What's new

Softwear update.... recommendations

Well after using Proraso green and Celle since 2013 and now abdicated to Proraso Red (love that scent!) I Have PAA supreme sandalwood science coming... (soap and splash) since I love the Red Proraso so much. This also is the first non mainstream soap I ever ordered. Wondering if there are any recommendations since I haven't experimented with different soaps. Love the Proraso Azur lime beard oil, aftershave (it doesn't last at all however) and beard balm... Thanks!

What are you looking for in a soap? How important is scent or is it all about performance? PAA produced phenomenal soaps so that's a good place to start.

Maggards has many samples. Some for less than $2. Experimenting is half the fun.

Since you clearly like Italian soft soaps, try Cella Extra Extra Bio. Vitos being another Italian classic.

Or try an Italian Hard Puck: Saponificio Varesimo

Or handmade artisan...
Arianna and Evans
Declaration Grooming
Mike's Naturals
Tallow and Steel
Stirling
Barrister and Mann

Or industry classics...
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Tabac
Haslinger

Hundreds of others

The Cella extra has been tempting as is Tabac.
Scent and performance is really what I am looking for. Wanted to branch out from the Proraso use (it is fantastic however) looking for great scents!

In that case...

Mike's Naturals: Orange, Cedar and Black Pepper

Arianna and Evans: Asian Plumb

Barrister and Mann: Seville
or Reserve Waves

Dr. Jon: Hydra
or Savannah Sunrise

Zingari Man: The Wanderer

Captain's Choice: 45th Parallel
or Lime
or Sandalwood
or Nor'Easter

Stirling: Executive Man
or Sharp Dressed Man
or Sandpiper

Col. Conk: Bay Rum

The above are very safe, popular scents that just about everyone likes. Tabac is great stuff, but a lot of people don't like the smell. I think it smells fine, personally... It's just particularly masculine

If you like sandalwood, you may give Menrock Sandalwood a go. It would be my 1st choice in a Sandalwood soap. Lovely scent and performance!

proxy.php

Great suggestions! SterFry it sounds like you have a great amount of experience with soap! Might have to get Nor'Easter just for the name! We get Nor'Easters here and it means a big snow storm is coming or a powerful weather system. Captain's choice has some great names.

beepee1972 yes I indeed love sandalwood, thanks for the suggestion.

Mycroftxxx thanks for the scent description!

What are you looking for in a soap? How important is scent or is it all about performance? PAA produced phenomenal soaps so that's a good place to start.

Maggards has many samples. Some for less than $2. Experimenting is half the fun.

Since you clearly like Italian soft soaps, try Cella Extra Extra Bio. Vitos being another Italian classic.

Or try an Italian Hard Puck: Saponificio Varesimo

Or handmade artisan...
Arianna and Evans
Declaration Grooming
Mike's Naturals
Tallow and Steel
Stirling
Barrister and Mann

Or industry classics...
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Tabac
Haslinger