What's new

Replacing a Badger Knot

Two band 20mm Finest Extra Hair knot from TGN is on its way to Phil to complete the restoration.

Mike

Nice work, another lovely Century brush handle. Love what they did back then. This one is particularly interesting as they mixed the resins in a way reminiscent of a harlequin opal. Does it look like they added mica to get the little plates?

So here are some photos of the finished restore. We will have to rely on Mike to post some post-bloom photos after his first lather with this bad boy. That handle took a great shine, and I really like how it turned out.

That is a beautiful restore. Mike should be happy to shave with that one.

Nice work PC....real nice work. That old handle really is a rare shape and interesting color too.

Phil,

She looks beautiful. I cannot wait to try her out. I certainly will post photos in full bloom.

Thanks again.

Mike

R

rodeo

Great thread - very informative!

I sure wish I had my Dad's old trusty brush that I'm sure he used for decades. I can almost picture it in my mind having seen it as a kid many many times and I'll have to watch the flea markets for one that reminds me is similar...

Phil, that's a beautiful restore..... and very informative for me... I'm in the middle of a restore myself. I have the handle of a Butterscotch Klenzo B985 all drilled out and waiting for a best badger TGN knot.... I'll post some photos when it's complete.

Thanks for sharing the story of this brush, he should have many great shaves with it.

Here are a couple of post bloom photos after a quick lather:

proxy.php
[/IMG]

proxy.php
[/IMG]

Isn't she beautiful. I cannot wait to shave in the morning! By the way, my wife couldn't look happier:thumbup:

Phil (pcullens), thanks buddy.

Mike

Here are a couple of post bloom photos after a quick lather:

proxy.php
[/IMG]

proxy.php
[/IMG]

Isn't she beautiful. I cannot wait to shave in the morning! By the way, my wife couldn't look happier:thumbup:

Phil (pcullens), thanks buddy.

Mike

I'm glad you like it, and was happy to help a fellow member. It should provide you with many nice shaves. I'm sure your wife was happy to see her fathers brush, that was a gift, from the two of you, restored to it's former glory. That is a really cool element of this restore for me.

Phil,

I know this is about the tenth time but thank you for doing it for me. The joy on my wife's face when I showed it to her was absolutely priceless.

Mike

denim,

Thanks for the compliment. I can't help you there, I would think you eventually could find one if you search the "net". This is a Century handle, I understand that Century is no longer around.

Mike

Top Bottom