What's new

Snowman94's Entry to the Hall of Fame

What is your real name?
John Randolph (J.R.)

What are your nicknames/aliases?
Snowman94

Where do you live?
Lansing, Michigan. Proudly from Charleston, South Carolina.

What is your age (or) generation?

What are you in the real world?
High School Humanities teacher

What is your favorite shave setup?
Rex Konsul/Personna Lab Blue blade, Ariana and Evans Soap, DSCosmetic G7 synthetic brush.

What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
Reading books, listening to music, drinking tea, going to concerts.

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
Have benefitted much from this forum. Especially impressed with your rules of etiquette and the genial conviviality of its members.

Welcome to B&B! What are the top 3 concerts that you've been to?

Thanks for the welcome!

I am a big fan of a Folk/Rock band called Needtobreathe–I first saw them about ten years ago, but most recently in the House of Blues Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in July.

In June, I got to see Nickel Creek at the Frederik Meyer Gardens in Grand Rapids, Michigan that was awesome. Especially since they might not tour again.

I worked a booth at a music festival called the Pilgrimage Festival in Franklin Tennessee, and saw many of my favorites, including Chris Stapleton, The Avett Brothers, and Eddie Vedder. That was 2017.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Thanks for the welcome!

I am a big fan of a Folk/Rock band called Needtobreathe–I first saw them about ten years ago, but most recently in the House of Blues Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in July.

In June, I got to see Nickel Creek at the Frederik Meyer Gardens in Grand Rapids, Michigan that was awesome. Especially since they might not tour again.

I worked a booth at a music festival called the Pilgrimage Festival in Franklin Tennessee, and saw many of my favorites, including Chris Stapleton, The Avett Brothers, and Eddie Vedder. That was 2017.

I'll have to give Needtobreathe a listen sometime soon.

I remember reading that Nickel Creek put out a new album just recently, and heard about their tour. I used to play a couple of their covers with some friends of mine. I'm a big fan of the work Chris Thile did on Prairie Home Companion, and ultimately, Live From Here. It's funny, for as big as I'm into music, I've still never gone to see a show at the Meijer Gardens.

Eddie Vedder has also been a musician that I enjoy and respect. I've been a huge Pearl Jam fan since the early 90's. That Pilgrimage Festival sounds like it was a solid event to attend.

It's unfortunate, here in Lansing, there used to be a lot more local bands doing their thing. A lot of the places where you could see a live band around here have closed their doors. Depending on how long you've been in Lansing, you may have noticed that as well.

Top Bottom