What's new

Schick Dial/Adjustable/M, what setting = which Schick?

Which settings on a Schick Dial/Adjustable are approximately equal to which Schick models? I'm shaving with a Stick Schick right now, that's a type L, what setting on the Dial does it equal? I also have an E3, what setting does that approximately equal? Has anyone done a rough comparison, so that I know what I am getting to when I pick up my Dial next? Thanks!

Which settings on a Schick Dial/Adjustable are approximately equal to which Schick models? I'm shaving with a Stick Schick right now, that's a type L, what setting on the Dial does it equal? I also have an E3, what setting does that approximately equal? Has anyone done a rough comparison, so that I know what I am getting to when I pick up my Dial next? Thanks!

Type L is more on the mild side. On the dial, the low numbers are milder, high numbers more aggressive. I would guess your L would be similar to a range around 3-5. This will depend on the blade a bit.

Type E I haven't tried, but supposed to be one of the more aggressive Schick injectors. Just start with 5 and work your way up till you get something similar.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Interesting question. I'll confess, as a person who has nearly every 'letter' Schick (and quite a few variants), I've never really thought about correlating the Schick's M numbers with my other Schicks. I find my E3 to be my most aggressive -- more than my earlier models (A's, B's, C's, D and E's). My M at the highest number doesn't approach my E3....probably more like my E2. I'm curious about other's thoughts.....great topic!

I don't know. I have M2 and only E2 and G injector. I never thought about this question as M2 in settings 7 is the best razor in the world with a Chinese schick blade. It would be me my only razor but I have so many De blades that I must use and I can't easily order injector blades in affordable prices from Europe.

I agree with @Flintstone65 as well. I have a wide range of the Schick models and versions and also find my E3s to be pretty aggressive and my L very mild. That being said I have never compared the blade gaps, nor measured them as it really does not matter to me and just enjoy the shaves that each model/version can give.

I'm just thinking that the Schick Stick L is a bit too mild for me. Next up is the Schick Dial. I was just wondering if I thought that setting X on the Dial was awesome, I'd love to match that up with the roughly equivalent Type of Schick.

Related, has anyone listed the types by their relative efficiency/aggressiveness?

I'm just thinking that the Schick Stick L is a bit too mild for me. Next up is the Schick Dial. I was just wondering if I thought that setting X on the Dial was awesome, I'd love to match that up with the roughly equivalent Type of Schick.

Related, has anyone listed the types by their relative efficiency/aggressiveness?
You can pretty much go with the alphabet as they got a bit milder each genetation.

I just had my first shave with a Schick Dial. My impression is that the Dial at 4 is more efficient than the L type. I need more testing.

I also wonder if the tolerances on these injectors are low enough that production differences could account for shave variations as well.

Top Bottom