What's new

Simpson Chubby 2, first shave

Interesting, really loved the brush when I took it out of the box. First use this morning, can't figure out how I feel yet. Think I really like it, love the density for sure. A little sticky on the face though. Fairly sure it's a keeper for creams, maybe not a face lathering brush though.

What is the opinion of the group on this brush?

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I owned a CH2 three different times and finally decided it was too dense for my tastes and didn't provide the flow-thru of lather I was looking for. It does look great though, I will agree with that. Perhaps after you have a break-in period yours will satisfy.

I had the same experience with a chubby 1. Just too dense and short-lofted for my tastes. Although, others swear by them. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

Steve

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I used both soaps and creams bowl and face lathered. I haven't given up on Simpson brushes. Far from it. My Duke 3 is spendid and I'm showing Fidelity the month of November with a huge Polo 12 I acquired yesterday. Great flow-thru on both those brushes.

Soap, face lathering, for me.

Steve

Yeah, that's my go to morning routine, and where I don't think it will fly. Judging on experince though, I do think it will be a killer brush for my weekend night shaves with Trumper Coconut cream.

We'll see I guess.

I used both soaps and creams bowl and face lathered. I haven't given up on Simpson brushes. Far from it. My Duke 3 is spendid and I'm showing Fidelity the month of November with a huge Polo 12 I acquired yesterday. Great flow-thru on both those brushes.

Duke 3 is my next foray I think. The Chubby doesn't flow through at all, but I think it may be good for bowl lathering creams though.

I sold my chubby on bst, here, if I remember correctly - And I picked up a duke 3 in best which is working out quite nicely.

Steve

Yeah, that's my go to morning routine, and where I don't think it will fly. Judging on experince though, I do think it will be a killer brush for my weekend night shaves with Trumper Coconut cream.

We'll see I guess.

You're right Graham,at least IMO. It is a 'killer' brush for me when I bowl lather with the fantastic Trumpers Coconut.

Craig

Top Bottom