What's new

RIP Ryuichi Sakamoto

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but for me the early electro of the 1970's pop grabbed my attention and certainly Firecracker was the start of a journey that is still continuing through the air waves of that very sound. So it was with a heavy heart today that the announcement of Ryuichi Sakamoto passing came out to the world news. His early YMO tunes took me deeper into electronic music while his film scores and solo stuff took me in to jazz, avant-garde etc. Funnily to find that Martin Denny another artist I love to listen to, had recorded firecracker in 1959 kinda completed a circle in my mind. So as I say RIP Ryuichi Sakamoto ☹️

A great loss. A young fellow who I work with streams almost nothing but Sakamoto at the shop ( I suspect he’s somewhere on the autism spectrum) I’ve picked up a few lps recently. Plan to get more.

RIP. Thanks for posting.

I think I was vaguely familiar with some of his music. Over the past week I have been listening to some of his "best of" selections. One by him to honor him at his passing

Top Bottom