Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Razor= Weck Sextoblade
Blade= Personna Hair Shaper
Brush= ANBBAS Badger
Soap= B&M Lavender
Aftershave= B&M Lavender

20240425_210307.jpg

Swapped out the blade for a new one tonight. The result, one small weeper on the right side of my chin. Still a nice shave though.

So I had the first shave with Strong Leopard.

This razor in my opinion is a bit deceiving. It has a straight razor alike design and the weight is similar to that of a Gold Dollar 66 razor. However the materials used are cheap and I could see that the clapping way of the blade is not that firm.

One way that I was deceived was that I was having the feeling that I had everything under control. However I got a small bad cut on my left side of the face going XTg, something that it would have never happened if I was using a Proguard blade. Nothing alarmant but it had been years since I got a cut in my face. Sedef razor has a better clamp of the blade (ironically Sedef Shavette is for De blades only). In general I got a very deep shave with this razor. 1 pass plus clean ups could be enough for a DFS shave.

This razor has a certain appeal to me, but it doesn't forgive the minimum error and it will reward you with a cut. Let us not forget that the Cloud a77 blade is very sharp and thin. I wish I could improve the design of this razor as I see a lot of potential, but I don't have the tools.

View attachment 1834215
I think my razor(s) on post #4,461 have the same locking mechanism, but mine always felt pretty tight. Definitely not easy to open and no chance of them ever sliding. Honestly, that was my fear and probably the main reason I didn't use them for years!

I think my razor(s) on post #4,461 have the same locking mechanism, but mine always felt pretty tight. Definitely not easy to open and no chance of them ever sliding. Honestly, that was my fear and probably the main reason I didn't use them for years!
I really like that old version of Feather Shavette. Are they good and is it easy to find them online?

So, I have tried two new razors this week : A Dx clone using a Kai proguard blade (14th shave) and a new A77 shavette.

I am really impressed with the Dx clone. I think now that the original Dx should be a great shavette.

The cheap A77 shavette turned a great one. This is a fantastic system where for 10 usd, you get a good shavette and 100 A77 blades.

I compare shavettes on efforts score inside me. The Dx clone with the proguard balde was an easy and effortless shave k2 out of 5). Very little different from the Kai clone. I liked the weight of Dx clone.

The A77 shavette was very interesting. It shaves really nice and you know that the blade is sharp. You just have to be careful (3 out of 5 where 5 is the top effort). I don't need to try anymore the Turkish shavette with an A77 blade although it worked really fine.

I really recommend anyone here to try this A77 and get the plastic version. This blade would easily last for 7 shaves. Do the calculations.

PXL_20240426_175432572~2.jpg

I really like that old version of Feather Shavette. Are they good and is it easy to find them online?
I haven’t used it in a long time. I remember it used to bite every single time I used it, but I did get used to it, and it’s very well-made, of course.
As for how easy they are to find, I don’t really know, I’m sorry. I feel like a member here maybe pointed it out to me on Yahoo auctions years ago and I got it there, but I don’t go looking there these days.

Top Bottom