What's new

Shaving Mishaps in the Movies

Shaving mishaps in movies.

Off the top of my head, four come to mind:

1) “Sweeny Todd”--”nuff” said about that one!

2) In “The Graduate” when Dustin Hoffman (Benjamin) is shaving before his nightly visit to bone Mrs. Robinson and his mom confronts him with the question of where he goes off to every night. Presumably his discomfort with the question caused him to lose focus and he accidentally cut his thumb. Understandable.

3) In “Valrkye” where Tom Cruise shows really crappy DE shaving technique (on purpose perhaps?) and cuts himself shaving, staining his shirt to provide an excuse to request a room just prior to the meeting with Hitler to actually arm the bomb.

4) The end of “Angels and Demons” where Tom Hanks’ character is inspired by the blood pattern in the sink for some reason visit IM Pei’s glass pyramid at the Louvre.

In the movie (and of course Herman Hesse's book) “The Steppenwolf", Harry Haller several times talks about and considers having “a fatal shaving accident” but it never occurs.

Any others come to mind?

Sorta movie...Anthony Bourdaine went to Cuba..barber used a real straight..was really nervous and nicked him good in many places...

I did read that thread. I just wanted to get a little more specific and give it a new twist.

I read in a book about barber shops that in the old days, it was not good etiquette to even talk about getting cut shaving in a barber shop, so I'm on thin ice. However this is a virtual barber shop, so hopefully that rule does not apply here.

I nominate Val Kilmer in Top Secret for an indirect reference. Not because he had a mishap, but his father did. Something like, "My name is Nick, I don't know what it means but my dad thought of it while he was shaving."

Wasn't there a scene in Airplane in which a guy tried to shave during turbulence? If I can find it, I'll post a link.

Top Bottom