What's new

Safety Razor of the Month, February 2015 - Gillette New Improved

Is there a 3-piece version of the NI or NS? How do I identify whether one is 2 or 3 piece easily?

Here are my New Improveds:

$NIs1.jpg$NIs2a.jpg

On the left is a British made Big Fellow and on the right a US made Tuckaway. The Big Fellow has the wider baseplate.

I recently took the Tuckaway with me on a trip and was very favourably impressed with the balance with the original small handle, and the quality of the shave. Alternatively, I can use it with my Sabi T1. Garrett, this could be an answer to your requirement - very versatile combination.

Cheers, George

Here are my New Improveds:

View attachment 554510View attachment 554511

On the left is a British made Big Fellow and on the right a US made Tuckaway. The Big Fellow has the wider baseplate.

I recently took the Tuckaway with me on a trip and was very favourably impressed with the balance with the original small handle, and the quality of the shave. Alternatively, I can use it with my Sabi T1. Garrett, this could be an answer to your requirement - very versatile combination.

Cheers, George
Very beautiful razors. I think I am wanting a Sabi handle

I came across this New Improved silverplate but there isn't any silver on the bottom piece, not even in the knurling depressions which i would expect if it was worn. I've looked around on the forms and ebay but I haven't found anything like this. I'm curious if anyone has ever seen this before. I'm starting to think it might be a Frankin-razor made of parts from different razors.
$newImproved.jpg

Last edited:
I came across this New Improved silverplate but there isn't any silver on the bottom piece, not even in the knurling depressions which i would expect if it was worn. I've looked around on the forms and ebay but I haven't found anything like this. I'm curious if anyone has ever seen this before. I'm starting to think it might be a Frankin-razor made of parts from different razors.

Welcome to B&B.

Pictures? Or a link (unless it's an active eBay auction).

Top Bottom