+1, no problems here, but had to press fit it firmly in to make sure it was fully seated.

I made sure the converter was firmly inserted and haven't had any leakage problems yet. This reminds me of something my girlfriend's father said in passing once: "It isn't the size of the ship; it's the ability of the captain to stay securely docked until all passengers have safely disembarked." :lol:

Top Bottom