What's new

Short tang razors?

Ok guys i need your knowledge....looking for a short and fat tang, long tailed razor.....anyone ever make one? I have discovered that i like to hold the razor with my thumb and first finger only with the rest on the tail and tailside. Im thinking i might get better control if the razor met my hand hold config and would like to try one.

Ok guys i need your knowledge....looking for a short and fat tang, long tailed razor.....anyone ever make one? I have discovered that i like to hold the razor with my thumb and first finger only with the rest on the tail and tailside. Im thinking i might get better control if the razor met my hand hold config and would like to try one.

View attachment 710882 Like my Waterville? Or are you saying the opposite of this?

Edit: just reread the post, not like this razor.... I can't say I've seen any or many like what you're looking for, though as you know my experience is limited!

One of the least favorite in my collection, Hart Steel 1/4 hollow long tailed shorty, round point in Cocobolo.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Here's a NOS Japanese 13/16 with a short tang and a normal or slightly longer monkeytail. Maybe close?

Cheers, Steve

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Hi 6C6,

it's a Belbo Chemical Steel. Belbo is a brand I've seen several of, and I have no idea what 'chemical steel' means but it is good as the Japanese marketed no bad razor steel, and I have a Kenwa folding chemical steel kamisori that's as good as anything I have.

Cheers, Steve

Hi 6C6,

it's a Belbo Chemical Steel. Belbo is a brand I've seen several of, and I have no idea what 'chemical steel' means but it is good as the Japanese marketed no bad razor steel, and I have a Kenwa folding chemical steel kamisori that's as good as anything I have.

Cheers, Steve

Thanks for the info Steve ☺

Find an old stubtail that was modded with a second pivot. I have one like that.. $WP_20140524_12_38_26_Pro_zps40593eea.jpg$WP_20140524_12_37_54_Pro_zps10137ce3.jpg

Top Bottom